Windows 10: word 2010 text to speech cannot change voice

Discus and support word 2010 text to speech cannot change voice in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I have enabled text to speech on Windows 10 and have selected MS David desktop voice and it seems to work fine when I test it however when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by enrix, Feb 23, 2017.

1. enrix Win User

word 2010 text to speech cannot change voice

Hello

I have enabled text to speech on Windows 10 and have selected MS David desktop voice and it seems to work fine when I test it however when I use text to speech on Word 2010 the voice is always that of MS Hazel desktop and I do not seem to be able to change it. Any suggestion?

Many thanks,

:)

enrix, Feb 23, 2017

2. Redundant text to speech settings in Windows 10 Control Panel and Settings

Was using text-to-speech in Word 2016 on Windows 10 OS. Wanted to speed up the voice. Made changes in Settings/Time & Language/Speech/Text-to-Speech. This had no effect on voice/speed of text-to-speech in Word. Went into Control Panel/Ease of Access/Speech
    Recognition/Text to Speech and modified the voice speed there. It worked.

Can someone tell me the point/difference for the two text-to-speech settings? This is an annoying and confusing redundancy.

Jeffery Chapman, Feb 23, 2017
  3. Windows Maps Voice

You can change the voice(speech) language by going to settings>time & language>speech>text-to-speech. However this change the text-to-speech language of all the phone's app and OS.

Stranger_Hanyo, Feb 23, 2017
Thema:

word 2010 text to speech cannot change voice

1. word 2010 text to speech cannot change voice - Similar Threads - word 2010 text

2. How show curse words in speech to text?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How show curse words in speech to text?: How do you stop them from hiding curse words in speech to text? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-show-curse-words-in-speech-to-text/e83bdc32-6d5c-45e8-abe6-cde936a599c8
  3. Voice style in Text to Speech not active Clipchamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice style in Text to Speech not active Clipchamp: Clipchamps' Text to Speech works fine with one exception: I cannot activate Voice style.A "no entry" sign appears when I hover over the default General.What could be the reason?Thanks,Louis...
  4. Voice style in Text to Speech not active Clipchamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice style in Text to Speech not active Clipchamp: Clipchamps' Text to Speech works fine with one exception: I cannot activate Voice style.A "no entry" sign appears when I hover over the default General.What could be the reason?Thanks,Louis...
  5. how can you change the alert voice (text to speech) default?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can you change the alert voice (text to speech) default?: Windows Home v 20H2, OS build 19042.928 For those of us that are hard of hearing, is there a way to change the "male" default alert voice (text to speech)? 179708
  6. Text-To-Speech voices not installing properly

Text-To-Speech voices not installing properly: As part of a development project, I downloaded/installed some new TTS files: English-Australia Voices: James/Catherine, English-Great Britain Voices: George/Hazel/Susan & English-Ireland Voices: Sean. All voices worked properly after installation using the "Preview Voice"...
  7. Text to Speech Not all Voices Appearing

Text to Speech Not all Voices Appearing: I've installed several different voice packages for a variety of languages using the instruction given by Microsoft How to download Text-to-Speech languages for Windows 10 - Office Support microsoft.com All the installed voices are showing up here with their languages, but...
  8. Problem with the Text to Speech voices in Windows 10

in Cortana
    Problem with the Text to Speech voices in Windows 10: Hi, I am running a Windows 10 machine with all current updates installed. From the get go all text-to-speech voices sound very distorted and noisy, high pitched. It is by far not how the usual Windows 10 voices sound. YouTube videos play fine with good sound. Just the...
  9. marathi language text to speech and voice recognition

marathi language text to speech and voice recognition: TTS text to speech for Marathi Is it possible to use text to speech for Indian language like Marathi and can we use voice input for the same with windows voice recognition....
  10. Selected Text To Speech voice has no effect

in Windows 10 Support
    Selected Text To Speech voice has no effect: Hi! I use restream chat daily to hear the messages that viewers of my streaming type in Twitch and Youtube. It has the TTS feature activated and the voice David (English/USA) selected. Also in the Windows 10 TTS setup window I have it selected. Everything worked fine until...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change voice word 2010