Windows 10: Work around for those that require address book in mail

Discus and support Work around for those that require address book in mail in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As the new mail has no visible address book this is what I am now doing so that I have a visible address book when emailing, first download Mozilla as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tas Devil, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Tas Devil Win User

Work around for those that require address book in mail

As the new mail has no visible address book this is what I am now doing so that I have a visible address book when emailing, first download Mozilla as it has a multitude of add ons & apps then in the add on select X-notifier the envelope emblem will be in the top task bar right click & follow instructions for setup, once setup with your live mail & google you will have both with address books that you can open completely to see who you are sending mail to.
    Hope this helps those that are trying to run small businesses from home.

:)

Tas Devil, Aug 12, 2015

2. E MAIL AND CONTACTS

Windows 10's mail/people/calendar app can only read what's online in your email account (they are like web browsers). So for example, you could upload your address book to your email service provider's address book (on their website) and then add that account
    to your Mail app in Windows 10 so it synchronizes the list.

For example, I use a Microsoft email account (I get my mail from outlook.com, which works with @live, @outlook, and @hotmail accounts). So I uploaded my address book to Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email and now all those people show in the Windows 10 people app.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 12, 2015
  3. Outlook Contacts & "Address Book" do not sync when Contact is created in WM6

puffmine wrote:

I discovered that if I edit the e-mail field of the contact and save it, it will cause the contact to be shown in "Address Book". Editing other fields seem to have no effect...

Interesting work around ... thanks for sharing that

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

Work around for those that require address book in mail

1. Work around for those that require address book in mail - Similar Threads - around those require

2. address book

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    address book: does windows 10 come with a address book https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/address-book/b86fdc9a-6a3e-4f96-a35f-5345ac8eb6fb
  3. Address book in Mail with 2 accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Address book in Mail with 2 accounts: Hi, I've recently migrated my parents laptop from Windows Live to standart Windows 10 Mail client. I've also added 2 gmail accounts. when I start new message and click address book button I see contacts only from second account. It doesn't matter which account I choose in...
  4. Importing Address book into Windows 10 Mail

Importing Address book into Windows 10 Mail: How do I import my Thunderbird address book into Windows 10 Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-address-book-into-windows-10-mail/50679e8d-556c-4074-99dd-aec7fa5b72ea
  5. Windows 10 mail address book

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail address book: Where do you go in Windows 10 mail to add, delete or edit info in your address book? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-address-book/739db86f-c162-48cb-8c71-1840f7ae5de2
  6. windows live mail , address book problem .

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail , address book problem .: Hello & Thanks : Win 10 10.0.18362 , windows live mail I am having a problem with windows live mail , address book : I have no "Contacts" Folder or Button after login outlook.live.com/mail/ . How do I find it ? Thanx 154578
  7. Address Book

Address Book: I can not add contacts to my windows address book that came with the computer. I have around 170 names and addresses. I right click to bring up a menu and add new contact is not there no more and it is not in the tools bar on top. what happened to the add new contact? so i...
  8. address book

address book: How do I go about setting up and address book ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/address-book/ace89429-5b53-48bf-b12c-0a7e752d23c4
  9. Address Book

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Address Book: when I want to send a new email my address book does not show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/address-book/af94b9f3-010d-413a-b730-3ce5d78267bf
  10. Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail - where's the address book?: Starting our on Win 10. Problems ongoing with Thunderbird after many years of good use so trying out the Mail which comes with Win10. First thing is to address mail but I can't see any contacts/address bk/or other list of contacts. Is this intentional? are contacts stores...