Windows 10: Word 2010 speak selected text limit?

Discus and support Word 2010 speak selected text limit? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I often use MS Word 2010's "speak selected text" feature to help edit portions of the text I write. The highlighted text plays back fine, but sometimes... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by gogreen, Nov 11, 2016.

1. gogreen Win User

Word 2010 speak selected text limit?

I often use MS Word 2010's "speak selected text" feature to help edit portions of the text I write. The highlighted text plays back fine, but sometimes it just stops after a few hundred words, even though I've highlighted more text. Is there a limitation to the amount of text that can be played back at a time? Is that why playback just stops? Thanks.

:)

gogreen, Nov 11, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Narrator - want it to narrate just the text I choose...

Easy way: Copy the text to Microsoft Word 2010 or later.

Using the Speak text-to-speech feature

A little harder: Install a third-party text-to-speech utility.
    Balabolka
    is one example and there are many more.

BulldogXX, Nov 11, 2016
  3. how to "select all" on word docs in WP8?

Other than to select text that you want to format or copy by tapping a word, and then drag the circles at each end to select the text you want to format or copy, I do not know of a way from my usage Sameer.

Keep in mind that Word Mobile doesn't support all the features in Microsoft Word 2010 or later. I hope over time that more feature are included in the Mobile version and hopefully that will be one.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Nov 11, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

The limit is 4096 characters, including spaces. Note that paragraph and page breaks are counted as one character included in max amount of characters. Limit is the same in Word 2010, 2013 and 2016

In English text that translates to roughly 700 to 800 words, about 1¼ to 1½ pages (default Calibri 11pt font).

Thema:

1. Word 2010 speak selected text limit? - Similar Threads - Word 2010 speak

2. Selected Text in Word Application is black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selected Text in Word Application is black.: Selected Text in Word is black. It is only happening in Word. Powerpoint, Excel and Notepad are working fine as earlier. My speech recognition is already disabled. I do not have any add-ins installed in Word. I tried the safe opening option as well. Nothing seems to work....
  3. Selected Text in Word Application is black.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selected Text in Word Application is black.: Selected Text in Word is black. It is only happening in Word. Powerpoint, Excel and Notepad are working fine as earlier. My speech recognition is already disabled. I do not have any add-ins installed in Word. I tried the safe opening option as well. Nothing seems to work....
  4. word 2010 text justify does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    word 2010 text justify does not work: does not justify text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2010-text-justify-does-not-work/4c90fc28-2799-4ed0-a4a5-16e14cc90801
  5. Word 2010

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word 2010: Word 2010 only prints in black. How do I get it to work as before with colors too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2010/8a9d6c5a-e526-4942-9159-3ec6d6d0e45f
  6. 2010 word

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2010 word: I am writing a personal accounts story of my life for family when I pass. I have placed it on thumb drives for each individual…all in all works fairly well. The problem I have, I am using word 2010, when I hit the review tab and choose final…so all formatting is hidden, I...
  7. Word Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word Starter 2010: I could not repair my Word Starter in Control Panel so I deleted it believing I could reinstall. Apparently not. What can I do /install so I can open and edit documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-starter-2010/dad4273b-c382-4951-aa28-b122d15d374d
  8. Microsoft word 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft word 2010: I ran a fix me stick in my computer! Loosed my internet Explorer and my Microsoft word 2010 and my HP printer I got back my Explorer by redown loading now how do I get back my Microsoft word? If I reinstall it will I loose all of my things on it? Also How do I do it? Rich.K...
  9. word 2010 text to speech cannot change voice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    word 2010 text to speech cannot change voice: Hello I have enabled text to speech on Windows 10 and have selected MS David desktop voice and it seems to work fine when I test it however when I use text to speech on Word 2010 the voice is always that of MS Hazel desktop and I do not seem to be able to change it. Any...
  10. Word 2010 bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Word 2010 bug: For the most part 10 has worked flawlessy on my Toshiba laptop. I had a weird issue with Firefox eating up tons of CPU power and slowing the system down, but I updated to v.40 beta and that's gone. I do still have an issue with Word 2010. Whenever I try to work on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speak selected text limitation