Windows 10: Wordpad default hilight colors - how to change them ?

Discus and support Wordpad default hilight colors - how to change them ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Wordpad has "horrible" default hilight colors (too vivid for my eyes)... And I would like to change them to a set of less vivid colors.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tsbzzz, Feb 8, 2018.

1. tsbzzz Win User

Wordpad default hilight colors - how to change them ?

Hello,

Wordpad has "horrible" default hilight colors (too vivid for my eyes)... And I would like to change them to a set of less vivid colors.

The program does not allow to change the default hilight colors, at least in a simple way.

Could anyone help me to force such a change ?

Just in case, I use WordPad to create notes in "rtf".

Have a nice day

:)

tsbzzz, Feb 8, 2018

2. How to change the highlight color properly / permanently?

Hi folks.

I'm trying to change the highlight color Win10 is using to highlight text and other objects.

As far as I could figure it out, the default value is (r0 g120 b215), the "standard Win10 blue", which is stored in the registry here:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\Hilight

Editing this key can be done manually or by using third party tools (e.g. "Classic Color Panel" from WinTools), changes take effect after restarting the Windows explorer - so far so good.

Now comes the strange part: The old/default color comes back after a user is logged off and on again, or after the system was hibernated. After rebooting the modified color is there again.

This problem occurs/occurred so far in all version (build 1507 to 1709) and editions (home and pro).

Any suggestions how to change the highlight color properly (and permanently)?

Greets,

Alucard

Alucard van Blood, Feb 8, 2018
  3. printing from word pad

Did you by any chance change the default font color (in Wordpad) from black to something else, and that your color cartridge has dried out? In that case it just spits out a blank page.

If that's not the case, see if disabling Advanced Printing Features in Printer Properties helps. Steps are here:

PaperCut KB | Disabling Advanced Printing Features

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 8, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Wordpad default hilight colors - how to change them ? [​IMG]

- do you mean the colour (bluish) highlighting the first text?

Could you post a screenshot please?
    To post a screenshot please use the icon to the left of the video icon above your post.

dalchina, Feb 8, 2018
  5. tsbzzz Win User
    Hi, thanks for attention.
    No, I mean the hilight colors set by default.
    Check the picture.

The one I point with a circle ... are the ones I would like to change.

;-)

tsbzzz, Feb 9, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    Thanks. Well, as the normal full palette isn't available, you might like to consider using an alternative program that does..

For example, Polyedit lite does, and is tabbed, and doesn't have the line spacing problem Wordpad seems to have.

dalchina, Feb 9, 2018
  7. tsbzzz Win User
    Thanks Dalchina !

PolyEdit is a very nice text editor, and it seems to be working well despite the end of developpement in 2010.

Better than Wordpad or AbiWord or any current alternatives for my usage.

So, one could say my "problem" is "half" solved, but I will mark it as solved.

;-)

tsbzzz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wordpad default hilight colors - how to change them ? - Similar Threads - Wordpad default hilight

2. Low contrast unpleasant hilight color in context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low contrast unpleasant hilight color in context menu: So I updated to Windows 11 a while ago and the classic contex menu should appear with a blue highlight for selected items, mine appear like nearly the same color. Is there a way to bring it back ?I already tried modifying the HKLU/Control Panel/Colors and HKLU/Control...
  3. How do I change background color in WordPad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change background color in WordPad: It's white and it's blinding me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-background-color-in-wordpad/1735134a-6d96-4cb8-9c74-e132ff1db79c
  4. How do I change background color in WordPad

How do I change background color in WordPad: It's white and it's blinding me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-background-color-in-wordpad/1735134a-6d96-4cb8-9c74-e132ff1db79c
  5. How do I change background color in WordPad

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to change the default WordPad font using regedit

How to change the default WordPad font using regedit: WordPad comes with Calibri font size 11 by default. There are many work-arounds available online to change the font, but I would like to see a tutorial with a step-by-step fool-proof regedit procedure with screenshots as Brink does so masterfully. 178513
  7. How do I change default font in wordpad

How do I change default font in wordpad: How do I change default font and size in wordpad... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-default-font-in-wordpad/ddd9cd02-3e14-4bca-ba78-fd2c29ef0b5e
  8. Wordpad in Windows 10/ document color change

Wordpad in Windows 10/ document color change: I currently have a document stored on my Wordpad app that has a dark orange background with yellowish text color. The original document was written and stored in that file as black text on a white background, the usual for a business document. I have been unable to find...
  9. How to dave default Wordpad w/o Registry changes

How to dave default Wordpad w/o Registry changes: I've run a search and looked at 7 pages but not found an answer. I'd like to save the default settings for Wordpad w/o having to make a Registry edit. I found a possible solution but it doesn't make sense to me. Says to save as a Temp file, then whenever you open Wordpad it...
  10. Changing default settings for MS Wordpad?

Changing default settings for MS Wordpad?: Is there some way to change the default settings for MS Word in Win10? Specifically, I would the following to be default: Line spacing: 1.00 Add 10 pt space after paragraph (FALSE) Word wrap: Wrap to window 77105