Windows 10: Word & Printer Difficulties

Discus and support Word & Printer Difficulties in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Had the laptop & printer for a month. Everything's been working fine. Yesterday afternoon, creating a document in Word, when requested that it print,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoMartin1, Aug 1, 2018.

1. JoMartin1 Win User

Word & Printer Difficulties

Had the laptop & printer for a month. Everything's been working fine. Yesterday afternoon, creating a document in Word, when requested that it print, received the message that there is no printer installed. Wrong! Had been printing all morning just fine, just not in Word. Still doing it.

If I take the laptop & the printer down, wait a few beats, then bring both back up, same document will print just fine. But the 2nd document? No. Same message, same routine, same result.

Doing it again this morning, and now this afternoon. I am beyond frustrated, I have a project that needs to go out, shutting everything down, waiting, and bringing it all back up is a WASTE of my time. Grrrrr!

Any ideas? BTW, prints just fine from browser

Thanks! mamatoad

:)

JoMartin1, Aug 1, 2018

2. Word does not recognize my printer

Hi Raian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to print Word document from the printer.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are you able to print from other application like notepad, internet browser, etc?
    • Are you getting any error message/code while printing the word document?
    • Is that printer set as default?
    • What is the make and model of your computer and printer?
    I would suggest you to try these steps and check.

Method 1: Troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run the built-in Printer troubleshooter to fix any errors with the printer settings. Refer these steps:

a) Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

b) Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

c) Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

d) Run the Printer troubleshooter.

Method 2: Change permissions

I would suggest you to check if the user account has permission to print and manage the printer. Refer these steps:

a) Press Windows key +C, select control panel

b) Under Hardware and devices, select view devices and printers

c) Locate your printer and right click

d) Click on the Printer properties from the menu and select security tab

e) Select your user account name from the list of user accounts

f) Make sure that all the check boxes against the permissions are marked as “Allow”.

If the permission is already set as “allow”, then this could be a network setting issue. Check if your account is configured correctly to the network and check the network options.

Method 3: Re-install the printer

If the permission settings and the network settings are set correctly and yet you are facing this issue, I would suggest uninstall and re-install the printer and check. You can follow the steps provided below to do so:

Note: Please make sure that you have the setup file for the driver of the printer before uninstalling the current version.

a) Press Windows and x key together and click on Device Manager.

b) Locate the printer driver and expand the driver icon.

c) Right click on the driver icon and click on Uninstall.

d) Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the driver.

e) Locate the setup file of the driver for the printer.

f) Double Click on the setup file and follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall the driver.

Check if you are able to find the printer online.

For further reference, you can refer to the links:

How to solve printing problems in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/how-to-solve-printing-problems

Install a printer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/install-a-printer

Note: These article are for Windows 8/8.1 but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Printer? Word says there is no printer installed, Printers are listed under Devices and my default is set

Hello Mel,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Printer. We will certainly help you.

It would be grate if you can reply to this question to assist you further:

• Does the issue only occur when you are using Word?
    • Have you tried printing any other document like PDF?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

Meanwhile we suggest you to try the steps from the links below and check:

Fix printer problems

Fix printer

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Word & Printer Difficulties

printer won't communicate with word

Hi Ericakulic,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Is the issue specific to MS Word?

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to perform the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• 1. Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

4. Run the Hardware and devices.
    Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install the latest printer drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Word & Printer Difficulties

1. Word & Printer Difficulties - Similar Threads - Word Printer Difficulties

2. Is there a way to increase the difficulty of the challenges in Microsoft Ultimate Word Games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to increase the difficulty of the challenges in Microsoft Ultimate Word Games?: In particular, I really enjoy the Wordament challenge, but 3 days out of 4, it's too easy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-increase-the-difficulty-of-the/e8b1fb20-c9c1-48e8-b94c-f2259f734e7c
  3. Is there a way to increase the difficulty of the challenges in Microsoft Ultimate Word Games?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to increase the difficulty of the challenges in Microsoft Ultimate Word Games?: In particular, I really enjoy the Wordament challenge, but 3 days out of 4, it's too easy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-increase-the-difficulty-of-the/e8b1fb20-c9c1-48e8-b94c-f2259f734e7c
  4. Difficulty in running Word 2002 successfully after reinstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty in running Word 2002 successfully after reinstalling: I uninstalled Microsoft Word 2002 from my laptop, which OS is Windows 11. After reinstalled and opening Word, a message pops up: “Word automatically saved changes to the document template. Do you want to load it?” ...No matter whether “Yes” or “no” is selected, several docs...
  5. Difficulty in running Word 2002 successfully after reinstalling

Difficulty in running Word 2002 successfully after reinstalling: I uninstalled Microsoft Word 2002 from my laptop, which OS is Windows 11. After reinstalled and opening Word, a message pops up: “Word automatically saved changes to the document template. Do you want to load it?” ...No matter whether “Yes” or “no” is selected, several docs...
  6. Printer Problems Word App

Printer Problems Word App: I have recently added Word App to my laptop and now can't print anything from the laptop. Any ideas please?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-problems-word-app/45639627-8fbf-40ce-a194-ba2d8759f2de
  7. difficulty printing on shared printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    difficulty printing on shared printer: After win 10 update we face difficulty printing on shared printer in small network. Errors 0x0000011b and 0x000004005 erupts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difficulty-printing-on-shared-printer/2ac50354-136d-4482-8649-d5abea406470
  8. difficulty printing to samsung scx-5935fn printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    difficulty printing to samsung scx-5935fn printer: hi all my wife is opening a nonprofit and the prior building owners left their samsung printer scx-5935. The online manual is..interesting. That being said I have tried two different set ups. 1. printer connected to desktop pc whose connection is wifi. This PC can print to...
  9. Sharing printer and folder difficulties

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing printer and folder difficulties: Howdy. I have two Win10 PCs, one (desktop) running 1903 and the other 1909 (laptop). I have both set up identically in Advanced sharing settings, same profile, etc. Both are set to "Turn off password protected sharing" I shared a folder on the laptop, and I can access it...
  10. why printer will not word

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why printer will not word: why printer will not word? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-printer-will-not-word/87d60b0c-e93b-43d5-96a6-0288775ddab1