Windows 10: Word and Powerpoint missing in New Context Menu Win10

Discus and support Word and Powerpoint missing in New Context Menu Win10 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, I'm new in this forum and seeking for some help (before doing something wrong) I am running Windows 10 Home and tryning to add to the context... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by bea9ar, Dec 10, 2016.

1. bea9ar Win User

Word and Powerpoint missing in New Context Menu Win10

Hi, I'm new in this forum and seeking for some help (before doing something wrong)
    I am running Windows 10 Home and tryning to add to the context menu: Powerpoint and Word, which are not available (have installed MSOffice 2013).
    Read somewhere that need to adjust regedit file, but I want to be sure what exactly need to do and how.
    Thank you for any help in advance, would be be very much appreciated.

:)

bea9ar, Dec 10, 2016

2. i no longer have the option New in right click so cannot create new folders

I asked Google for you like so:

new option missing from context menu

and it pointed me immediately to this detailed guide:

Restore missing NEW context menu item in Explorer

Frederik Long, Dec 10, 2016
  3. I want to know how to create a new microsoft office

I want to know how to create a new MS word,excel or powerpoint in GT-B7320 windoesmobile 6.1 ,when i open the office icon then MS word,powerpoint ,notes or excel the menu doesn't have any choise called new
    what should i do from the beginning ??????????

sarah khafaga, Dec 10, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, have you looked to see what's available with right click, Open With?

That's where I'd expect to see those listed, assuming they are your defaults for the file extension of the file you right clicked.

So have you made sure these programs are set as your defaults for all extensions they handle?

If so, you should not need to do anything technically hard.

Note: there are plenty of tools (free and commercial) for editing context menu entries. That's far safer than fiddling around in the registry for this.

dalchina, Dec 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Word and Powerpoint missing in New Context Menu Win10 - Similar Threads - Word Powerpoint missing

2. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  3. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  4. Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing from the right click new menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing from the right click new menu: HelloThe problem is that when I right click on the desktop to show the new menu, Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing. The other Office programs are there. But the most interesting thing is that when I right-click Office in the start menu, the missing programs show up as...
  5. Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing from the right click new menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing from the right click new menu: HelloThe problem is that when I right click on the desktop to show the new menu, Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing. The other Office programs are there. But the most interesting thing is that when I right-click Office in the start menu, the missing programs show up as...
  6. Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing from the right click new menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu: I am using the latest updated version of Windows 10 x64 Home OEM 21H2, and the "New Contact" item has vanished from the context menu. The only way I can create a new contact is to copy an existing one, rename it, and edit it appropriately. How can I remedy this situation?...
  8. New Word and PowerPoint Document is not visible in context menu!Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Word and PowerPoint Document is not visible in context menu!Help!: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/5d6dtyvdr6361.png?width=303&format=png&auto=webp&s=116d8d6c7cee5afeaea814593eb8fa0ddeebc856 submitted by /u/TechieNikhil [link] [comments]...
  9. Word Context Menu Item Missing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word Context Menu Item Missing: Hello I am having a problem related to the above topic. My menu entry for the Word Document is missing from the context menu. The registry key is there, but the menu entry is not. I am using the Office 365 x64 version. [img] I already wrote here but did not arrive at a...
  10. New context menu - missing new excel worksheet?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    New context menu - missing new excel worksheet?: Hi, after upgrading to new version of office (from 2013 to 2016) i have no new excel worksheet in new(folder) of context menu. Could please somebody help me out on this? I followed Shaun s tutorial for removing and reinstating New context menu...