Windows 10: WORD - changing background color

Discus and support WORD - changing background color in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Is it possible to change the background color in Word? Not the color of the document itself but the color of the screen that surrounds it. I seem to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by zalman, Dec 4, 2016.

1. zalman Win User

WORD - changing background color

Is it possible to change the background color in Word? Not the color of the document itself but the color of the screen that surrounds it. I seem to recall this was possible in Word 2010, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this -- if at all -- in Word 2016.

:)

zalman, Dec 4, 2016
  2. saveva Win User

Background colour of applications, under Windows 10 I haven't been able to find this function

don't doubt yourself, you made the right decision moving to windows 10, stick with it.

are you asking how to change the background color just for word?

this you can do not in windows settings but in word itself.

design --> page background --> page color

(for me it doesn't print the background color, just color for screen)

(I have office 365 not sure what version you're on)

Pale orange? I recommend robins egg blue my RGB 189, 216, 244

saveva, Dec 4, 2016
  3. ceemart27 Win User
    Can I change the background color of website page and the letters?

Have you heard of Irlen? I have trouble reading the words on a laptop. Is there anyway to change the background color to an article I'm trying to read? And maybe a way to change the color or the letters? Without copying the page and pasting it into word.
    lol Thank you everyone!!! Chris

ceemart27, Dec 4, 2016
  4. KendraCB Win User

I don't know what you mean by screen, but there is an icon of a bucket pouring paint that will color the background of the area you highlight only, whether the line or the paragraph etc. It's next to the line & paragraph spacing on the Home tab.

KendraCB, Dec 4, 2016
  5. Are you talking about the "theme" for Word (and other Office 2016 applications)?

If so, yes, they have simplified and reduced options, compared to older versions of Office, just like they also got rid of Aero in Win10.
    It takes some getting used to.

If so, perhaps this article will help:

Change the look and feel of Office 2016 for Windows with Office themes

HTH,

MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 4, 2016
  6. zalman Win User
    Thanks Kendra but the bucket setting only applies to the document. Turns out that what I was looking for was in "Office Themes" but MS only has limited options so I guess I'll stick with what Windows 10 gave me.

zalman, Dec 4, 2016
  7. zalman Win User

zalman, Dec 4, 2016
  8. WORD - changing background color

Sorry I could not help.
    Yep, every time I switch to my other computer with Win7 and Office 2010, I am reminded about the parts of Office 2016 that I do not like. (I have always used the dark gray theme for MS Office. Easy on the eyes...)

Office 2016 takes getting used to, for sure.
    (And there are some bits that are "better". So it's a trade-off.)

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WORD - changing background color - Similar Threads - WORD changing background

2. Change Folder Background colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Folder Background colors: How do I change the 'Folder Background colors' to something other than bright white?Very irritating to eyes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-folder-background-colors/b42adbd7-01cc-4b17-b5df-727d9e3ceba7
  3. How to change background color

How to change background color: After an update my monitor screen background is black. Please, how do I get it back to blue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-background-color/5a9318c0-ed33-42e3-afe9-a51694422db2
  4. background color change on email

background color change on email: this is a question about changing the background screen. I was able to change my Samsung computer main background but my email and others are black. How do I change the background color on my email and other applications? thanks in advance...
  5. Change of Notepad Background Color

Change of Notepad Background Color: How do I change my Notepad Color in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-of-notepad-background-color/7c5c2ed0-74ec-4b0e-b2d8-b506cacf220f
  6. changing background colors

in Browsers and Email
    changing background colors: I tried to introduce myself in the introductions thread but it was closed. My name is Bev, been here a while but never posted but I need some help. I redid windown 10 on Sunday but can't seem to get the black color off chrome start page. I know it's something with...
  7. Toolbar background color change

Toolbar background color change: My toolbar background color has changed to a sick shade of pink color. This color is also the background in other programs. I have no idea of what changed it or how it came about. Can this color be customized/changed back to the default? 43840
  8. Changing background color of taskbar

Changing background color of taskbar: New windows 10 installation; background color of taskbar is ugly black, and can't figure out how to change it. Any suggestions? 22356
  9. Hypelink Color Change in Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hypelink Color Change in Word: I have a file which contains many hyperlinks and some colored text but to make all text appear same color i select every thing by Ctrl +A and change the font color to automatic.Now all hyperlink are also appearing black and its very difficult to tell if its a hyperlink or not...
  10. Hypelink Color Change in Word

in Windows 10 Support
    Hypelink Color Change in Word: I have a file which contains many hyperlinks and some colored text but to make all text appear same color i select every thing by Ctrl +A and change the font color to automatic.Now all hyperlink are also appearing black and its very difficult to tell if its a hyperlink or not...