Windows 10: Woke up to black monitors. Another Windows update. Goodbye Windows 10.

Discus and support Woke up to black monitors. Another Windows update. Goodbye Windows 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Reinstalling windows 7 today. As a digital media producer I'll have to reinstall 30 or so programs. But after 5 projects postponed and 2 presentations... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mychatposts, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Woke up to black monitors. Another Windows update. Goodbye Windows 10.

Reinstalling windows 7 today. As a digital media producer I'll have to reinstall 30 or so programs. But after 5 projects postponed and 2 presentations delayed because of Window's infuriating automatic update policy destroying my drivers, I've had enough of this BS. If you're a soccer mom and you need a Windows 10 computer from target for your 5 year old, by all means use windows 10. At least you'll know a giant computer somewhere is tracking and marketing their every key stroke. But if you actually need to use your computer professionally, stick with WIndows 7. Goodbye windows 10. I've regretted every moment with you.

:)

mychatposts, Jan 16, 2016

2. Black margins surrounding screen

Woke up yesterday to find inch-wide black margins around my screen and poor resolution. Have attempted updating graphics card, changing resolution and messing with external options on monitor, all to no avail. Running Windows 10. Any thoughts?

Todd Burus, Jan 16, 2016
  3. What Monitor Displays After Waking Up in Windows 10

I just updated to Windows 10 and when my monitor awakes after sleep mode it automatically goes to the login screen for my MSN account. There are 3 user accounts on this system. Before the update I was running Windows 8 and the monitor always woke up to
    a login window not specific to any one user. Can I change what displays after my monitor wakes up?

CapiCraft2010, Jan 16, 2016
  4. maarkr Win User

Woke up to black monitors. Another Windows update. Goodbye Windows 10.

don't know what you are going to do in a few years when 7 and 8 is no longer supported????

maarkr, Jan 17, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    tech-divorce...... bummer! *Sad

Not trying to make lite of your situation, just wish there was something we could do to help!

Meantime mychatposts ......
    Welcome to the forums, hope the time you spend here may be enjoyable and informative. *Smile

Edwin, Jan 17, 2016
  6. bobkn Win User
    Are you aware that there's a Windows 10 setting that allows you to prevent Windows Update from updating drivers? It doesn't block other updates; only drivers.

I have been using it for months. It works.

Whether that would be adequate to let Windows 10 work for you, I can't guess.

Your post reads like you aren't seeking help at this time. Not that I'd blame you for that, after what you've been through.

Win 7 is supposed to be supported until January 14, 2020, although MS has said that they won't be supporting it on new Intel CPUs and motherboards before that.

I hope that you feel better after venting.

bobkn, Jan 17, 2016
  7. While I haven't had any problems with W10 (not yet anyway), I understand why the OP is frustrated. All he/she wants to do is for things to just work and get work done. It's a shame that W10 is not working for some people because it's the best Windows MS has released.

z31fanatic, Jan 17, 2016
  8. Woke up to black monitors. Another Windows update. Goodbye Windows 10.

That's insulting to those of us using Windows 10 for professional situations. Windows 10 works perfectly fine, especially for those willing to look in to any issues that may arise. Most have simple solutions. It was never a good idea to let Windows Update handle your drivers unless you had no other option.

DeaconFrost, Jan 17, 2016
  9. Mine acted up after this last update, But thanks to this Forum found out it was my screen saver. After 5 mins it went blank and the a logon screen followed. Now Win10 is all better *Smile Thanks Devs for the fix.*Smile

ChickenLittle, Jan 17, 2016
  10. I had driver errors until I learned how to force 10 to stop updating my drivers.

ManyBreads, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Woke up to black monitors. Another Windows update. Goodbye Windows 10.

1. Woke up to black monitors. Another Windows update. Goodbye Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Woke black monitors

2. Windows 10 Setup Not Woking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Setup Not Woking: my laptop is stuck on the startup screen where it says the time and battery icon, whenever I try to login, it doesn’t let me put in a password, stays there for about 2-5 seconds, then sends me back to the previous screen.before this happened, my laptop was going to bsod and...
  3. Windows Update not woking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update not woking: I have fresh windows installation on my brand new laptop.Windows Update shows me red exclamtion mark and message about missing important updates.And then a list of available updated all in "waiting for download" state.But when I press "Download" button - nothing happens.How...
  4. Windows Update not woking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update not woking: I have fresh windows installation on my brand new laptop.Windows Update shows me red exclamtion mark and message about missing important updates.And then a list of available updated all in "waiting for download" state.But when I press "Download" button - nothing happens.How...
  5. Windows Update not woking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 Update Woke Me Up At Midnight. Argh!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update Woke Me Up At Midnight. Argh!: 20H2 I keep a laptop on a shelf right next to my bed, just inches from my face. At exactly midnight last night I was woken by a bright blue light in my face. Apparently I forgot to shut down my laptop at bedtime. Perhaps I only put it to sleep, instead of completely shutting...
  7. Goodbye Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Goodbye Windows 10: Fed up with failed updates constantly trying to install and going into update loops. Wasting my time. Back to Windows 7. Maybe when MS gets their act together I'll go back but for now it's over. 26627
  8. woke up to no boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    woke up to no boot: thursday night I put my pc in sleep mode fri morn I come back and find the bios screen displaying. I tried rebooting, and no go. It didn't identify the right hard disk. So I repaired the boot with macrium reflect recovery disk. I booted to windows, and after five minutes,...
  9. Went to bed with Windows 10, Woke up with Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Went to bed with Windows 10, Woke up with Windows 7: About a week ago I installed the free windows 10 upgrade on one of my home PC's, everything went good and installed perfectly. I woke up this morning and the computer had reverted back to Windows 7 by it's self sometime during the night. It reverted back to a very old version...
  10. A Sad Goodbye to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A Sad Goodbye to Windows 10: Earlier in the week I woke up W10 and to my shock a blue page appeared telling me an error 0xc000021a had occoured the system gather data then restarted. Another blue page appeared informing me of Stop Code WDF violation. Next the system attempted to repaired itself but...