Windows 10: Working O2Micro card reader driver for Dell Latitude E6530?

Discus and support Working O2Micro card reader driver for Dell Latitude E6530? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Has anyone found a *working* SD card reader driver for Windows 10 x64 for a Dell Latitude E6530? Whatever windows installs by default seems to be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Galane, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Galane Win User

Working O2Micro card reader driver for Dell Latitude E6530?

Has anyone found a *working* SD card reader driver for Windows 10 x64 for a Dell Latitude E6530? Whatever windows installs by default seems to be a dummy or stub driver. It shows no problems but doesn't actually work. Plug a card in and it makes the sound but doesn't appear in Explorer or anywhere else.

I tried Dell's driver for an O2Micro card reader for the Latitude E6520 (and others) but that one says EVERY card has to be formatted, or says a card needs to be inserted when attempting to open the drive with a card plugged in that shows up perfectly fine on any other computer. O2 Micro OZ600xxx Memory Card Reader Driver Driver Details | Dell US <-installs without complaint but doesn't function correctly on the E6530

:)

Galane, Feb 10, 2018
  2. CaneToad Win User

Windows 10 on Dell E6330: "SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller" Microsoft driver doesn't work with O2Micro SD Reader PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_8221&SUBSYS_05331028&REV_05

I have fully updated Windows 10 on Dell E6330.

When Windows 10 was first installed, the card reader worked, but now after some updates, the card-reader is non-functional. Inserting an SD card accomplishes nothing and the system can't see its presence.

I notice that a Microsoft driver for the device shows in device manager as "SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller". Windows reports "The device is working properly" and "No conflicts" under resource settings.

The card reader's device instance path is as follows:

PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_8221&SUBSYS_05331028&REV_05\4&C9907B0&0&00E5

The card-reader device is reportedly O2Micro OZ600F/OZ900F hardware.

Any ideas on why this apparent Microsoft Driver would not be working?

CaneToad, Feb 10, 2018
  3. JK3108 Win User
    KB4022725 failed to install and caused reboot loop

I had the same issue with Lenovo Yoga 14 and found the solution on the Lenovo forums at the link below related to O2Micro Media Card Driver conflict. A successful fix required me to uninstall the driver in the control panel uninstall software AND deleting
    the driver from the Device Manager Storage Controller folder. The SD card reader does still work and a new device got installed for SD card reader.

By the way, I had forgotten that I had an SD card inserted in the reader from my camera all this time. Perhaps that got it thrown off somehow.

Solved: O2Micro Media Card Driver 1.1.1.1019 causes KB4022725 to fail - Lenovo Community

Good luck, and thanks for posting your issue since that helped me figure out it others had a Yoga 14 related problem!

Jason

JK3108, Feb 10, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Try running the Windows Update MiniTool with the "Include drivers" checkbox checked (right-click the exe file and select "Run as administrator" when you run the tool). It does a pretty good job of finding working drivers for most of the PCs I've used it on. You'll hear lots of members inveigh against driver checkers/updaters here on TenForums. This one is free, and your device is already not working properly. So you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain, by trying it out. Hope it works for you!
    HTH,
    --Ed--

Working O2Micro card reader driver for Dell Latitude E6530? [​IMG]

PS: the first 3 drivers on this download page from the french driver site station-drivers.com also look potentially interesting for you, if WUMT fails to deliver the goods: O2Micro

EdTittel, Feb 10, 2018
  5. Galane Win User
    WUMT didn't find a driver. There's more than one O2micro SD card controller chip model. How do I tell which one is in this model of laptop? Device Manager is of course not telling, because it would be to convenient for the user if it had such detailed information.

Galane, Feb 16, 2018
  6. philc43 Win User
    I recently setup a DELL Latitude E6420 for someone which also had an SD card reader. I suspect the system is fairly similar to yours. I could not get this to work either at first until I clean installed W10 Home and a Generic SD card reader was automatically installed by windows and it worked fine, reading and writing to the inserted SD cards. The O2 Micro driver was not needed.

Try removing all drivers and software for the SD card reader and let Windows choose again or deliberately force it to install the driver for a "GENERIC SD02G SD Card".

Note: You may well need to have a SD card inserted before you can actually see the drive showing up in Device Manager.

philc43, Feb 16, 2018
  7. Galane Win User
    I manually installed the SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller driver and it works, up to at least a 32 gig. Microsoft's OSMicro driver *does not work properly* with the controller in a Latitude E6530, despite auto detection insisting that is the *best driver* for it.

Galane, Feb 17, 2018
  8. Plankton Win User

Yep....that's how my old "Rocketfish" card reader for my PC from bestbuy works. I got this thing back in the Vista days and it had a driver for it. Since the move from Vista to 7, 8, 8.1 and now 10....it uses the generic driver as plug/play type deal. It never showed up in file explorer until I actually inserted a SD card in it. It works perfectly.....insert card, green light pops up and SD card shows up in file explorer.

Plankton, Feb 17, 2018
  9. EdTittel Win User
    Wow! Glad you found a (partial) workaround. The 32 GB limit could be a hardware "feature." But at least you can use it for some devices now. Good job.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 17, 2018
  10. Galane Win User
    I don't know if it's limited to 32 gig. Not going to try the 64 gig that's in my phone. The laptop is from circa 2013. Dual core Intel I7 3540m Ivy Bridge, 1080p LCD, nVidia 5200 NVS + Intel integrated video. Has 8 gig DDR3 but can go up to 16 gig.

Galane, Feb 18, 2018
  11. EdTittel Win User
    Yeah, me too. I spend waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time poking around there when I'm dealing with, diagnosing, or trying to fix driver issues. Where do they get some of that stuff? It's right at the bleeding edge from pretty much every mfgr and OEM known to man.
    Amazing!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
  12. n8399 Win User
    Successful 64GB SDXC install after 32GB SDHC THANKS to everyone

n8399, Apr 12, 2018
  13. EdTittel Win User

Glad you got it sorted. For future reference, the French website Station-Drivers - NEWS (you can switch it to English easily if you're not a Francophone) is a terrific source for all kinds of drivers. They have a pretty good O2 Micro selection there, among many, many other things.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 13, 2018
  14. ap1978 Win User
    Yeah, love that site! *Smile

ap1978, Apr 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Working O2Micro card reader driver for Dell Latitude E6530? - Similar Threads - Working O2Micro card

2. My Dell Latitude E6530 Microphone Option Not Selectable, Microphone Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Dell Latitude E6530 Microphone Option Not Selectable, Microphone Not Working: I can't use my mircophone on my Dell Latitude E6530. I can't use it for Zoom calls and it just seem as if the laptop does not have a microphone. I need to be sure....
  3. Dell Latitude E6530: White numbers/letters on black background?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Latitude E6530: White numbers/letters on black background?: Learning about the change from Windows 7 to Windows 10. How to I get back to black on white? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-latitude-e6530-white-numbersletters-on-black/2bb1758f-b014-4e66-a6c4-898a2632d586
  4. Microphone on Dell Latitude is not working

Microphone on Dell Latitude is not working: Today I tried to use Zoom for the first time. Unfortunately, the microphone on my computer does not appear to be working. I am not muted. I have used zoom many times on other computers. Zoom is unable to find the internal microphone on the computer. Not sure why. This never...
  5. Dell Latitude E6320 with none funstioning SD reader

Dell Latitude E6320 with none funstioning SD reader: I inherited a Dell E6320 which is still working fine except for the SD reader in the front. The laptop has Windows 10 Enterprise installed. In device manager the SD reader was at first only ticked with a yellow triangle and when I uninstalled it, windows did not reinstall it....
  6. Trying to setup fingerprint scanner on a Dell Latitude E6530.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trying to setup fingerprint scanner on a Dell Latitude E6530.: Hi all, I have setup and used the fingerprint scanner on this machine while it was running Win 7 Pro. Everything worked well. I have now installed the hard drive from another E6530 which was having hardware problems and can not get the scanner to work. The machine with...
  7. Nvidia Driver in Dell Latitude e6530 tidak dapat terinstall dengan baik ,bluscreen...

Nvidia Driver in Dell Latitude e6530 tidak dapat terinstall dengan baik ,bluscreen...: telah beberapa cara saya lakukan namun tetap semua driver telah saya coba , semua tak ada yang berhasil.. saya telah berusaha memecahkan masalah ini ,dan saya telah lebih dari 1 tahun mengalami masalah ini teruatam pada Windows 10 .. kenapa masalah ini tidak kunjung di...
  8. Bluetooth Driver for Dell Latitude

Bluetooth Driver for Dell Latitude: Where can I get a bluetooth driver for a 2018 Dell Latitude E6420? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-driver-for-dell-latitude/7fc42c81-e0cb-4970-a0ab-5061a05522f6
  9. I have o2micro oz776 card reader..Can i use sim card in it?

I have o2micro oz776 card reader..Can i use sim card in it?: My laptop came with Smart card reader O2 Micro OZ776/777 , and there was already sim card pro in it... Now can i use Sim card in it and what software 98346
  10. Realtek Card Reader Driver

Realtek Card Reader Driver: Realtek Card Reader v10.0.10125.31214 Downloads Detail ds103308 22630

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pci\ven_1217&dev_8221&subsys_053c1028&rev_05

2. pci\ven_1217&dev_8221&subsys_05331028&rev_05

3. O2 Micro OZ600xxx dell win10

4. how to fix dell e6530 sd card reader,
  5. dell e6530 card reader not working windows 10