Windows 10: Wndows 7 reference on my Windows 10 device?

Discus and support Wndows 7 reference on my Windows 10 device? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I recently purchased a new Windows 10 laptop (HP), which I presumed is a 'clean install' and I'm mooching around looking into how to create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ouroboros72, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Wndows 7 reference on my Windows 10 device?

Hi,

I recently purchased a new Windows 10 laptop (HP), which I presumed is a 'clean install' and I'm mooching around looking into how to create a recovery disk. Anyway, when I go into control panel, underneath System and Security I see a link that says;

Back up and Restore (Windows 7).

I'm wondering why there's a reference to Windows 7 on my Windows 10 device?

:)

ouroboros72, Dec 11, 2015

2. I have a window 7 pro, i got wndow 10 update, i update window 10..is it my window 10 genine ???

I have a window 7 pro, i got wndow 10 update, i update window 10..is it my window 10 genine ???

diagnostic tool says genuine WGA unsupported us.

and my old product key is also change in window 10

how to resolve this problem.

MOHITKUMAR_435, Dec 11, 2015
  3. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 via Windows Update with error: "You will need to activate windows before upgrading "

Wndows 10 can only be upgraded on an already activated Windows 7 or 8. The OP obviously doesn't comply with this condition.

I have upgraded all four of my own machines and all are running very well.. Wndows 7 reference on my Windows 10 device? :)

Mike Hall... always, Dec 11, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Wndows 7 reference on my Windows 10 device?

Ztruker, Dec 12, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    I don't use that feature.
    I do all my file backup, system image backup, create Recovery drive and create Repair disk from File History feature which is also on Control Panel list.
    Just my preference. Nothing wrong with Backup and Restore (Windows 7) feature.

davidhk, Dec 12, 2015
  6. Steve C Win User
    Macrium Reflect is more reliable and versatile than the built in Windows backup utility/

Steve C, Dec 12, 2015
  7. Thanks Z, that was just the response I was hoping for. I was just worried it might be indicative of some potential argy bargy on the manufacturers behalf, but that puts my mind at rest.

ouroboros72, Dec 12, 2015
  8. Wndows 7 reference on my Windows 10 device?

Thanks, good to have options and confirmation I was looking in the right area. In the end I came across this page;

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/w...recovery-drive

and following the instructions seemed to get me to where I wanted to be (I just need to procure a larger spare usb for the job first).

ouroboros72, Dec 12, 2015
  9. Yes, I did read there are some decent third party tools for the job, but not being very tech savvy and a bit of a luddite I'll probably stick with the system one. I appreciate the input though.

ouroboros72, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Wndows 7 reference on my Windows 10 device?

1. Wndows 7 reference on my Windows 10 device? - Similar Threads - Wndows reference device

2. Not updating Wndows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not updating Wndows 10: The text says that updates cannot be done because of various issues with security and quality etc. The error code is 0x80070564. Anybody knows what that means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-updating-wndows-10/75994618-3993-4cc4-8528-5f456c1efa09
  3. Not updating Wndows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not updating Wndows 10: The text says that updates cannot be done because of various issues with security and quality etc. The error code is 0x80070564. Anybody knows what that means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-updating-wndows-10/75994618-3993-4cc4-8528-5f456c1efa09
  4. Not updating Wndows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Wndows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wndows 10 update: hi, I am trying to update my windows to the newest version, however when I run the update I get an error saying its unable to amend system data. so after trying a variety of different approaches I decided a clean start would be the fix. but no. apparently this pc is unable to...
  6. Wndows using Windows 7 Back Up and Restore

Wndows using Windows 7 Back Up and Restore: I have an intermittent failure using W7 Backup & Restore that happened last month. BU&R runs using either the weekly schedule I use or manually. The programme runs, but near the end it stops with an error number 0x8007045D along with a message 1/O device error. and that the...
  7. Wndows 10 Pro

Wndows 10 Pro: I want to install wndows 10 pro on Asus Laprtop which motherboard model is K55VM / HM 76 Is this motherboard compatible for windows 10 Pro ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wndows-10-pro/5ffcef46-4ab7-4388-b759-80beb6bb9083
  8. wndows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    wndows 10 pro: my compaq presario laptop keeps saying that my windows 10 pro is not activated and can not be until windows 10 home is installed . . what do i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wndows-10-pro/485af4a9-320e-4ef8-8b78-cccdb4f20cc8"
  9. Wndows 10 License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wndows 10 License: Hi, I installed Windows 10 Pro on my computer and when setting up clicked to activate windows later. Now I want to buy and Windows 10 Home license as i have no need for pro features, and therefore dont want to pay extra. The license i am going to buy is the home edition...
  10. Network a wndows 7 desktop with a windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network a wndows 7 desktop with a windows 10 laptop: New to this stuff... Can someone detail what has to be done to each PC step by step so that I can share files, printer etc between the systems? The desktop has a wired connection to the router and the laptop is using wifi. Desktop is windows 7 home. thanks 40927