Windows 10: Word 2016 is not using the up to date word document

Discus and support Word 2016 is not using the up to date word document in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Word 2016 is not using the up to date word document. When I go to save after opening up a brand new word doc. It tells me it will be updated to the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by hollyoaks777, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Word 2016 is not using the up to date word document

Word 2016 is not using the up to date word document. When I go to save after opening up a brand new word doc. It tells me it will be updated to the latest word doc. I am using Office 2016 Pro on Windows 10 64bit HP laptop. Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you in advance.

:)

hollyoaks777, Apr 13, 2017
  2. TaurArian Win User

Will Word 2003 docs be read in Word 2016?

Question: Will Word 2003 docs be read in Word 2016

Yes. Word 2016 will read Word 2003 documents.

TaurArian, Apr 13, 2017
  3. PCR Just PCR, Apr 13, 2017
  4. Word 2016 is not using the up to date word document

Hi Hollyoaks777

Just so I have it straight, when you say "opening up a brand new document" do you mean you have a blank document that you open, say on your desktop (as a shortcut), or does this happen when you click File then New.

Have you checked Options => Save to see if there is an option box to control this behavior?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 14, 2017
  5. Yes sorry I seen that on Google and it's the same as the screenshots I saw. So all should be OK. And it's not. By that I mean opening up a shortcut to word on the desktop. A brand new document. And by going file new also.

hollyoaks777, Apr 15, 2017
  6. Wish I had more. I could understand from shortcut as it could be older file type, but not from file, new.

Have you checked "App" defaults in settings. Wonder if it could influence.

I couldn't find screen shots of the Save options in Word, would think they have a way to shut off repetitive warning.

Caledon Ken, Apr 15, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    I'm reading the question as Word wanting to update itself, kinda like Office 365 needing to "call home" about once a month to check for updates. Just went through that update for a client on Friday.

Berton, Apr 15, 2017
  8. Word 2016 is not using the up to date word document

I can't find it now either. It was just a little clip of the ribbon and file tab. I don't get what you mean by applicable. Etc. it's a full version of Office 2016 pro. And I just placed shortcuts to the one's i more use on the desktop. Word is the only one that seems to be doing it.

Here it is [Fix] Microsoft Word Always Shows Text in Titlebar - AskVG I am a bit scared of altering the registry. Especially when I shouldn't have to with Office 2016 pro installation. Method 1 everything mentioned was all OK.

hollyoaks777, Apr 15, 2017
  9. It sounds like you're talking about save version of the doc and not the version of Office itself. LIke the shortcut you have saved is 2013 or older (.doc), and it wants to save to 2016 (.docx). What does it say when you right click, and check properties? Can you "save as", and make sure it's .docx, and create another shortcut? Does it still say the same thing?

Bobby Phoenix, Apr 15, 2017
  10. Talking about both as I can't open a brand new office blank office document without it being in compatibility mode. I only get it upgraded to the latest when I go to save, I get the usual message that it will be upgraded to the latest document. And this is from a brand new clean install of Windows. New shortcut is the exact same I have tried an online repair, but no joy. It used to be ok, but now it's not, I made a template there and it was fine.

Word 2016 is not using the up to date word document [​IMG]

[Fix] Microsoft Word Always Shows Text in Titlebar - AskVG

Method 2 worked for me I just renamed it. Would it be ok to delete it?

hollyoaks777, Apr 16, 2017
  11. Berton Win User
    Is it just me or is there a problem with Word where it can't deal with a Shortcut? I asked that based upon the number of times Shortcut is mentioned. A Shortcut is only a pointer to the actual file involved.

Berton, Apr 16, 2017
  12. Correct But I don't have a clue what's happened with it as it used to work only about 2 weeks ago it was fine. Now I have to rename as I didn't delete, as I am scared to mess about with things. You'd think an online fix would sort it out. I had to enter my serial number again for my office product again. I am going to look at the properties of that file and post them on here if safe/private enough to do so then it's off to bed for me.

should a shortcut be macro enabled?

13. Berton Win User

Word 2016 is not using the up to date word document

Berton, Apr 16, 2017
  14. How do I get the warning sound back. Like if you go to close a document. And you haven't saved what you have done. You get the warning sound along with the text do you want to save what you have done.

15. I don't think so. Here's what a shortcut for mine looks like.

Bobby Phoenix, Apr 16, 2017
Thema:

Word 2016 is not using the up to date word document

1. Word 2016 is not using the up to date word document - Similar Threads - Word 2016 using

2. word document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    word document: My word document isnt opening up on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-document/8a0d49a1-2a9b-4d81-b0ab-2d0b28a561bd
  3. Word Document Creation Date Changing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word Document Creation Date Changing: Hello, My OS is Windows 10 and my concern has to do with Word.When I access a previous Word document and edit the document, the creation date of the document gets updated to the date I accessed the document.For example, I created my document on August 11, 2022. I accessed it...
  4. Word Document Creation Date Changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word Document Creation Date Changing: Hello, My OS is Windows 10 and my concern has to do with Word.When I access a previous Word document and edit the document, the creation date of the document gets updated to the date I accessed the document.For example, I created my document on August 11, 2022. I accessed it...
  5. Word Document Creation Date Changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Word Documents

Word Documents: Hi There, I hope someone in the Community has an answer , the other day while saving a Document to a drive i noticed that all the files now had the % percent sign in between every word of the file name ?Is this a virus , or is it corruption of word?Appreciate any help/advice...
  7. Word Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word Documents: Hi There, I hope someone in the Community has an answer , the other day while saving a Document to a drive i noticed that all the files now had the % percent sign in between every word of the file name ?Is this a virus , or is it corruption of word?Appreciate any help/advice...
  8. Word document

in Windows 10 Support
    Word document: I typed a letter using Word. When I went to documents to open this letter to print Microsoft word kept opening a window telling me to sign into my micrisoft acct and either use for free for a month or pay. Why can't I access any documents, is there a way around this, it never...
  9. Word 2016

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Word 2016: I am unable to open home page I have reinstalled the product but I still cannot open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2016/1534d006-b45d-41a6-85c6-cb5274dcc1f4"
  10. Putting date in footer of a word document

Putting date in footer of a word document: How do I put the current date print out in the footer of a word document. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/putting-date-in-footer-of-a-word-document/636988e0-33bc-443d-a69d-87bf9e41456d"