Windows 10: Word 2007 configuration

Discus and support Word 2007 configuration in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; My OS is Windows 10 and my computer is an HP Lap Top series 15. I have MS Office2007 installed and all of a sudden when I open Word it wants to go... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Frank1, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Frank1 Win User

Word 2007 configuration

My OS is Windows 10 and my computer is an HP Lap Top series 15. I have MS Office2007 installed and all of a sudden when I open Word it wants to go through a reconfiguration process which takes about 45 seconds. It will do it every time. To try to repair I put in the Office CD and chose the Repair option. It didn't help. It only does it with Word.

:)

Frank1, Nov 30, 2016
  2. EitanVX Win User

Office 2007 Configuration in progress

I had my windows 10 set on test mode after removing the test mode I encounter the following every time I open word document in office 2007 - configuration progress - configuring 2007 microsoft office.  How can I set up word to open without the configuration
    process?

EitanVX, Nov 30, 2016
  3. Word 2007 launches "Configuration Process" every time ?

If your Word 2007 was part of Office 2007 you can download the CD for it here (NB. this link to non-Microsoft site)

Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool

Of-course, you will need your license to reinstall it. And if you are not sure where this is use a "resource gathering" tool such as Belarc.

And another non-Microsoft link (I hope they don't mind too much)

Products: Belarc Advisor

Computerabber, Nov 30, 2016
  4. SoFine409 Win User

Word 2007 configuration

Did you recently uninstall another MS program? If so a registry entry might have been damaged. I found lots of references to this happening with a quick Google search. Have a look at this and see if it helps. Word 2007 launches every time - Microsoft Community

SoFine409, Nov 30, 2016
  5. Frank1 Win User
    Thanks for your reply. Actually I just bought this computer 2 days ago and I installed Office. I did check out the information on that link that you gave me but I am a little confused about something on it. (that's not unusual for me) It has to do with the line,"
    reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Options /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1"

I've worked with the registry before but there is apparently something that I don't know. I went to regedit and and got as far as the word,"Options" but I did not find the reminder starting with/v NoReReg. Is there something that I am not understanding? Thank you--Frank

Frank1, Nov 30, 2016
  6. SoFine409 Win User
    I went back to the post and I think what they want you to do is to add the key with the "reg add" command in the run window. However unless you are confortable doing that, and of course making a back up, you might want to disregard the advice.
    You could try uninstalling office, restarting and then reinstalling it again. That might help. As long as you have the software key it couldn't hurt.

SoFine409, Nov 30, 2016
  7. Hi:

AFAIK, MS support for Office 2007 ended quite a long while ago?
    But I guess there are still folks running it OK under Win10?

After you installed it, did you ACTIVATE it and UPDATE with (at least) all the critical and important security patches and Service Packs?

Another thought: If cost is an issue upgrading to a more current, supported version of MS Office that might be more compatible with Win10, there are several free, open-source alternatives.

MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 30, 2016
  8. Word 2007 configuration

Afterthought:

If you are going to stay with Office 2007, perhaps download the full installer "fresh" from MS, rather than using an old CD that probably lacks the Service Packs, etc.
    You'll need your key to activate it, but the downloads are here:
    Download Office 2007 | Word, Excel PowerPoint 2007
    (They're going to try to sell you Office 365, but if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, there are download links for 2007.)

MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 30, 2016
  9. Frank1 Win User
    I got it to work by un-installing and then re-install Office. It's strange but I did that before and it didn't solve the problem but it did this time. As they say, "all's well that ends well." Thanks for your feed back.

Frank1, Dec 1, 2016
  10. SoFine409 Win User
    Glad you got it sorted out. It's possible that your AV caused problems with the earlier install. Sometimes that happens. Please mark thread as solved to help others who might have a similar issue.

SoFine409, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Word 2007 configuration

1. Word 2007 configuration - Similar Threads - Word 2007 configuration

2. Recover Word 2007 Document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover Word 2007 Document: I accidentally overwrote a Word doc. I have autorecover set up, yet there are NO files in autorecover. Zip. Never have been in all the years I've used Word. I AM DESPERATE!When I try to go to and follow this path C:\Users\linda\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\ NOTHING shows...
  3. Recover Word 2007 Document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover Word 2007 Document: I accidentally overwrote a Word doc. I have autorecover set up, yet there are NO files in autorecover. Zip. Never have been in all the years I've used Word. I AM DESPERATE!When I try to go to and follow this path C:\Users\linda\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\ NOTHING shows...
  4. Recover Word 2007 Document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problems with emailing from Word 2007.

Problems with emailing from Word 2007.: Hi,I have a laptop which I use for all my Word/Excel documents. It is running Windows 10 and Word/Excel 2007.I have the default mail app set to the Win10 "Mail" app.However if I try to email a document from within Word, it will fail because it actually fires up Windows Live...
  6. Word 2007

Word 2007: Yes, I know it's no longer supported, but I'm pretty sure that Microsoft have actively removed a facility that used to work, namely, encryption. I can no longer find the facility within Word. The only place I see it mentioned is in the Properties of the Word file, where it is...
  7. Word 2007 and Excel 2007 frozen. How to uninstall

Word 2007 and Excel 2007 frozen. How to uninstall: Both Word 2007 and Excel 2007 have frozen with the an error message "The parameter is incorrect." I cannot uninstall. Route was C:\Users\Wanda\appdata\roaming\microsoft\internetexplorer\quicklaunch\userpinned\taskbar\microsoftofficeword2007.Ink I tried every...
  8. Microsoft Office Word 2007

Microsoft Office Word 2007: My laptop runs Windows 10. I regularly get updates which then result in me losing access to my Word files. I usually uninstall them and can then use my documents as usual. I tried to uninstall the recent updates but cannot do this. Spoke to someone from Microsoft who said she...
  9. outlook 2007 configuration settings

in Browsers and Email
    outlook 2007 configuration settings: Hi, This pc uses win10 pro, and outlook 2007. Recently the connection to email server failed and I'm not able to re-establish. I tried manual settings as per Setting up Microsoft Outlook 2007 to check your email - InMotion Hosting but connection to email (gmail.com) is not...
  10. Word 2007 A line spacing problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2007 A line spacing problem: I prepared a draft letter to a government department and saved it. The draft for the most part is single line spaced. I now need to add further details before the draft text, but no matter what I try, the inserted text insists on two or three line spacing. Can someone...