Windows 10: Word document doesn't open directly in Windows 10

Discus and support Word document doesn't open directly in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello: Recently, after Windows 10's latest upgrade, I haven't been able to open word documents directly. What I get when I click onto a file is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wordcrafter, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Wordcrafter Win User

Word document doesn't open directly in Windows 10

Hello:

Recently, after Windows 10's latest upgrade, I haven't been able to open word documents directly. What I get when I click onto a file is a blank word screen. I now have to go through word itself, find the file and open it up. How can I get Windows 10 to open files anywhere as it had before? Is there a way to get Windows 10 to open my document files directly again? If this is, in fact, an update problem, how can I delete the update. I've tried everything I can think of. Help!

----

:)

Wordcrafter, Aug 4, 2018
  2. wayne_9901 Win User

Word and Excel documents are slow to open in Windows 10

Have the same problem, here are my conditions:

- Windows 10 Professional x64.

- Office 2007 Ultimate.

- Opening Word and Excel documents is slow when Word/Excel not currently open/running.

- Opening the Word/Excel document with Word/Excel already open is fast/normal.

Solution is the same as reported:

1) Disable Cortana.

2) Restart Windows.

Step 2 is very important.

wayne_9901, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Spencer W. Sullivan Win User
    Opening Word documents after upgrade to Windows 10

Upgraded to Windows 10 without issue but cannot open Word documents attached to mails. Any suggestions?

Spencer W. Sullivan, Aug 4, 2018
  4. SheenaRead Win User

Opening a Word Document

Thank you for replying. The first line of my post did say

• "I need to open a Word Document on a government website to complete a form."

SheenaRead, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Word document doesn't open directly in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Word document doesn't

2. Delted word Document and can't recover because it doesn't appear in recover documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delted word Document and can't recover because it doesn't appear in recover documents: So basically I was in class and was taking notes and writing my final. I have the tendency to just close my computer without saving things, so when I opened it back up I noticed my file wasn't saved and went through the process of trying to recover it, but there was nothing...
  3. Printing word documents

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing word documents: My printer is not printing Word documents (missing lines and no text) yet will print anything not in Word format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printing-word-documents/755c1b7a-b895-4c16-8586-7eea3423e723
  4. Word document doesn't open directly in Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word document doesn't open directly in Windows 10: Hello: Recently, after Windows 10's latest upgrade, I haven't been able to open word documents directly. What I get when I click onto a file is a blank word screen. I now have to go through word itself, find the file and open it up. How can I get Windows 10 to open files...
  5. When I open MS Word documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I open MS Word documents: When I now open MS Word documents I find they are all encrypted. How do I get the documents to display normally? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/when-i-open-ms-word-documents/41b7d182-4393-4b85-a9cf-db993c031280
  6. can not open word document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not open word document: I just upgraded office 2007 to office 2016. On all of my fils that I made with my older version can be opened with 2016. But if I create a new document with Word 2016 and save it, when I try to open it a message pops up telling me that this is valid only with installed...
  7. Directly add photo in documents

Directly add photo in documents: Hi guys, I'm a technician that goes out in other factories to checkand report how is the situation. I walk in that factories, check the thing, make photo and make a report at the end. From first time untill 2 years ago I took photos with compact camera, report...
  8. word documents saved as wordpad documents

word documents saved as wordpad documents: I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents. How do I...
  9. Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead as a WordPad document

Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead as a WordPad document: Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead of as a WordPad document [img] [img] I'm setting up a new Dell Inspiron 15 (x64) laptop. Windows 10 Home (x64). And want to have WordPad to open as a WordPad document. --- The top of the document shows Word...
  10. Word document opens in gibberish

Word document opens in gibberish: I am using Word 2007. A few of the documents I transferred from my old computer have opened in gibberish e.g Code: ãªh–8mÆBÍ× RCq,cÊ[Q·$‡'“JQ½˜ÞžéfÞU’PÄaèzÕy›;ˆ•Ô ÇÍÞ*{Ñ» *Uˆn[1]Æx*ÇÍj[/quote] The method recommended by Msoft...