Windows 10: Word 2003 & Microsoft Input Converter ?

Discus and support Word 2003 & Microsoft Input Converter ? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I'm still using Word 2003 as I've used it for years and still works just fine especially when compared to later more complicated versions. However... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Arcadian, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Arcadian Win User

Word 2003 & Microsoft Input Converter ?

I'm still using Word 2003 as I've used it for years and still works just fine especially when compared to later more complicated versions. However recently I've started getting a message saying I must install "Microsoft Input Converter" first before I can open anything. I've tried to download it but it then keeps saying I must install it into the original disk first which I wouldn't know how to do anyway as I never had one to begin with.

Anyone got a solution ?

Thanks

:)

Arcadian, Aug 14, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Aug 14, 2017
  3. KB3176493 for Windows 10 and KB3177725 for Windows 7 broke printing in our software

KB3177725 also breaks the connection between Adobe Acrobat and Word, rendering it impossible to use Acrobat to convert Word files to PDFs under Windows 7. This is well-documented in this forum: Community: Creating PDFs | Adobe Community.
    Most reports involve Word 2003, but I tested Word 2016 today and had the same result. This is a major problem.

RobinMillerNJ, Aug 14, 2017
  4. Gordon7 Win User

Gordon7, Aug 14, 2017
  5. Arcadian Win User
    Well it all went in OK and seems to be much quicker so great thanks as I'd forgotten everything ! *Smile

Arcadian, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Word 2003 & Microsoft Input Converter ? - Similar Threads - Word 2003 Microsoft

2. I have missing fonts in Word 2003

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have missing fonts in Word 2003: Dear Sir,I apologise for troubling you, but I need your help.I don't know if I have the right selection below or my question has gone to the wrong place. Please help me?My computer is Windows 10 and I have recently had the computer reformatted. I have also reloaded from the...
  3. Windows Update / Word 2003

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update / Word 2003: Hi, I own Word/Office 2003. Despite Microsoft's attempts to force us into a subscription service for Word 365, Word 2003 works perfectly! with the latest Windows Version...20H2 (I believe). But Windows Update keeps trying unsuccessfully to download this KB 4601554 for Word...
  4. Word 2003 and emoji

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2003 and emoji: I still use Word 2003 to full satisfaction in my W10 Pro desktop PC. Wondering whether such a thing as an emoji font exists, I found that it exists as the font Segoe UI Emoji. Indeed, in the font listing in Word this font is present. However, when I try to use this font, only...
  5. converting documents to WORD

converting documents to WORD: By accident I recently changed my settings to convert any and all PDFs to WORD documents. So emails and other type files are being converted. How do I change it back to getting emails that have the real PDF inserted/included? Thank you....
  6. Word 2003 not running in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Word 2003 not running in Windows 10: Word 2003 installed fine in Windows 10 and worked well until yesterday when we got "This is an unregistered version" which is baloney. Was bought and paid for years ago. Do I need to re-install it or will we get the same message anyway?...
  7. Word 2003 and Word 2016 installed on same PC

Word 2003 and Word 2016 installed on same PC: I have Word 2003 and 2016 both installed on a Windows 10 PC. I used to be able to right click on either one in the task bar and get the appropriate popup context menu. Now when I right click on Word 2003 in the task bar, I get the Word 2016 popup menu. Then if I click on a...
  8. With Win10 Creators Update, Office 2003/Word 2003 Crashes

With Win10 Creators Update, Office 2003/Word 2003 Crashes: Although Office 2003 Pro was NOT supposed to work with Windows 10, it has been just fine until Windows 10 Creators Update. Now when I go to save a new document in Word 2003 in a different subdirectory from the default one, the dropdown freezes, and Word crashes with a...
  9. Office Word 2003 "Save As"

Office Word 2003 "Save As": I'm running Office 2003 in Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 7) with no visible issues. Except that when I want to save a Word document using "Save As" it prompts me for all sorts of unsuitable locations...My Music, My Pictures, My Videos, and some random programs which...
  10. Folders: converting Word Doc format files to Word 97-2003 format

Folders: converting Word Doc format files to Word 97-2003 format: Hi All, I have a question related to one I posed earlier tonight - and which may solve the problem. I have several folders which contain thousands of documents which I converted from WordPerfect to Word Document format. How would I change each of the thousands of files...