Windows 10: Workgroup access depends on the order computers are powered up

Discus and support Workgroup access depends on the order computers are powered up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The following scenario is happening to my workgroup. I have two Windows 10 machines, call them A and B. I power up machine A and log in, and then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MisterD2017, May 27, 2018.

1. Workgroup access depends on the order computers are powered up

The following scenario is happening to my workgroup. I have two Windows 10 machines, call them A and B. I power up machine A and log in, and then I power up machine B and log in. A can see and access the shared files on B, and print to B's printer. But machine B does not show up in the workgroup on machine A. If I power up B first and then A, the reverse happens. B can access A, but A cannot see B in the workgroup. This should not be. Both machines should be able to see each other at the same time, and order of power up shouldn't be irrelevant. How can I fix this? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

:)

MisterD2017, May 27, 2018

2. In Windows 10 Home - why would you disable the ability to change the default workgroup name from "workgroup" to something else?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How are you trying to change the work group name?
    Have you tried as below steps if not I suggest you to follow as below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Click on “system”.
    • Then under “computer name, domain and workgroup settings” option.
    • Click on change “settings” on the right hand side.
    • Click on “computer name” tab.
    • Under the option “to rename this computer and change its domain or workgroup, click change”
      click on “change option”.
    • Under “computer name tab” enter the computer name accordingly and click on
      “ok”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 27, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Switch from Homegroup to Workgroup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+ X, select
      System.

• Click on Advanced System settings.

• Under Computer Name tab click on
      change.

• Under “Member Of” change the Workgroup name

• Then click on OK, then when prompted
      reboot your device.

And also refer the article given below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/join-or-create-a-workgroup

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 27, 2018
Thema:

Workgroup access depends on the order computers are powered up

1. Workgroup access depends on the order computers are powered up - Similar Threads - Workgroup access depends

2. Power Dependency Coordinator info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Dependency Coordinator info: where i can found info on Power Dependency Coordinator driver ? disable it clean my power issues its broke the explorer.exe but i use custom shell explorer that fix it i have better gaming experience when Power Dependency Coordinator driver is off...
  3. Power Dependency Coordinator info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Dependency Coordinator info: where i can found info on Power Dependency Coordinator driver ? disable it clean my power issues its broke the explorer.exe but i use custom shell explorer that fix it i have better gaming experience when Power Dependency Coordinator driver is off...
  4. Power Dependency Coordinator info

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Workgroup access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Workgroup access: My desktop running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 connects to router via Ethernet. My laptop running Windows 10 Home 20H2 connects to router via WiFi. Both have been moved to the same novel workgroup name. On "This PC" under "Network", the laptop can see the desktop, but the desktop...
  6. power sequence order?

in Windows 10 Support
    power sequence order?: Hi, I have a lenovo thinkpad 10 windows tablet in my car for media/sat-nav. I would like to arrange a sequence for power shutdown if possible? The first power state to initiate would be sleep. This is initiated by the tablet losing power when the ignition is switched off....
  7. Order of 'power on' on a network

Order of 'power on' on a network: I have two Windows 10 version 1909 machines on a wireless network. One is home and the other is Pro both MS accounts. Both work just fine on the internet If I turn on machine 1 first and then machine 2, neither can see the other. However, if I then reboot 1 they both can see...
  8. MICROSOF: BRING BACK WORKGROUPS -- I cannot access my workgroup computer!

MICROSOF: BRING BACK WORKGROUPS -- I cannot access my workgroup computer!: 10.10.2019 ======= Before Version 19.03 I could work access my workgroup computers. Then I recieved another update and, since then, I have no longer access to any workgroup computers. I have tried all of the tips shown internet on this problem (making sure auto...
  9. Can't access my files on Workgroup network computer

Can't access my files on Workgroup network computer: I just finished with your latest update and now when I click on the link to my external drive I get a pop-up that asks for my credentials?? WHAT CREDENTIALS?? I never set up a password to access my remote files. When I leave that field (password in the credentials dialog box)...
  10. Windows 10 not accessible on Workgroup

Windows 10 not accessible on Workgroup: Hello I have a workgroup of 3 computers 1 Windows 7 2 Windows 10 Same workgroup name for each computer From My Windows 7 Machine I set-up the sharing Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings I have Amin...