Windows 10: Wondering about SSD setup

Discus and support Wondering about SSD setup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I installed Windows 10 and was wondering from the past about all those "optimizations" for SSD's. Seems to me that in Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AirPower4ever, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Wondering about SSD setup

Hello everyone,

I installed Windows 10 and was wondering from the past about all those "optimizations" for SSD's. Seems to me that in Windows 7 there were a lot like shutting off indexing, prefetch and super, but many more. Then in Windows 8.1 the list of things to optimize seemed shorter.

How is it for Windows 10? Are there any to do?

System
    Win10 Pro 64-bit
    Z170 mobo
    GTX 980 Ti
    8GB of ram
    Sammy 950 Pro

Thanks

:)

AirPower4ever, Nov 29, 2015

2. N95! Wondering About Processor..

oh! I thought n95s cpu was over clocked

abc_to_xyz, Nov 29, 2015
  3. N95! Wondering About Processor..

Hello! on forum nokia and on many other sites, it is written that Nokia N95 is powered by 329Mhz ARM Processor. But When I run sys apps on n95 (like: NSysInfo, X-Plore, e.t.c), they all showed 206Mhz! I'm confused? If N95's RAM is 64MB, Processor is 206Mhz,
    then why it is faster then N73? or all those apps are wrong???

Message Edited by on 19-Dec-2008 08:23 PM

abc_to_xyz, Nov 29, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Wondering about SSD setup

Windows10 does a pretty good job at handling SSDs. It recognises that it is an SSD and replaces the Defrag with a Trim. You can check on this in Properties ->Tools when right clicking on the disk.

philc43, Nov 30, 2015
  5. azasadny Win User
    Win10 handles it, as Philc43 explained. Don't worry about it...

azasadny, Nov 30, 2015
  6. To both of you, thank you for responding. Will just leave it as is.

Again, thanks

AirPower4ever, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Wondering about SSD setup

1. Wondering about SSD setup - Similar Threads - Wondering SSD setup

2. Randomly got a new user temporarily and was wondering about it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Randomly got a new user temporarily and was wondering about it: When i was trying to log into my laptop i noticed another user named 'New User' on my laptop. then it disappeared after a few minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/randomly-got-a-new-user-temporarily-and-was/174c989f-75be-48df-b191-46748ae75c30
  3. Randomly got a new user temporarily and was wondering about it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Randomly got a new user temporarily and was wondering about it: When i was trying to log into my laptop i noticed another user named 'New User' on my laptop. then it disappeared after a few minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/randomly-got-a-new-user-temporarily-and-was/174c989f-75be-48df-b191-46748ae75c30
  4. Randomly got a new user temporarily and was wondering about it

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. About my ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About my ssd: Got ssd on my old pc and clone all files from hdd to ssd got the boot bios run on ssd but the disk management shows the ssd as system and primary drive but the hdd show boot, pages,file,crash is it normal or i made i mistake?...
  6. About my ssd

About my ssd: Got ssd on my old pc and clone all files from hdd to ssd got the boot bios run on ssd but the disk management shows the ssd as system and primary drive but the hdd show boot, pages,file,crash is it normal or i made i mistake?...
  7. About trimming SSD

About trimming SSD: Hello everyone. I would like to ask how often I should trim my SSD by using the disk defragmentation utility of Windows 11. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-trimming-ssd/ab835a3b-fb60-4fd7-b902-0cd36486b1a2
  8. About Two Screen Setups

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    About Two Screen Setups: Hi folks. Windows 10 used to have a bug where if you have two screens with different Hz speeds (I.e one 144hz and one 60hz), and you had YouTube or twitch on your second screen, your main screen game in Borderless Windowed mode would stutter. I heard that Microsoft has...
  9. SSD Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Setup: Got my Samsung Pro 256 installed and all software loader OK. Not seeing a lot of difference over HDD yet,In Samsung Magician its says to use AHCI mode,if I set bios to that it will not boot.Is this a must for top performance? Can't get rapid mode set either. Is this Benchmark...
  10. Wondering about Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Wondering about Windows 10: (quote from a site I was browsing) "Now all we need are some pointers on the cost for Windows 10 after the first year promotion." If Microsoft is going to make Windows 10 a 'service' and we all jump of the cliff and into Windows 10. What are we agreeing to in the long run...