Windows 10: Won't detect second monitor after Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Won't detect second monitor after Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I was automatically upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 yesterday and now my second monitor can't be detected. Windows says it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by DavidP24, May 25, 2016.

1. DavidP24 Win User

Won't detect second monitor after Windows 10 upgrade

I was automatically upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 yesterday and now my second monitor can't be detected. Windows says it doesn't detect the second one, even though it displays two. When I move the mouse, it moves across both screens, but the second monitor essentially just mirrors the main monitor. This only started happening after the upgrade.

:)

DavidP24, May 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade.Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Changing the title

Old title – Dual monitor issue.

New title – Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when
    setting up displays.

TaylorFeltner, May 25, 2016
  3. Windows 10 not detecting my second monitor

As the topic says, windows 10 isn't detecting a second monitor plugged into my laptop, it detected it on windows 8.1 but after I upgraded to windows 10 it stoped working. And yes, I followed microsofts guide to add a second monitor. Is there anyone that
    could help me with this problem?

MaxRosenström, May 25, 2016
  4. robgr Win User

Are your GPU drivers current?

robgr, May 25, 2016
  5. RWOne Win User
    Windows key + P - change to extend, what happens?

RWOne, May 25, 2016
  6. DavidP24 Win User
    Thanks. Just updated the Video Graphics card.

DavidP24, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Won't detect second monitor after Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Won't detect second

2. Laptop won't detect second monitor Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't detect second monitor Windows 11: Hi,I have an asus va24dq monitor and a lenovo yoga 730 laptop and had no problems for about 6 months but then suddenly my laptop won't detect my monitor. I have checked the HDMI cable and bought multiple new ones, checked that my laptop connects to other screens like my TV...
  3. Laptop won't detect second monitor Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't detect second monitor Windows 11: Hi,I have an asus va24dq monitor and a lenovo yoga 730 laptop and had no problems for about 6 months but then suddenly my laptop won't detect my monitor. I have checked the HDMI cable and bought multiple new ones, checked that my laptop connects to other screens like my TV...
  4. Second monitor detected but won't connect.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor detected but won't connect.: Hello, it's just as the title says. I recently updated Windows, and Nvidia, and now my second monitor is detected, but it will not connect. I have rolled back on both Windows, and Nvidia updates to no avail. I have tested the cable, and the monitor to make sure they weren't...
  5. windows 10 won't detect second monitor

windows 10 won't detect second monitor: This has been asked but the answers don't fit my situation. My old Dell computer was getting wonky so my daughter gave me her Dell XPS 13-9360. She hadn't used it for a long time, so I updated Windows 10 64 bit --it took forever but it tells me now it is completely up to...
  6. Second monitor no longer detectable after WIndows 10 upgrade

Second monitor no longer detectable after WIndows 10 upgrade: Hi, I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Throughout the upgrade process I was using my second monitor. When Windows 10 finished installing, my second monitor no longer worked. I tried to troubleshoot it by upgrading the drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the...
  7. Second monitor not detected after upgrade to win10

Second monitor not detected after upgrade to win10: I have just upgraded my system to Windows 10 after installing a brand new Hard Drive. The system was originally on Windows 7 and the second monitor was working perfectly. The USB 2.0 VGA device is plugged in is working properly and in device manager the diver is up to date...
  8. Second monitor not detected

Second monitor not detected: After upgrade to Windows 10 Pro version 1809 my 2nd monitor is not detected. Updating display drivers for Intel HD graphics 4000 and Nvidia Geforce 710m graphics cards did not solve the problem. Rolled back to version 1803 and everything works fine. My laptop is an Acer...
  9. Second Monitor is not Detected in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second Monitor is not Detected in Windows 10: Hey so I just got a new computer, before I had windows 7 and everything worked fine. But with my new rig, the second monitor no longer displays. I've done a clean installation of my drivers but still nothing. Also tried windows key and P to select extend but again nothing has...
  10. PC won't detect second monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC won't detect second monitor: I found a PC monitor in my basement, but when i tried to connect it to my PC, it could not be detected. HELP!!! 45330