Windows 10: Working on it...

Discus and support Working on it... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What exactly is going on while this mythical disc is spinning 'round and 'round? Prior to clicking "continue", it seemed like "working on it" was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kbronski, Jul 28, 2015.

1. kbronski Win User

Working on it...

What exactly is going on while this mythical disc is spinning 'round and 'round? Prior to clicking "continue", it seemed like "working on it" was supposed to just be a 10-second device prep, yet it's been going for the last 3 hours and not doing anything. I'm curious if it's actually trying to download at this point, despite telling me it's already been downloaded.

EDIT: I should probably mention I'm upgrading from Windows 7.

:)

kbronski, Jul 28, 2015

2. Image preview in File Explorer - Windows 10

That is the most useful, least confusing, direct &to the point method of explaining how to do anything on your computer. You are a genius I hope I will come across more of your support reply's

TRUELY THE MOST HELPFUL

THank tou

Working-on-it-Kathrine, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Image preview in File Explorer - Windows 10

You haven't found the Right Desktop

Working on it... [​IMG]

in the first menu you look at after opening windows explore Believe me there are desktop folders in Librarys & other places as well. None of those work. It HAS to be the desktop that is first in the menu when the sub folders are closed.

Keep trying you'll get it

Working-on-it-Kathrine, Jul 28, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

Working on it...

Please be a little clearer about what you're doing.

Are you installing the upgrade from the download?

Sound like it's not going to happen without intervention. I hope that you can shut down and restart without incidient, although that's probably not a good idea in the middle of an upgrade.

As an alternative,

Windows 10

Gets you to the same place by a different path.

bobkn, Jul 28, 2015
  5. kbronski Win User
    I was using the system tray icon that says "Get Windows 10." I ended just downloading the installer separately and it seems to be running now.

kbronski, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Sharika10 Win User
    Sharika10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Working on it...

1. Working on it... - Similar Threads - Working

2. Windows Defender Offline Scan not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Offline Scan not working: So when I go to do the offline scan that usually takes 15 minutes, it doesn't scan it takes me to select my keyboard and language. I've already looked for corrupted files. What should I do?...
  3. Windows Defender Offline Scan not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Offline Scan not working: So when I go to do the offline scan that usually takes 15 minutes, it doesn't scan it takes me to select my keyboard and language. I've already looked for corrupted files. What should I do?...
  4. Windows Defender Offline Scan not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 11 - Windows Security App won't open and no solution works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Windows Security App won't open and no solution works: Hello. I've noticed that I can't open the Windows Security App no matter what. When I try to open Windows Security or even the settings related to it in any way, the window freezes and it won't open. I tried a few solutions already posted in this forum, such asRepairing and...
  6. Windows 11 - Windows Security App won't open and no solution works

Windows 11 - Windows Security App won't open and no solution works: Hello. I've noticed that I can't open the Windows Security App no matter what. When I try to open Windows Security or even the settings related to it in any way, the window freezes and it won't open. I tried a few solutions already posted in this forum, such asRepairing and...
  7. my audio device did not working after updated win11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my audio device did not working after updated win11.: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-device-did-not-working-after-updated/f0c7658c-fa6b-4e41-aaa7-6b7736a619d8
  8. my audio device did not working after updated win11.

my audio device did not working after updated win11.: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-device-did-not-working-after-updated/f0c7658c-fa6b-4e41-aaa7-6b7736a619d8
  9. this is my laptop i have hellow face but it didn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this is my laptop i have hellow face but it didn't work: i have hellow face but it didn't work i have nice cam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-is-my-laptop-i-have-hellow-face-but-it-didnt/53acb789-2cd8-41d9-b33d-200b9f32a6ab
  10. this is my laptop i have hellow face but it didn't work

this is my laptop i have hellow face but it didn't work: i have hellow face but it didn't work i have nice cam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-is-my-laptop-i-have-hellow-face-but-it-didnt/53acb789-2cd8-41d9-b33d-200b9f32a6ab