Windows 10: Workstation hangs at "Applying User Settings"

Discus and support Workstation hangs at "Applying User Settings" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! My name is Peter, and I'm IT Administrator at Junior High School. One month ago I installed Windows 10 Education on all computers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by smali, Dec 17, 2015.

1. smali Win User

Workstation hangs at "Applying User Settings"

Hello!

My name is Peter, and I'm IT Administrator at Junior High School. One month ago I installed Windows 10 Education on all computers. Everything was fine until today. Today users changed his passwords. Now, when user try to login to the PC, system hangs at "Applying User Settings". The only solution (not the best) is to remove user profile from workstation, but after next password change, problem returns. Active Directory looks fine, Previously installed Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 has worked without this issue. Maybe some one knows the solution or perhaps steps to diagnose it.

Thanks for help *Smile

Best Regards,
    Peter

P.S. Windows version is 10586.29, Active Directory is based on Windows Server 2012.

:)

smali, Dec 17, 2015
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Dec 17, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Workstation hangs at "Applying User Settings" :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Workstation hangs at "Applying User Settings" :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Workstation hangs at "Applying User Settings" :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Workstation hangs at "Applying User Settings" :)

musum, Dec 17, 2015
  4. mtremmel Win User

mtremmel, Dec 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Workstation hangs at "Applying User Settings" - Similar Threads - Workstation hangs Applying

2. Windows 11 23H2 hangs on switching user after applying Cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 23H2 hangs on switching user after applying Cumulative updates: Since 23H2 came out, after each cumulative update, I have encountered Windows 11 hangs when switching users. Upon rebooting, it defaults to the user that was going to be switched in. I discovered from an earlier closed post that by updating the Display adapter My desktop has...
  3. Windows 11 23H2 hangs on switching user after applying Cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 23H2 hangs on switching user after applying Cumulative updates: Since 23H2 came out, after each cumulative update, I have encountered Windows 11 hangs when switching users. Upon rebooting, it defaults to the user that was going to be switched in. I discovered from an earlier closed post that by updating the Display adapter My desktop has...
  4. The settings does not applied

The settings does not applied: Video hereThe settings does not change when I try to change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-settings-does-not-applied/ee9056bb-5be6-4eb7-bc1c-53ff11d84d50
  5. The settings does not applied

in Windows 10 Customization
    The settings does not applied: Video hereThe settings does not change when I try to change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-settings-does-not-applied/ee9056bb-5be6-4eb7-bc1c-53ff11d84d50
  6. Password Policies in Domain not Applying to Workstations

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Policies in Domain not Applying to Workstations: We are trying to apply some changes to the password policies for the domain users.We have verify everything from scope, delegation, inheritance block and still can't seem to find the issue. Which is that whenever the user tries changing the password using CTL+ALT+DELETE it...
  7. Password Policies in Domain not Applying to Workstations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Policies in Domain not Applying to Workstations: We are trying to apply some changes to the password policies for the domain users.We have verify everything from scope, delegation, inheritance block and still can't seem to find the issue. Which is that whenever the user tries changing the password using CTL+ALT+DELETE it...
  8. Password Policies in Domain not Applying to Workstations

9. Microphone settings will not apply

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone settings will not apply: Hi really I need of help. my microphone keeps resetting to 100 when I start app a new game or app even with my settings switched to not allow apps to alter my microphone. if I could just apply a lower volume to my microphone it would be fine but in the microphone settings the...
  10. How to apply security setting to all users?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to apply security setting to all users?: Under administrator account, once many privacy setting are setup, I would like to know on how to apply those settings into all different users without repeating setup the same setting for each user individually. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any...