Windows 10: Won't connect to internet

Discus and support Won't connect to internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows Insider 17063 won't connect to Internet. It is a wired connect and it says Internet access on the little screen icon. Tried Edge, Firefox,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ddgm91, Jan 1, 2018.

1. ddgm91 Win User

Won't connect to internet

Windows Insider 17063 won't connect to Internet. It is a wired connect and it says Internet access on the little screen icon. Tried Edge, Firefox, Waterfox and Chrome. Just get spinning circles. My wife's Win 10 connects and I have my computer also set up on a separate SSD for OSX Sierra, which is how I an accessing this forum. All diagnostics say all is good, but still will not connect in Windows. I also had the problem of no sound in Browsers except Chrome. Now it has progressed or regressed to no connection. Help!

:)

ddgm91, Jan 1, 2018
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Win 10 upgrade

Teddy is correct. You don't need to be connected to the internet to install Windows 10, but there are certain caveats - things that can't happen until you connect to the internet:

Your copy of Windows 10 won't be activated.

You won't be able to create or connect to a Microsoft account.

You won't have access to the Windows Store.

You won't be able to use apps that connect to the internet (which is most of them.)

That said, I think installing without being connected to the internet is a good idea for everyone. When you are connected, everything wants to be updated, which makes the install take longer to complete, and then you get all these pop up messages cluttering
    your monitor. Better to install in peace and then connect to the internet.

BulldogXX, Jan 1, 2018
  3. GordonB-P Win User
    Lost connectivity to Microsoft Edge following updates

What do you mean by unable to "connect" to Edge?

Do you mean Edge won't open, or it won't connect to the internet?

GordonB-P, Jan 1, 2018
  4. Won't connect to internet

Hi ddgm91

First power cycle your router, easy to do and eliminates it as cause. I would also power off you computer and restart.

Then check Windows Update history, see if you recently received a driver update, if so roll back.

You could also try Network trouble shooter, Start > Settings > Update and Security > Troubleshoot > Internet connections.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 1, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    Open a CMD prompt then type
    Ipconfig /all
    Then
    Tracert 194.119.131.66

Post both results

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Won't connect to internet

1. Won't connect to internet - Similar Threads - Won't connect internet

2. PC won't connect to internet but it is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't connect to internet but it is?: My PC is connected through Ethernet but when I go the network status it say no internet connected. I watched a lot of videos on youtube and non of those helped my situation, I ended up buying a new motherboard and CPU not for this reason but come to find out that this didn't...
  3. PC won't connect to internet but it is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't connect to internet but it is?: My PC is connected through Ethernet but when I go the network status it say no internet connected. I watched a lot of videos on youtube and non of those helped my situation, I ended up buying a new motherboard and CPU not for this reason but come to find out that this didn't...
  4. PC won't connect to internet but it is?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. PC won't connect/stay connected to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't connect/stay connected to internet: Please help, ASUS, windows 10 laptop refuses to connect or stay connected to xfinity wifi. It connects to my mobile hotspot no problem. All over devices can connect to xfinity. I've reset the laptop and modem. I've reset the network on the laptop. No luck. submitted by...
  6. Asus won't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asus won't connect to internet: My Asus, of a few years old, is having connecting to the internet. When I want to login on Windows 10 the wifi sign doesn't show, only the world sign that I don't have network. I can login on Windows 10 but no network is showing. I tried a lot: - checked if its network -...
  7. Xbox won't connect to the internet

Xbox won't connect to the internet: My Xbox won't let me connect to Xbox Live. I've signed into my account, but can't get into Xbox Live or anything else that would require an internet connection. I'm getting the error code 0x800704cf. I've already tried restarting my modem and my Xbox, none of which helped....
  8. Laptop won't connect to Internet. Help!

Laptop won't connect to Internet. Help!: Laptop won't connect to Internet "can't connect" or "no Internet" messages. Other devices working fine. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-help/81ad70b4-bb2b-4aeb-a5c1-935e3c56349c
  9. iTunes won't connect to internet with W10

iTunes won't connect to internet with W10: New Dell laptop and everything else works. Have deleted and re-downloaded iTunes 2x. Made sure it's enable in Windows firwall. Even turned off firewall. Deleted McAffee totally. No proxy server is checked. I've googled all day and it seems others are having this problem but I...
  10. Internet says it is connected but won't work

Internet says it is connected but won't work: Summary: My windows 10 computer says the network has internet access, but I can't actually access anything on the internet. I know the internet is working because I have multiple other devices connecting, including a windows 7 computer. The computer can also see each other...