Windows 10: Workgroup Windows 10 and XP machines no longer see each other

Discus and support Workgroup Windows 10 and XP machines no longer see each other in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My 4 machine workgroup network, 2 XP and 2 Win 10 machines, was functioning fairly well until the recent "Creator" upgrade. Now the XP machines can no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Seafrog, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Seafrog Win User

Workgroup Windows 10 and XP machines no longer see each other

My 4 machine workgroup network, 2 XP and 2 Win 10 machines, was functioning fairly well until the recent "Creator" upgrade. Now the XP machines can no longer see the 10 machines and the 10 machines can't see the XP machines. The machines of the other OS are not listed. Would like to get the workgroup functional again. Have done multiple reboots and have run the suggested troubleshooters with no results. Have any ideas?

:)

Seafrog, Dec 18, 2017

2. XP machines and Win 10 machines in a workgroup can no longer see each other

Until the last "Creator" update I had a Windows Workgroup which was quite functional involving both Windows 10 and XP machines. Since that update the Win 10 machines can see each other but not the XP machines. The XP machines can see each other but no
    the Win 10 machines. Everybody can see the network printers and the internet. How do I get the Workgroup functional again? I've tried the troubleshooters and multiple reboots with no results.

Bernard Corrigan, Dec 18, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Dec 18, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Hey Seafrog,
    Check your Win10 machines to make sure Network Profiles didn't get reset.
    PC is Discoverable
    Network Profile is Private
    Networking Discovery / File & Print Sharing is turned on

If all that looks good, then check if SMBv1 got uninstalled ...
    Control Panel > Programs & Features > Turn Windows Features On or Off > SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support
    Note: I wouldn't check the SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal box

See links below for more info ...
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...in-windows-and
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-version-1709

Eagle51, Dec 18, 2017
  5. Seafrog Win User
    Thanks for a really well written answer. Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. Learned that the Automatic Removal box should not be checked as if enabled the SMBv1 is removed after 15 days of non-use and must be reinstalled.

Seafrog, Dec 19, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Sorry, that didn't help ... Have you tried to manually access the shares in File Explorer ?
    \\PC_NAME\SHARE_NAME
    or
    \\PC_INTERNAL_IP\SHARE_NAME

Eagle51, Dec 19, 2017
  7. rtcary Win User
    And I am having the same problem after the KB4058043 update.

I ran ipconfig and got the following:

Workgroup Windows 10 and XP machines no longer see each other [​IMG]

rtcary, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Workgroup Windows 10 and XP machines no longer see each other - Similar Threads - Workgroup machines longer

2. Windows 10 PCs can't see each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PCs can't see each other: I have two PCs both running Windows 10 and ESET Antivirus and Firewall. When they are both on Network 1 they can see each other and share folders happily. Then, if I move them to Network 2 they can no longer see each other or share folders. The only change I make to both is...
  3. Windows 10 PCs can't see each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PCs can't see each other: I have two PCs both running Windows 10 and ESET Antivirus and Firewall. When they are both on Network 1 they can see each other and share folders happily. Then, if I move them to Network 2 they can no longer see each other or share folders. The only change I make to both is...
  4. Windows 10 PCs can't see each other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Win 10 refuses to see XP machine

Win 10 refuses to see XP machine: I just hooked up a new windows 10 computer. I have a bunch of stuff stored on my XP computer that also shares the parallel printer with a Windows 7 computer and I planned to share it with the Windows 10 computer. The XP computer is called slickswintel and has a static IP...
  6. Computers can't see each other on workgroup

Computers can't see each other on workgroup: Recently added both laptops to a workgroup as suggested here to enable file sharing and it worked perfectly. Then suddenly today 1 of the computers can't see the other one. Laptop 1 can't see laptop 2 1 did have a Pin as security while 2 had a password. I've changed 1 to...
  7. Solved: Can't see other computers in Workgroup on Windows 10

Solved: Can't see other computers in Workgroup on Windows 10: Hi all, I'm finding Windows 10 enjoyable and pleasant for the most part. Unfortunately, some things that are easy to find or to do (probably due to years of experience) in Windows 7 and 8/8.1 are not easy to find, assuming they exist at all, in Windows 10 build 10130....
  8. XP Can't see WIndows 10 computers on workgroup

XP Can't see WIndows 10 computers on workgroup: Ever since I updated my two work computers to the Creators Update version, I can no longer see them from Windows XP when I try to browse via Network Connections. I can see them if I reference them directly via the UNC name,I.E. \\SHOP10HX64 or \\SHOP10PX64. This was...
  9. Windows 10 PC can't see other shares in Workgroup

Windows 10 PC can't see other shares in Workgroup: We set up our small business network as a Workgroup awhile ago with all Windows XP computers. Some have been since upgraded to Windows 7, others to Windows 10. The most important issue is a folder on an XP machine that all others in the network need to be able to access....
  10. Cannot see other computers in workgroup

Cannot see other computers in workgroup: I have a home network defined by workgroup (not homegroup). Three computers are Windows 10 (vers 1703) and one is Windows Vista. One of the Windows 10 computers can not see any of the other network computers. Nor can it see any of the network devices (including the network...