Windows 10: Word 2007 A line spacing problem

Discus and support Word 2007 A line spacing problem in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I prepared a draft letter to a government department and saved it. The draft for the most part is single line spaced. I now need to add further... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by chipwood, Oct 15, 2017.

1. chipwood Win User

Word 2007 A line spacing problem

I prepared a draft letter to a government department and saved it. The draft for the most part is single line spaced.
    I now need to add further details before the draft text, but no matter what I try, the inserted text insists on two or three line spacing.
    Can someone suggest what the cause may be and how to rectify, please?

:)

chipwood, Oct 15, 2017

2. Line spacing in word on the WP7

Not sure fugeee. I'm guessing that you imported the document and were editing. If that was the case, there had to be something in the original formatting that applied the change. I assume when you are done that you will send it back to your PC and have
    to reformat it.

I'll continue to look to see if there is something on WP7 but I can't see it.

The only thing I know is the following:

Tap Edit

To format the text, tap Format , and then do one or more of the following:

• Under Format, tap the text formatting you want to use. The text formatting options include Bold , Italic , Underline , Strikethrough , Increase , or Decrease
      font size.
    • Under Highlight, tap the color you want to use to highlight text.
    • Under Font color, tap a color to use for the text.
    • Type text you want to add.
    To stop formatting the text, tap Format , and then tap an icon for the formatting that's currently being used to turn it off.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 15, 2017
  3. fugeee Win User
    Line spacing in word on the WP7

The line spacing in word on my WP7 has been mysteriously applied. I'm editing a document which had the normal single space, but now the new text goes in as double spacing. I can't find find the settings to change it.

How do I do this?

fugeee, Oct 15, 2017
  4. DavidY Win User

Can you use 'Paste Special' to paste the new text as plain text without formatting? Or copy it to Notepad, then select it in Notepad and copy it again from there.

Or change the paragraph spacing back to single-spaced.
    Sometimes I used the keyboard short cut Ctrl-Shift-8 (use the 8 on the top row of the keyboard, NOT numeric keypad) to show Paragraph markers which look like a backwards "P". The key info is that these paragraph markers hold the format for the preceding paragraph which can help in sorting out these sorts of issues.

Another way is to paste the unformatted text (as per my first suggestion) in the wrong place - paste the text about 2 characters into the text with the correct format. Then put in carriage returns at the end of the pasted text and type in the couple of extra characters.

eg.

DavidY, Oct 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Word 2007 A line spacing problem - Similar Threads - Word 2007 line

2. Problems with emailing from Word 2007.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with emailing from Word 2007.: Hi,I have a laptop which I use for all my Word/Excel documents. It is running Windows 10 and Word/Excel 2007.I have the default mail app set to the Win10 "Mail" app.However if I try to email a document from within Word, it will fail because it actually fires up Windows Live...
  3. Problems with emailing from Word 2007.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with emailing from Word 2007.: Hi,I have a laptop which I use for all my Word/Excel documents. It is running Windows 10 and Word/Excel 2007.I have the default mail app set to the Win10 "Mail" app.However if I try to email a document from within Word, it will fail because it actually fires up Windows Live...
  4. Problems with emailing from Word 2007.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Word 2007

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word 2007: Yes, I know it's no longer supported, but I'm pretty sure that Microsoft have actively removed a facility that used to work, namely, encryption. I can no longer find the facility within Word. The only place I see it mentioned is in the Properties of the Word file, where it is...
  6. Latest update problems using Word 2007

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest update problems using Word 2007: Word 2007 unable to open or use as error message “The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect” ”Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.” This is after an update within...
  7. Word Pad line spacing questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Word Pad line spacing questions: In Windows 10 I've been making documents with pictures in them using Word Pad. In all other versions of Windows I've used, doing that method would paste the picture where I want it either by Ctrl+V or or right clicking and Paste. But in this Windows 10 version it almost...
  8. Word Pad line spacing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word Pad line spacing: How can I get the 1.0 line spacing to stay in place; it reverts to 1.5. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-pad-line-spacing/6d6a18dd-63d4-49ab-bc60-ce34ed83420d
  9. Line spacing in Word 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Line spacing in Word 10: Normal style line-spacing of 1.8 applies itself to all newly formatted documents to which I apply single-line spacing in the formatting drop-down box. Why does this happen?...
  10. Word 2007 configuration

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2007 configuration: My OS is Windows 10 and my computer is an HP Lap Top series 15. I have MS Office2007 installed and all of a sudden when I open Word it wants to go through a reconfiguration process which takes about 45 seconds. It will do it every time. To try to repair I put in the Office CD...