Windows 10: Word 2016 Pasting problem

Discus and support Word 2016 Pasting problem in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Ken, did as you suggested , all options are as yours. Not running BitDefender , again all my options are as yours, but changing the internet option... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018.

1. AndreTen Win User

Word 2016 Pasting problem

Great *Thumbs glad it worked!

AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Bowlsys Win User

I am running Office 365 Version 1708 Build 8431.2242 and am having a problem pasting pictures into a Word document, the text pastes OK. The source of the pictures/text is a web page (Mozilla Firefox).
    The strange thing is if I paste the text and pictures into a new Outlook message, this works. If I then try pasting
    the text/pictures into a Word document it works!
    Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Bowlsys, Apr 18, 2018
  3. TeddyKT Win User
    Copy/Paste between Office 2016 apps broken

Running Windows 10 pro Build 15063.205 and Office 2016 latest build. I have always, in the past, before build 15063.138 been able to select a group of cells in excel copy with Ctrl C and paste into an outlook mail with Ctrl V.

After the update to build 15063.138 it is no longer possible to copy/paste between Office 2016 apps. i.e. Excel to Outlook, Excel to Word etc.. There is no problem doing a copy/paste inside a single app i.e. Excel/excel, word/word, outlook/outlook.

When trying to copy/paste between Excel to Outlook or Word, I get a dialog box informing there was a problem and the app will be closed. Also states if there is resolution to the problem I will be informed.

Done a repair of office; not resolved.

Windows Insider team acknowledges the report of the issue. I have read other post for the same problem on the insiders hub.

Anybody have suggestion other than do an Office repair?

News Flash!!!! been on phone with Office support for a while. The problem is with Last Office update. They are escalating the issue.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

TeddyKT, Apr 18, 2018
  4. Word 2016 Pasting problem

Windows 10 Copy & Paste--Is there a fix or patch to restore this capability?

On 5/25/16, I spoke with Microsoft technicians and advised them that copy/paste only works on my Windows 10 after a complete shut down and start up. I was advised to do this every time. I said no, need a permanent fix, so the technician uninstalled and reinstalled
    Windows 10 on my system, checked and optimized my system assuring it was virus-free. Copy/paste worked for awhile, then stopped. Still have the problem.

After clicking the 3 dots in the upper right corner and selecting Open with Internet Explorer, I have tried to:

--paste a print screen (copied from the internet) into Office Professional Plus 2016 Word document--failed with both right click+paste and control+c and control+v. Took a print screen of this question,
    was successful in pasting it into an Office Professional Plus 2016 Word document.

--copy a url from Office Professional Plus 2016 Outlook paste into my browser--failed with both right click+paste and control+c and control+v

--copy text from within this very box and paste it right here--failed with both right click+paste and control+c and control+v

--copy text from within this very box and paste it into a Notepad document--failed with both right click+paste and control+c and control+v

--copy text from a Notepad document and paste it here--failed with both right click+paste and control+c and control+v.

--copy text from a website and paste it here--failed with both right click+paste and control+c and control+v

--copy text from a Office Professional Plus 2016 Word document into here--failed with both right click+paste and control+c and control+v

Hello, Houston, we have a problem! Any ETA on the fix?

Deborah and perplexed, Apr 18, 2018
  5. Hi Bowlsys.

I would open Word, File, Options, Advanced, Cut, copy and paste section, Pasting from Other Programs.

I'll bet when you post into Outlook some formatting changes which allows it to be pasted in Office. Might try changing option to Merge Formatting.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 18, 2018
  6. Bowlsys Win User
    Thanks for your reply Ken, have tried your suggestion but still failing

Bowlsys, Apr 18, 2018
  7. Hmmm.

Okay if you copy some text, then go to word. Click on Paste arrow (Just below word Paste), one option should be Paste Special. Mine comes up HTML format.

What does your say?

Have you tried with AV disabled?

8. Word 2016 Pasting problem

Any chance you are BitDefender or Windows Controlled Folder Access ?

9. AndreTen Win User
    What settings do you have under Options /Advance / Copy and paste section? Here are mine, check yours, if there is something strange..

Word 2016 Pasting problem [​IMG]

AndreTen, Apr 18, 2018
  10. AndreTen Win User
    Check out this thread at superuser… Could be about security level in internet options. Strange, but who knows…

Edit: and here is another interesting site about graphics from web: wordfaqs.ssbarn | InvisibleGraphics

AndreTen, Apr 18, 2018
  11. Bowlsys Win User
    Ken, did as you suggested , all options are as yours. Not running BitDefender
    AndreTen , again all my options are as yours, but changing the internet option worked! , many thanks

Bowlsys, Apr 18, 2018
Thema:

Word 2016 Pasting problem

1. Word 2016 Pasting problem - Similar Threads - Word 2016 Pasting

2. Pasting in Word Pad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pasting in Word Pad: Hi. I copied and pasted a top and bottom border onto a Word Pad document but I can't type in the space between. Can it be done and how? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pasting-in-word-pad/c050c63e-9618-4fb3-9418-7c72e91459ba
  3. Outlook & Word 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook & Word 2016: The last week or there abouts when I receive an email message in outlook it seems to play the default sound rather than the one I’ve assigned. The sounds ‘Desktop mail notification’ and ‘New Mail Notification’ were set back to default in control panel – sounds. So, I set them...
  4. Dictate Word 2016.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dictate Word 2016.: Is there a program called dictate that I can download and use with Word 2016. If so where can I go to download it? Thank you in advance. Mike *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. Microsoft Word 2016 Printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Word 2016 Printing: Microsoft Word 2016 closes when I try to print. All available updates have been installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-word-2016-printing/141b5ac4-ec99-4cb0-aab8-ec8e87a3fdc3
  6. Word 2016

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Word 2016: I am unable to open home page I have reinstalled the product but I still cannot open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2016/1534d006-b45d-41a6-85c6-cb5274dcc1f4"
  7. dictation in MS Word 2016

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dictation in MS Word 2016: MS Word does not activate mic when I click on mic icon. mic does work thru Cortana but not through Word icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictation-in-ms-word-2016/5aafd46b-65b9-4cde-9268-03bcbd2abb87
  8. word 2016 dissappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word 2016 dissappeared: I purchased word 2016 in 2016 and used it quite often to create quite a few documents and without notice or any action from me it disappeared along with my documents, how do I get it back?...
  9. Tab not working in Word 2016

Tab not working in Word 2016: If I enter a font type in Word 2016 and press Tab, it doesn't jump to font size, like it used to. Anyone else has the same problem? 42811
  10. Cutting and pasting in word

Cutting and pasting in word: When I cut text in word it is not there when I want to paste it. I can copy and paste but then need to go back and delete the text I've just copied. I've had windows 10 since April and I'm sure I've been able to do it before but I can't today. I've gone through the advanced...