Windows 10: Word document automatically loads at start up.

Discus and support Word document automatically loads at start up. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Thanks, that's done the trick. *Smile Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by pete39, Apr 5, 2018.

1. pete39 Win User

Word document automatically loads at start up.

Thanks, that's done the trick. *Smile

pete39, Apr 5, 2018
  2. pete39 Win User

Every time I start my laptop the same Word document automatically loads on the desktop.

I have uninstalled all of Microsoft Office/Word hoping that would do the trick, sadly it did not because now when I reboot the same document loads, but this time in Wordpad.

Also the spell check doesn't work in Word and Wordpad anymore.

Specs: Windows 10, Microsoft Word 2010. Virus and Malware checks reveal nothing out of the ordinary. Disk check done.
    Word has not been reinstalled yet.

Any ideas please how I can fix this Word document automatically loading at start up?

:)

pete39, Apr 16, 2018
  3. How to open Word doc with startup

How can I set a certain Word document to open automatically when I start up Windows 10?

NadineDannhauser, Apr 16, 2018
  4. Word document automatically loads at start up.

Virtual desktops

You must remember that a single copy of Word is loaded and that one copy handles every document you open. The only way to get a document onto a different virtual desktop would be to start a second copy of Word.

Alan Russell, Apr 16, 2018
  5. cereberus Win User
    Settings, accounts, signin options. Turn off switch that uses signin info to finish setting up pc.

cereberus, Apr 16, 2018
Thema:

Word document automatically loads at start up.

1. Word document automatically loads at start up. - Similar Threads - Word document automatically

2. word document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    word document: My word document isnt opening up on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-document/8a0d49a1-2a9b-4d81-b0ab-2d0b28a561bd
  3. Word Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word Documents: Hi There, I hope someone in the Community has an answer , the other day while saving a Document to a drive i noticed that all the files now had the % percent sign in between every word of the file name ?Is this a virus , or is it corruption of word?Appreciate any help/advice...
  4. Word Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word Documents: Hi There, I hope someone in the Community has an answer , the other day while saving a Document to a drive i noticed that all the files now had the % percent sign in between every word of the file name ?Is this a virus , or is it corruption of word?Appreciate any help/advice...
  5. Word starts automatically when Windows 10 loads.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word starts automatically when Windows 10 loads.: About 3 weeks ago, Office automatically uploads and MS Word starts when Windows 10 loads. I've tried following; Click Start, type File Explorer, and then press Enter. On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View tab....
  6. how to stop a blank Word document from opening at start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to stop a blank Word document from opening at start up: how to stop a blank Word document from opening at start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-a-blank-word-document-from-opening-at/0e825627-1950-47d0-a38d-6de0d35ba5ec
  7. Word launches automatically after Windows 10 starts up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word launches automatically after Windows 10 starts up: After the computer boots up, Word launches automatically with 4 or more new word documents opening up. Searched internet and MS but found old fixes that did not work with my version of Windows 10. Windows 10 Home Version 1909 OS Build 18363.720 I was able to correct the...
  8. WORD documents showing up as WordPad

in Windows 10 Customization
    WORD documents showing up as WordPad: I am opening Word Documents and they are coming up as WordPad which I don't want. How do I bring them up as WORD and save them as WORD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-documents-showing-up-as-wordpad/1e6bba33-4e2b-4672-898f-b45f78324381
  9. Word starting up automatically when computer starts up ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word starting up automatically when computer starts up ?: Hi I was using word yesterday and suddenly today when I start the computer it opens Word and multiple blank documents appear on screen. I have been following a recent group discussion and cant get it to stop. Any ideas ? Chris Craig...
  10. Word 2016 is not using the up to date word document

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2016 is not using the up to date word document: Word 2016 is not using the up to date word document. When I go to save after opening up a brand new word doc. It tells me it will be updated to the latest word doc. I am using Office 2016 Pro on Windows 10 64bit HP laptop. Any advice would be welcome. Thank you in advance....