Windows 10: Word Documenent Going to Documents Folder Rather Than Desktop ?

Discus and support Word Documenent Going to Documents Folder Rather Than Desktop ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Always something new, I guess. I create a simple document in Word. Tell Windows10 to put it on the desktop. But, lately, it seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Robert11 Win User

Word Documenent Going to Documents Folder Rather Than Desktop ?

Hello,

Always something new, I guess.

I create a simple document in Word.
    Tell Windows10 to put it on the desktop.

But, lately, it seems to always throw it into the Documents Folder instead.

Why ?

How can i get it to put it where I select, and want, the Desktop ?

(I definitely select the Desktop before doing the Save-As)

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Mar 29, 2017

2. Default folder when opening Word and other apps

When I open Word in Windows 10 it defaults to This Computer and OneDrive. I have to go out of my way to click on the C> drive, then on Users, then on my initials, and then on Documents to get to my documents folder on the C; drive rather than on OneDrive.
    How do I simplify this?

Ross McCluney, Mar 29, 2017
  3. DavidABCD Win User
    Documents Folder Target OneDrive rather than local

Everything says "This PC (CWord Documenent Going to Documents Folder Rather Than Desktop ? :)"

I have no ability to make any other changes.

The strange thing is that the path is correct (i.e. saves to local drive) under Libraries, but Documents is targeted to OneDrive under This PC.

DavidABCD, Mar 29, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

5. Berton Win User
    Several older versions of Windows insisted upon saving everything to the Desktop but as suggested the Default for later versions has been the Documents Folder under Users, USERNAME. You can change that setting in later versions to a Folder of your choice, and Yes, the Desktop is a Folder itself when looking at the hierarchy in File Explorer.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Word Documenent Going to Documents Folder Rather Than Desktop ? - Similar Threads - Word Documenent Going

2. driver unavailable, saves to PDF rather than print document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver unavailable, saves to PDF rather than print document: Help please. Just recently with my HP envy pro documents don't print. Solution tells me driver unavailable where do I get a driver? I switched out to my old printer a Canon and same message , driver unavailable. I was however able to print a document from my phone to printer...
  3. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Word documents to desktop: I am returning to using Microsoft Windows and have questions about saving word documents. Since more than a few people use Word for writing, private reports, music and other things of a personal nature or in need of protection, why is saving to the cloud the preferred method...
  4. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving Word documents to desktop: I am returning to using Microsoft Windows and have questions about saving word documents. Since more than a few people use Word for writing, private reports, music and other things of a personal nature or in need of protection, why is saving to the cloud the preferred method...
  5. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Documents Folder Target OneDrive rather than local

Documents Folder Target OneDrive rather than local: I am setting up a new computer. After installing Office 365 Documents and Pictures folders under This PC changed from being directed to C:\Users\"my name" to C:\Users\"my name"\OneDrive. If make Libraries visible and look there both these Documents folders are shown under...
  7. Documents Folder Target OneDrive rather than local

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents Folder Target OneDrive rather than local: I am setting up a new computer. After installing Office 365 Documents and Pictures folders under This PC changed from being directed to C:\Users\"my name" to C:\Users\"my name"\OneDrive. If make Libraries visible and look there both these Documents folders are shown under...
  8. Can word processor documents be sent to desktop vs Documents folder

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can word processor documents be sent to desktop vs Documents folder: Using Win 10 on Dell desktop PC Is there a way for documents in Microsoft WordPad and other word processors to be saved to my desktop directly rather than the default which is to Documents? 163438
  9. wordpad has taken over and opens word docs rather than word.

wordpad has taken over and opens word docs rather than word.: wordpad opens word docs rather then word. how to block word pad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/wordpad-has-taken-over-and-opens-word-docs-rather/f0c9de61-8bae-4762-a26b-eeb57c48e071
  10. Desktop Showing Live Tiles Rather Than Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Showing Live Tiles Rather Than Desktop Icons: For some reason all of a sudden my computer is showing the Windows "Live Tiles" rather than the desktop icons that had been showing. How do I get things back to the way it was? 61443