Windows 10: WOL not working

Discus and support WOL not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since installing windows 10 my WOL has stopped working, I'm fairly certain I have the same setup I used to have. Any advice ? 4583 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Caddish, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Caddish Win User

WOL not working

Since installing windows 10 my WOL has stopped working, I'm fairly certain I have the same setup I used to have.

Any advice ?

:)

Caddish, Mar 10, 2015
  2. oldcelt Win User

Windows10 build 1709 WOL now fails

I've had WOL working for several years on my LAN. After an upgrade from build 1603 to 1709 WOL no longer works!

Anybody any idea what may be a cure please?

oldcelt, Mar 10, 2015
  3. [ Solved ] Windows 10 Wake On LAN Problem After Shutdown

Thank you for answering

I disabled netbios but noting was change

After shutdown network card led will be off and wol not working but in hirbernate and sleep network card led will be on and wol working fine

Ali Belali, Mar 10, 2015
  4. WOL not working

Care to share, just what WOL is?
    And how is it not working?

What version of W-10 are you using?

I may not be the only one not familiar with those letters. Eh?

*Cool

TechnoMage, Mar 10, 2015
  5. Caddish Win User
    Caddish, Mar 10, 2015
  6. Apologies! I guess I didn't know that, because I would NEVER use that.

Nothing ever turns on my PC but ME! In fact there is not even power applied to my PC when I'm not there working it.
    I've read too many complaints from people who say that their PC turned on by itself in the middle of the night and scared the 'old lady' half out of her wits. *chuckle

On every PC I've ever had, WOL has been a feature of the BIOS, not the OS. Eh?
    And, I've always made sure that it's disabled.

Have you re-checked your Bios?

TechnoMage, Mar 10, 2015
  7. Caddish Win User
    I've had the occasional PC turned on in the middle of the night by itself, but it's worth it to be able to start the PC remotely.

It has to be enabled both in bios and OS and it is but it's still not working

Caddish, Mar 10, 2015
  8. Dude Win User

WOL not working

Try updating the driver for your NIC

9. adamf Win User
    Check you don't have Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power set and you have Allow this device to wake the computer and Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer ticked on your ethernet adapter in device manager also.

How are you sending the packet? Is it from inside or outside your local network? This still works for me Wake On Lan app for Windows in the Windows Store

adamf, Mar 10, 2015
  10. Caddish Win User
    Good advice, I'll try both suggestion tonight

Caddish, Mar 10, 2015
  11. Haven't seen the reply, but whoever is interested, adamf is 100% correct:
    Go to Device Manager > Network adapters > Open NIC settins > Power management

Check all the boxes. It worked for me. I had exactly the same issue - WOL quit working right after upgrade to Windows 10.

Thank you!

shepmarine, Aug 12, 2015
  12. I had similar problem and I solved it by removing current RealtekNIC driver that came from Microsoft Update and then installed NIC driver provided from vendor website. Here is my article about Windows 10 and WOL problem

Hope it helps.

SysAdmHowto, Aug 15, 2015
  13. WOL not working

Were you setting to have the PC with the Win 10 or send to a different machine?

thingsmith, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

WOL not working

1. WOL not working - Similar Threads - WOL working

2. why does my ethernet turn off when in sleep and turned off im trying to get wol to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my ethernet turn off when in sleep and turned off im trying to get wol to work: so i have already tried turning off power savers and configured everything in bios for it to work but it just doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-ethernet-turn-off-when-in-sleep-and/22c0a483-c3cb-4c35-9fa9-947188297301
  3. why does my ethernet turn off when in sleep and turned off im trying to get wol to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does my ethernet turn off when in sleep and turned off im trying to get wol to work: so i have already tried turning off power savers and configured everything in bios for it to work but it just doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-ethernet-turn-off-when-in-sleep-and/22c0a483-c3cb-4c35-9fa9-947188297301
  4. why does my ethernet turn off when in sleep and turned off im trying to get wol to work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows turns off network adapter WOL not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows turns off network adapter WOL not working: Hi,I'm having an issue with the network adaptor on my motherboard.As far as I can tell, I should have everything setup properly for WOL to function.When the machine goes into sleep mode, WOL works fine.If I turn off the PC by holding down the power off button, WOL works.If I...
  6. Windows turns off network adapter WOL not working

Windows turns off network adapter WOL not working: Hi,I'm having an issue with the network adaptor on my motherboard.As far as I can tell, I should have everything setup properly for WOL to function.When the machine goes into sleep mode, WOL works fine.If I turn off the PC by holding down the power off button, WOL works.If I...
  7. WOL does not work in only shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WOL does not work in only shutdown: HelloI have a strange problem, on Windows 10,WOL not working only in shutdown the lan led work fine ,every time I send wol packets from mobile app or win7 from other pc, lan led flashes this means that the packets are sent correctly also "In sleep mode wol works fine".I read...
  8. WOL does not work in only shutdown

WOL does not work in only shutdown: HelloI have a strange problem, on Windows 10,WOL not working only in shutdown the lan led work fine ,every time I send wol packets from mobile app or win7 from other pc, lan led flashes this means that the packets are sent correctly also "In sleep mode wol works fine".I read...
  9. WOL does not work in only shutdown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. WOL not work on Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WOL not work on Win11: Hi,My laptopacer aspire Wake on LAN function works normally on Win10 and not work after upgrading to Win11. Wake on lan from S0ix is failed. I've tried everything i can do, ex: LAN related setting in device manager/BIOS setting...etc. and still not work!!Is this MSFT Win11...