Windows 10: Word Not in Microsoft Office Folder

Discus and support Word Not in Microsoft Office Folder in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, I'm running Windows 10 64-bit and noticed one day when opening my start menu to open up word that in the programs list (now called "all apps"... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Navarro313, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Word Not in Microsoft Office Folder

Hello,

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit and noticed one day when opening my start menu to open up word that in the programs list (now called "all apps" for some reason) the launcher for Microsoft Office 2013 Word wasn't in the folder labeled "Microsoft Office" but rather, it was under the "W" section as its own program. I went into the file location, and all the applications are in a folder there, but for some reason in the start menu, it's not in the Microsoft Folder. This bugs me, and I can't find any way to edit the start menu's folders/programs etc. in Windows 10. Before I continue, I must say that I'm a little biased toward the older versions of Windows, and am rather dissatisfied with the way Microsoft is heading. That said, does anyone know how to fix this? I can't just drag it into a folder, and I can't find any "manage start menu" buttons or options anywhere! Please help me!

:)

Navarro313, Dec 5, 2015
  2. Sophie707 Win User

Controlled folder access doesn't work in Fall Creator's update. Why?

For some apps (eg OpenOffice) you have to allow a .bin file

You have given your Windows version, not your Office version. To see your Office version, open Word > File > Account > About Office.

But the problem is not the Office version, the problem is Controlled Folder Access.

I don't have "About Office" - it shows "About Word" - which shows:

Microsoft Word 2016 MSO (16.0.8528.2126) 32-bit

Sophie707, Dec 5, 2015
  3. UZL
    UZl Win User
    Cannot pin Outlook to Taskbar in Windows 10

This is finally the answer. It also works for the other office programs like Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.

Since there are several Microsoft Office folders, this answer guides to the right one and is well appreciated!

4. Dude Win User

Word Not in Microsoft Office Folder

You could pin them to your start menu

Dude, Dec 5, 2015
  5. Rocky Win User
    Just right click on Word and pin it to start.

Rocky, Dec 5, 2015
  6. Although this is do-able and works, I find it frustrating that it's not where it should be. I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I'd rather it be where it should be rather than simply developing a work-around. If anyone can find out how to fix the actual problem rather than find a way to deal with the problem, I'd appreciate that.

"A smart man knows a bandage only hides his wounds" -Anonymous

Navarro313, Dec 6, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    Do you think uninstall MS Office 2013> reinstall will solve the problem ?

davidhk, Dec 6, 2015
  8. Sven1458 Win User

Strange,
    I have a folder named Microsoft Office 2013 and when I open the folder it shows all the programs that come with office 2013.
    when you installed office, did you specify a folder that you want it installed in?
    that might explain it
    Sven

Sven1458, Dec 6, 2015
  9. I had not considered that. However, Microsoft Office 2013 uses an online download method for purchasing their software for purposes of copy protection. Basically you have to get it from the internet, not a CD/DVD like older versions. Although this is possible, my main concern is that all of my saved documents that are Microsoft Office Word documents will somehow be affected, and I don't have the time, nor the capabilities to back up the immense amount of data saved on my computer. Any thoughts?

Navarro313, Dec 8, 2015
  10. davidhk Win User
    I am afraid I don't have any ideas for you.

Just one thing about online download of MS Office 2013. You may or may not interested to know.
    I was given a MS Office 2013 Home & Student as a gift.
    It comes with just the product key.
    I also had to download the software online.
    What I did was to download the iso > burn it to a DVD.
    I then installed it. It went smoothly.
    As I already have MS Office 2007 with 3 Home PC licenses, purchased and installed 5 years ago, I don't need the 2013 version. So, I uninstall it and shelve it.
    But I now have the installation DVD if I want to reinstall 2013.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Word Not in Microsoft Office Folder - Similar Threads - Word Microsoft Office

2. Microsoft Word/ Office Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Word/ Office Disappeared: Please help! I have an Acer Aspire 3 Windows 10 updated to Windows 11 laptop. I have had issues with it for ages mainly Disk running at 100 seemingly randomly but have hit a new low today. I use it for what I consider fairly simple functions, one of which is Microsoft Word....
  3. Microsoft Word/ Office Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Word/ Office Disappeared: Please help! I have an Acer Aspire 3 Windows 10 updated to Windows 11 laptop. I have had issues with it for ages mainly Disk running at 100 seemingly randomly but have hit a new low today. I use it for what I consider fairly simple functions, one of which is Microsoft Word....
  4. word office

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    word office: Not working any more. Expired? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-office/1e127659-f543-453a-90b4-79675cafe92d
  5. microsoft office word

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft office word: After resetting my pc Microsoft office word got accidentally deleted. So now how to restore it. Please help me as I have lot of work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-word/3f1cd679-f742-4b0a-abed-aeeafc5732e9
  6. Microsoft Office 365 Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Office 365 Word: G'day, I have just updated to 365 Word. I have been practicing writing documents. Obviously I do not want to keep them. Each time I open a new page on the left hand side are all my previous documents. I cannot find out how to delete them. Please could somebody help me?...
  7. Microsoft Office Word 2007

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Office Word 2007: My laptop runs Windows 10. I regularly get updates which then result in me losing access to my Word files. I usually uninstall them and can then use my documents as usual. I tried to uninstall the recent updates but cannot do this. Spoke to someone from Microsoft who said she...
  8. Microsoft Word Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Word Office 365: Does anyone have a way to restore a corrupt Word document? I've tried everything and I really need this document. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/microsoft-word-office-365/51fde4cc-82e6-41f8-8520-82cc41422b5e
  9. Office/Word not working

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office/Word not working: When I originally upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 the Microsoft Office/Word I had with Windows 7 continued to work with Windows 10. But then I did a clean install of Windows 10, after which I added the Microsoft Office which I had stored on a thumb drive. When I added...
  10. Microsoft Office 2010 prob with word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Office 2010 prob with word: Good evening to all at W10 forum. I have office 2010 on my windows 10 desktop,ZooStorm one recently bought. Now the problem is with word when I go and type a document then go to file to save as a annoying box comes on screen asking me to click yes or what ever else in on...