Windows 10: Work Program is slow to the point of being useless.

Discus and support Work Program is slow to the point of being useless. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I work for a vet practice and we are testing out windows 10 for the update in July, however we are having issues with out database program,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Silverdogz, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Work Program is slow to the point of being useless.

Hi all,

I work for a vet practice and we are testing out windows 10 for the update in July, however we are having issues with out database program, VIA. The program installs just fine and connects to the server fine, but the program is unbearably slow. It runs perfectly fine on Windows 7/8.1 but it can't handle W10, even in compatibility mode. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but it isn't working. Please help.

Program info: VIA Practice Management Software v.8.0.0
    Using MS SQLServer 2005

:)

Silverdogz, Jun 21, 2015

2. What is the point of not being able to change the system language on Windows 10 single language?

Hello Lucas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

If you have upgraded to Windows 10 from the previous OS with the same language, then the language will not be changed.

The easiest way to change your language is to upgrade using the same language you currently have on your PC, and then add a new language afterwards.

To add new languages in Windows 10, go to Settings >
    Time & language > Region & language > Add a language
    , and then choose the language you want.

Refer:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/how-to-add-an-input-language-to-your-pc#v1h=tab02

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jun 21, 2015
  3. What is the point of not being able to change the system language on Windows 10 single language?

I don't understand why they would do this, not everyone who buys a computer speaks the same language. **** Microsoft...

I don't mind having it in only English, but they wont let me change it from Spanish!

Lucasdaniels, Jun 21, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Work Program is slow to the point of being useless.

SQL Server 2005 is no longer a supported platform. It may still work, but I doubt you're going to get much support for it on Windows 10. I believe SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 is the minimum supported version now. All older versions have been "End of lifed".

I'm not saying that this is your problem, but we're not going to be able to help you with a propriety app. You have to contact your app vendor, and at this point they will probably say "Come back when Windows 10 has been released".

Mystere, Jun 21, 2015
  5. I'm going to install XP mode, maybe that'll make it work until Eklin decides to update for W10

Silverdogz, Jun 21, 2015
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    Don't bother with XP mode -- simply run W7 as a fully fledged Virtual Machine on W10. You can get VMWARE player for Free.

The easiest way would be to boot your W7 up and create a VM from it by using the FREE VMware converter --this would create a VM of your existing machine and you wouldn't have to install (or re-install) any of your apps.

Here's a link to the VMWARE converter

VMware vCenter Converter transforms your Windows- and Linux-based physical machines and third-party image formats to VMware virtual machines.

Note -- Take a backup image though of your W7 machine before running.

I'm still running some very useful stuff on an XP VM --no probs at all running it on a W10 host machine.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Work Program is slow to the point of being useless.

1. Work Program is slow to the point of being useless. - Similar Threads - Program slow point

2. Rant: Not being able to COPY on Paint 3D makes the program useless.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rant: Not being able to COPY on Paint 3D makes the program useless.: I seriously can't understand how Paint 3D has no copy option.I tried inserting an image on this forum, but this forum doesn't recognize a pasted png, jpg, or gif image?Instead, I have to save the image, go to the folder, open the image in another app and then right-click/copy...
  3. Rant: Not being able to COPY on Paint 3D makes the program useless.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rant: Not being able to COPY on Paint 3D makes the program useless.: I seriously can't understand how Paint 3D has no copy option.I tried inserting an image on this forum, but this forum doesn't recognize a pasted png, jpg, or gif image?Instead, I have to save the image, go to the folder, open the image in another app and then right-click/copy...
  4. System restore points not being created

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore points not being created: I've recently had to check what system restore points were available on some of my PC's Windows 10 & 11I'm concerned that although I have system protection enabled on all the drives, only the latest system restore point is present; I dont want to allocate a LOT of space as my...
  5. Restore points is constantly being deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore points is constantly being deleted: Hi, I hope some of you can help me with this. I noticed my computer has never a system restore point, So, I created restore points manually, but one hour later, it gets delete, I tried to created few restore points but all get deleted after an hour or so. Every time after I...
  6. Restore points being deleted

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore points being deleted: Hi folks, for reasons I can't explain my restore points keep getting deleted despite having System Protection turned on. I first notice the missing restore points earlier this week so I created a manual one and now it's gone too. There were no Windows updates to my PC...
  7. Restore points being deleted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restore points being deleted: Hi folks, for reasons I can't explain my restore points keep getting deleted despite having System Protection turned on. I first notice the missing restore points earlier this week so I created a manual one and now it's gone too. There were no Windows updates to my PC...
  8. Computer being slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer being slow: my computer has been loading slowly recently and is having issues loading up files. What should I do? My computer used to be able to load up anything pretty quick and be able to load up to 20 images. Now it can barely get to able 7 before closing out my other photos....
  9. Restoring point will it work for Program any more

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring point will it work for Program any more: I need to set up a laptop to recover installed programs I have put on a laptop and subsequently uninstalled by my son, the same goes for settings. I cannot stop my handicapped son age 35 exploring His ACER laptop, until I am presented with it not working, then I have to find...
  10. Restoring point will it work for Programs.

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring point will it work for Programs.: I need to set up a laptop to recover installed programs I have put on a laptop and subsequently uninstalled by my son, the same goes for settings. I cannot stop my handicapped son age 35 exploring His ACER laptop, until I am presented with it not working, then I have to find...