Windows 10: working with seperate administrator-account

Discus and support working with seperate administrator-account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've got a clean install of Windows 10 pro and I'd like to have a separate Administrator-account for security-reasons. But when I create a separate... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Flodul, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Flodul Win User

working with seperate administrator-account

I've got a clean install of Windows 10 pro and I'd like to have a separate Administrator-account for security-reasons.
    But when I create a separate Admin-accound and leave the at the time of the installation pre-created account without administrative privileges, I can't see this account on the login-screen. So it seems Windows 10 only shows accounts with belong to the Administrator-group at the login screen.
    Has anyone an idea how to circumvent this?

Thanks in advance,
    Olli

EDIT: Sorry, it was my fault. I missed to add the restricted user to the "Users" group.
    Please delete this posting.

:)

Flodul, Jul 30, 2015

2. PC Suite - generates APPCRASH each time I try to install

I am admin. In fact I am the ONLY user on this notebook and I have, therefore, granted myself administrator status - and there is NO seperate Administrator account.

mollcons---01, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Utlizing MS Exchange Server connection and POP/IMAP on Windows Mobile 6.1

Hi,

You won't be able to keep your Work account and personal one seperate when synchronizing. Sure you can create ayour POP3 account and doing so will keep your emails in a seperate mailboix on the device.

Linley.

Linley Meslier, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

working with seperate administrator-account

1. working with seperate administrator-account - Similar Threads - working seperate administrator

2. Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account: Hello,I'd like to completely separate my personal Microsoft Account from a school account that it's linked to. I don't remember even linking them in the first place, but that's not important. I have not been able to find any clear method for doing this. As of now, whenever I...
  3. Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account: Hello,I'd like to completely separate my personal Microsoft Account from a school account that it's linked to. I don't remember even linking them in the first place, but that's not important. I have not been able to find any clear method for doing this. As of now, whenever I...
  4. "Divorcing" seperating my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Divorcing" seperating my Microsoft account: Years ago when we had one computer and my much younger son wanted to play Minecraft, I just put him on my account before they were doing family accounts. It is now a Bemouth and has his name but my picture and email. He is now almost an adult and I'm starting a business, so...
  5. "Divorcing" seperating my Microsoft account

"Divorcing" seperating my Microsoft account: Years ago when we had one computer and my much younger son wanted to play Minecraft, I just put him on my account before they were doing family accounts. It is now a Bemouth and has his name but my picture and email. He is now almost an adult and I'm starting a business, so...
  6. Open seperate Microsoft phot account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open seperate Microsoft phot account.: HelloMy uploaded photos go into my brother Microsoft photo account its his computer .I have my own Microsoft account and want to open my own photo account and so keep my photos separate.Any ideas please?Anne...
  7. Open seperate Microsoft phot account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open seperate Microsoft phot account.: HelloMy uploaded photos go into my brother Microsoft photo account its his computer .I have my own Microsoft account and want to open my own photo account and so keep my photos separate.Any ideas please?Anne...
  8. Open seperate Microsoft phot account.

9. How can I seperate Microsoft Account from Administrator Account please?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I seperate Microsoft Account from Administrator Account please?: Recently purchased new laptop and on set up I logged into my Microsoft account when prompted to do so. This is now also the Admin account not requiring any password when requesting to make system changes - only needing a yes or no as confirmation and the only account on the...
  10. work and seperate personal account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    work and seperate personal account: Can I use apps from my job account on my personal account. My laptop (personal) is listed as a device at my company. My phone is a company phone. Thanks for any helpful answers to this issue...