Windows 10: word

Discus and support word in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do you make win10 skip one line instead of two when finish typing that line then clicking enter to go to the next line? I have used search but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by robert, Jun 15, 2016.

1. robert Win User

word

How do you make win10 skip one line instead of two when finish typing that line then clicking enter to go to the next line? I have used search but found no answer.

:)

robert, Jun 15, 2016

2. Can't Sync Contacts!

Hi, I am having a really annoying problem - active sync says that contact syncronisation is complete but no contacts move over. I can't access contacts settings via active sync on my PC as the right "settings" option is greyed out. On my devices (HTC
    touch AND O2 XDA mini) the box you should be able to check next to contacts in active sync is also greyed out. So I can't get into my settings for synching contacts.

I have reinstalled activesync (4.5) and deteted and reinstated my device -PC relationships. I have also tried unchecking and rechecking the box on my PC activesync for contacts - same thing happens.

I am actually trying to transfer contacts from one device to another but that will be the next problem!

RANDOM WORD, Jun 15, 2016
  3. Synching contacts

HLS wrote:

When my device and PC are connected- Options is greyed out on both the PC and the device so I cannot follow the above instructions. If I disconnect them - contacts is greyed out on my device so I cannot uncheck and recheck...

This is getting silly, this should not be so difficult.

Hi, I have what appears to be the exact same problem - active synch says that contact syncronisation is complete but no contacts move over. I can't access contacts settings via active synch on my PC as the right "settings" option is greyed out. On my devices
    (HTC touch AND O2 XDA mini) the box you should be able to check next to contacts in active sync is also greyed out.

I am actually trying to transfer contacts from one device to another but that will be the next problem!

Any progress on a fix for this issue?

I will also post as new question.

RANDOM WORD, Jun 15, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

word

In Word and about all other word processors, Enter does not mean a new line / row. Instead it means a new paragraph which is separated from previous paragraph with an extra line.

Usually you simply do not need to do anything to get to next line: you just continue typing and Word automatically jumps to next line when the last word can not be entered to the end of the previous line.

To continue typing from the next line without an empty line in between you need so called Soft Enter (hold down SHIFT key, press Enter, release the the SHIFT key).

See screenshots below taken from Word.

word [​IMG]

word [​IMG]

word [​IMG]

5. ARC1020 Win User
    The above post is probably the most common method (Shift and Enter). However, an alternative is to set styles to 'No Spacing'. That way, when you press return or enter, it returns one line at a time.

word [​IMG]

If you want it to keep this setting for all new documents, open the normal.dotm template, set it 'no spacing' and save the template.

word [​IMG]

ARC1020, Jun 15, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    Good point.

Basically it comes down to what the user prefers: Enter for new paragraph, SHIFT + Enter for next line, Enter for new line and two times Enter for new paragraph.

7. Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

word

1. word - Similar Threads - word

2. Windows Voice Access automatically capitalises first word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Voice Access automatically capitalises first word: Hi all,I'm using Windows 11. Often, Windows Voice Access automatically capitalises the first word whenever I say something especially in Word, even if it's placed mid-sentence. It's very annoying. I waste loads of time lowercasing words that shouldn't have been capitalised in...
  3. Windows Voice Access automatically capitalises first word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Voice Access automatically capitalises first word: Hi all,I'm using Windows 11. Often, Windows Voice Access automatically capitalises the first word whenever I say something especially in Word, even if it's placed mid-sentence. It's very annoying. I waste loads of time lowercasing words that shouldn't have been capitalised in...
  4. In word document my hyperlink is not blue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In word document my hyperlink is not blue: In my word document my hyperlink all of a sudden is no longer blue. How do I get my hyperlink back to blue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-word-document-my-hyperlink-is-not-blue/5aacef2e-44a0-41e2-98c7-5be10eb01e6f
  5. In word document my hyperlink is not blue

In word document my hyperlink is not blue: In my word document my hyperlink all of a sudden is no longer blue. How do I get my hyperlink back to blue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-word-document-my-hyperlink-is-not-blue/5aacef2e-44a0-41e2-98c7-5be10eb01e6f
  6. Is there a way to show word suggestions as in Gboard for androids but on pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to show word suggestions as in Gboard for androids but on pc?: I would love to type on pc but since English is not my first language, there are some words where i i can only type the beginning of and Gboard does the rest. Is there a settings, an app somhow for pc? submitted by /u/ThrilledStoic [link] [comments]...
  7. Nepali Unicode font display reversed and made no sense in MS Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nepali Unicode font display reversed and made no sense in MS Word: I prepared a file using Nepali Unicode in MS Word yesterday. Today, when I opened the file again, I was surprised that the words were completely reversed and made no sense. What could be the reason for this? And what is the solution to this problem?...
  8. Nepali Unicode font display reversed and made no sense in MS Word

Nepali Unicode font display reversed and made no sense in MS Word: I prepared a file using Nepali Unicode in MS Word yesterday. Today, when I opened the file again, I was surprised that the words were completely reversed and made no sense. What could be the reason for this? And what is the solution to this problem?...
  9. How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?: My document have numbers instead of my file names. I want to replace the numbers with my file names. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-replace-numbers-with-document-names-in/5db0b361-f567-47bd-a1d4-677d2a1eeb81
  10. How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?

How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?: My document have numbers instead of my file names. I want to replace the numbers with my file names. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-replace-numbers-with-document-names-in/5db0b361-f567-47bd-a1d4-677d2a1eeb81