Windows 10: word documents saved as wordpad documents

Discus and support word documents saved as wordpad documents in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by desertbronze, Dec 9, 2015.

1. word documents saved as wordpad documents

I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents.

How do I correct this? I want the save as Word documents, as I did in the past.

Thank you.

:)

desertbronze, Dec 9, 2015

2. WORDPAD

Why are my WORDPAD documents being saved as WORD documents? I do not have an OFFICE subscription.

Jo AnnWood, Dec 9, 2015
  3. Convert Note Pad Document to Windows 10 document

If you want to open a Notepad text file in Word or WordPad, launch either Word or WordPad then open the text file, then save it as a Word document or RTF file.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 9, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

word documents saved as wordpad documents

In Word try the file tab > Options >Save. You should be able to change to a default of .docx .

JohnC, Dec 9, 2015
  5. WHS
    whs Win User
    Use 'Save as' and choose from the list of options.

word documents saved as wordpad documents [​IMG]

Thema:

word documents saved as wordpad documents

1. word documents saved as wordpad documents - Similar Threads - word documents saved

2. Wordpad document lost not saved.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wordpad document lost not saved.: I was working on a project on Microsoft WordPad. At no point did I save this project. My computer crashed due to problems with the battery and then Windows 10 updated. This closed my WordPad document and I cant recover the file. I've tried searching for the .tmp but it's all...
  3. Trying to save a Word document to my laptop but it opens in Wordpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to save a Word document to my laptop but it opens in Wordpad: I have the same problem trying to save my Word documents to my desktop, and when I open them they open in wordpad which destroys my formatting. How can i save and open my documents in word on my pc? I have tried the open with option but there is no alternate choice and Word...
  4. Wordpad/Microsoft Word Documents

Wordpad/Microsoft Word Documents: I have recently updated my windows 10 and I tried to open Wordpad, I get a popup saying "Unable to create new document" And when I look under the Wordpad arrows for my saved documents the icon is missing and if I try to open one it says "The item selected is unavailable. It...
  5. Opening Wordpad document in Word

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Opening Wordpad document in Word: Hi team. What would happen if I wrote a text in Wordpad and then opened it in Word? Would it mess up everything? Also, does anyone know whether a free Word Programme is included in Windows? I was going to pay to renew my subscription, but realised I already have access to...
  6. Saving Word Documents

Saving Word Documents: How can I save a word document as a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-word-documents/93d7a253-ae4d-4ac4-90f1-3923058007b6"
  7. Wordpad documents being saved to Word

Wordpad documents being saved to Word: Whenever I save a document in Wordpad, it gets saved to Word. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-documents-being-saved-to-word/b382d304-cf64-43db-9d0b-11d89bfa27e9"
  8. Save a document in WordPad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Save a document in WordPad: WordPad will NOT let me save a document....I keep getting a message saying the name is not valid no matter what I try to name it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-a-document-in-wordpad/3ec3e6d2-8a72-40eb-8e04-f214344ca462
  9. Word documents changed to wordpad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word documents changed to wordpad: I just did a system update and now my word documents have been changed to wordpad. Why, on earth did this happen and how do I reverse this without having to change every file independently?...
  10. saving a landscape document in wordpad

saving a landscape document in wordpad: I save a landscape document in wordpad just fine but when I re-open it later it opens in portrait - how can i fix this ?? thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-a-landscape-document-in-wordpad/3b54aa40-32cd-4dc0-8e9c-0ac0d3a81c71"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why windows 10 saves wordpad document to word