Windows 10: Won't sign in to correct account

Discus and support Won't sign in to correct account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Some games from the windows store allow you to receive achievements for your Xbox live account, but I have a slight problem. So my Xbox email is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheRealDgk, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Won't sign in to correct account

Some games from the windows store allow you to receive achievements for your Xbox live account, but I have a slight problem.

So my Xbox email is different from my computers email. When I play a game from the windows store on PC it signs me in to my computers email. I would like to be able to sign in with my Xbox email so I can get achievements for my Xbox live account.

I've tried signing in with my Xbox live account in the windows store, and I've tried looking for an option to sign in with another email within whatever game I'm trying but have no luck. I am, however, able to sign in to my Xbox live account with their new Xbox app with no problem at all

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated because I don't want to have to make a whole new PC account just to work with the Xbox games from the store.

:)

TheRealDgk, Jul 28, 2015
  2. shanonah Win User

Made a new user account in windows 10 but it won't let me sign in with it.

I recently made a new user account under family and signed in using the Microsoft account. It says that I can sign in but when I try using that account into sign into my computer it says the profile won't load. I've tried everything I can think of and
    cannot seem to find anything online to help with this issue. It's very frustrating because it is a valid Microsoft account and my password is correct.

shanonah, Jul 28, 2015
  3. A-A-ron Win User
    How to remove old Microsoft account from laptop

Hey Aswin,

I'm not able to sign into the desktop. My laptop is using the old Windows account email + password as my login to gain access to my desktop. I can type in the correct credentials to the old Windows account, but if of course won't work because the account
    is deactivated.

A-A-ron, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Won't sign in to correct account

IIRC, I was able to sign into Xbox.com and change my email address to my MSA email. Please try doing this and tie it to the same email you use for Windows. Let us know if that resolves your issue.

BlauUmlaut, Jul 28, 2015
  5. This did not work for me. I guess it's because my computers MSA is outlook.com, It has to be something else like Gmail or Yahoo. I shouldn't have to do anything other than sign in with a different account within the store page or even inside the game.

TheRealDgk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Won't sign in to correct account

1. Won't sign in to correct account - Similar Threads - Won't sign correct

2. Microsoft account won't sign in on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account won't sign in on windows 11: I seen a similar post to an issue I had so I copied and pasted it below but with the different error I'm getting. Also I'm not sure if it's related or not but the microsoft store is extremely slow for me and doesn't allow me to download stuff. Yes my internet connection works...
  3. Microsoft account won't sign in on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account won't sign in on windows 11: I seen a similar post to an issue I had so I copied and pasted it below but with the different error I'm getting. Also I'm not sure if it's related or not but the microsoft store is extremely slow for me and doesn't allow me to download stuff. Yes my internet connection works...
  4. Cant sign in with correct password.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant sign in with correct password.: Every time I try to log into my computer with my password it says the password is wrong. So I changed my password and still cant log in, starts to say welcome then goes to password is wrong . When I turned my computer off last night it was going to do updates…and now it wont...
  5. Cant sign in with correct password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant sign in with correct password.: Every time I try to log into my computer with my password it says the password is wrong. So I changed my password and still cant log in, starts to say welcome then goes to password is wrong . When I turned my computer off last night it was going to do updates…and now it wont...
  6. Windows 10 won't sign into Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 won't sign into Microsoft account: Hi, several months ago I deleted my Microsoft account. Last week, I made a new Microsoft account, using the same email that I had on my first account that was deleted. I can go to my account online and log in with not problems, and I can also sign into it on apps on my google...
  7. PC won't sign into my account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won't sign into my account: Hello, I am having an issue with my PC not logging into my account. I have another account on-device & it works without a hitch, however my account just says "logging you in" & doesn't stop. When I try to access my user's files via the other account, it also does not load....
  8. Windows Account name when signing on is not correct - Can it be changed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Account name when signing on is not correct - Can it be changed?: Hi, I'm having an issue when signing onto a Windows 10 computer using my online account where the name it is using is not correct. This has happened on my laptop and recently on a new PC at home. Where does the name seen below dsmal come from? It is not spelled correctly...
  9. Unable to sign in to Windows 10 account despite correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign in to Windows 10 account despite correct password: I had a jittery mouse and was told to disable some system configuration stuff https://www.google.com/amp/s/windowsreport.com/fix-erratic-mouse/%3famp first solution on the website. Now despite entering the correct password on the login screen nothing it working. I've tried to...
  10. Can't sign into microsoft account even though password is correct.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign into microsoft account even though password is correct.: when signing in it says that my password is incorrect. Changing password doesn't help, I put my password into that and it says something along the lines of I need to use a different pass word than what I had before even though that's the password I've been using and hasn't...