Windows 10: Workstation v12.01 - no network after installation

Discus and support Workstation v12.01 - no network after installation in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Clean install of vmware workstation v12.01 (x64) Immediately after installation I lost network connection. Network connection did not return.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by tfwul, Nov 3, 2015.

1. tfwul Win User

Workstation v12.01 - no network after installation

Clean install of vmware workstation v12.01 (x64)

Immediately after installation I lost network connection.
    Network connection did not return.
    Tried to reboot my PC as often such issues are 'solved' after a reboot.
    Could not close my pc and had to shut it down the 'hard way' (powerbutton)

Restored the Windows image that I created just before installing Workstation.

Windows 10 x64 (retail version)

Any suggestions?

(vmware offers 30 days support only)

Workstation v12.01 - no network after installation [​IMG]

thanks
    =

:)

tfwul, Nov 3, 2015

2. Add workstation to Network Browser in Windows 10 Pro with AD

Something so simple is driving me crazy: I have a Windows 10 Professional workstation with AD. In the Windows Explorer I see only other 6 workstations and the local PC. Has enable Network Discovery and I can connect to others workstation in the network.
    The question is: why I see only 6 workstations and not the rest of the network? How can I add other host to the Network Browser list?

* All workstations are in the same VLAN

Hédel Nuñez Bolívar, Nov 3, 2015
  3. Windows 10 workstations not accessible via Remote Desktop after upgrade

I have upgraded a Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 workstations to Windows 10 (all pro versions). Our network is served by Small Business Server 2011 Standard.

After the upgrade, I am unable to access the workstations by Remote Desktop internally (within the network domain), it simply times out. Externally, from a remote location, I can access the workstations.

Furthermore, our Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager can see these new workstations, but cannot connect them as clients.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Crazy IT Dude, Nov 3, 2015
Thema:

Workstation v12.01 - no network after installation

1. Workstation v12.01 - no network after installation - Similar Threads - Workstation v12 network

2. Cannot install Windows 11 pro for workstation after purchase.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install Windows 11 pro for workstation after purchase.: Cannot install Windows 11 pro for workstation after purchase. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-windows-11-pro-for-workstation/051b7727-7cce-46e3-9d3c-1af9889125e1
  3. Cannot install Windows 11 pro for workstation after purchase.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install Windows 11 pro for workstation after purchase.: Cannot install Windows 11 pro for workstation after purchase. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-windows-11-pro-for-workstation/051b7727-7cce-46e3-9d3c-1af9889125e1
  4. Laptop Struggling after installing 2021 -01 to 04

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Struggling after installing 2021 -01 to 04: I recently upgraded my laptop to 20h2. I did fins the start up a little sluggish. However after updates KB4601505 and KB4023057 it takes at least 3 - 4 minutes for my laptop to shut down and restart to a point where it is responsive and CPU % returns to a normal level....
  5. 01/01/2115 on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    01/01/2115 on startup: Hello, (First of all, I’d like to say that I’m not sure if I’m on the right Reddit, and if not I’d like to apologize) I started my computer today and noticed that the date wasn’t right : my clock was set to 01/01/2115 at 1:00 AM... (I changed it back myself) My Norton...
  6. 2 Networks connected to 1 workstations - config

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 Networks connected to 1 workstations - config: Hello, I’m in the process of setting up 2 LAN networks at home. This project is calling for each Database server to be on a separate and preferably 1Gb network. Please see attached sketch. I’m not sure how to configure details of the each server and the each work station....
  7. Error install VMWare Workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error install VMWare Workstation: [ATTACH] Dear Sir or Madam --------------------- I would like to ask you when i install VMWare workstation Pro 15 on Window10 64bit. it show message like that "this installer requires you to restart your system to finish installing microsoft vc redistributable." Pls...
  8. Mouse & Keyboard Center v12

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse & Keyboard Center v12: Although I've received this update via Windows Update, it is not available to download from - https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/downloads/mouse-keyboard-center...
  9. how to change the network path on workstations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to change the network path on workstations: how to change the network path on workstations https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-network-path-on-workstations/f504a965-33a0-4cee-aa2f-976df40e6115
  10. MYOB V12 Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MYOB V12 Install: Hi There, My problem is installing/running MYOB on Windows 10. I have an old version of MYOB V12 which I have used for years and it does exactly what I need it to do and I don't need the new expensive subscription MYOB software with all the bells and whistles. So, here is...