Windows 10: Would changing my Ethernet connector do anything?

Discus and support Would changing my Ethernet connector do anything? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello so I’ve looked at many Ethernet optimization guides and have copied them before but I got a new motherboard and when I went to configure my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Christian Hamblin, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Would changing my Ethernet connector do anything?

Hello so I’ve looked at many Ethernet optimization guides and have copied them before but I got a new motherboard and when I went to configure my Ethernet some options are just not there or just greyed out. I was wondering if replacing my connect with a different one would do anything. As well I have the 1226-V Ethernet controller and have seen many issues about it but I’m not for sure what to replace with and even if replacing it will fix my issue.

:)

Christian Hamblin, Feb 28, 2024
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

ethernet

Hi,

To better assist you, kindly answer the following:

• Did you try to change the Ethernet and check if the network is connecting?
    • Is the Ethernet working in other computers?
    • Are there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Ralph Sta, Feb 28, 2024
  3. What is App Connector...?

Right, you might not be a developer but at some point you might use a 3rd party UWP App.

The UWP Skype App needs access to your camera and your microphone ... while not a 3rd party App, Skype might not have access to those without App Connector - not sure, just an example.

The Google App (Ok Google) needs to access your microphone.

Instead of everyone writing their own access, getting permissions, etc, their Apps ask the App Connector to service their requests.

This approach is nothing new to Android users, when an Android App gets installed, it lists the permissions it requires. You either accept them or cancel the install. Most people accept and install the App. MS might be trying to get past that one install step by granting the permissions to the App Connector. The permissions are listed on the App page in the Store - nothing nefarious, just eliminating a step.

Keep in mind - this is all conjecture on my part - no hard evidence did I find *Wink

Slartybart, Feb 28, 2024
  4. Would changing my Ethernet connector do anything?

Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

We appreciate the information you've provided. We'd like to confirm the results after following the steps on the link provided on our previous post.

Meanwhile, to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check the following:

• If the Ethernet port is clean.

• If the end of RJ45 (Ethernet cord) is still intact.

• If available, test the RJ45 (Ethernet cord) to your other device and check if issue persists.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Zedrick Del, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

Would changing my Ethernet connector do anything?

1. Would changing my Ethernet connector do anything? - Similar Threads - changing Ethernet connector

2. Would changing my Ethernet connector do anything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would changing my Ethernet connector do anything?: Hello so I’ve looked at many Ethernet optimization guides and have copied them before but I got a new motherboard and when I went to configure my Ethernet some options are just not there or just greyed out. I was wondering if replacing my connect with a different one would do...
  3. An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends.."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends..": An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends.." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-ethernet-cable-looks-like-a-telephone-cable-but/1c89913c-10a3-429a-9a49-177d81a1db04
  4. "An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends....: Hiya I have this problem when try to troubleshoot this comes up.I previously was using an Ethernet cable but I am now not i would like to use a WIFI connection when i attempt to conncect to a WIFI connection no Networks show up and when I troubleshoot for problems this come...
  5. "An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends.."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends..": Recently my wifi has been bad, I am currently using wireless so I wanted to use Ethernet. After I hook up an Ethernet cable it does not work so I try the trouble shooter, and it tells me "An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends....
  6. Screen colors changed without my doing anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen colors changed without my doing anything: Hello! I had a complimentary financial consultation this morning with a financial planner who shared their screen and mine. They used charts with a green tone to them. At the end of the zoom call I didn't know what happened to my ASUS laptop - everything looked green and my...
  7. LAN or Ethernet Connector failures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LAN or Ethernet Connector failures: I recently bought a computer and installed windows 10 pro on it. I bought the license and activated it and everything was going perfectly. But one day the internet the computer only works with cable started to fail. I thought it was the coverage of the modem but I brought my...
  8. What is this connector on my HDD ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is this connector on my HDD ?: Hello all *Smile, I've recently bought a P300 Toshiba internal hard drive (3 To capacity). I'm running Windows 10. All is well, except that there's a connector on it that I can't figure the type of, in addition to 2 common SATA connectors. Maybe someone could tell me what...
  9. Missing Ethernet connector

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Ethernet connector: I've been having problems with my network drives which seems to have happened after a recent Windows 10 'update' In device manager I stupidly deleted a number of Windows adaptors under the Gigabit network connection. Now I just have the Red Cross over the Internet icon....
  10. Changed my programfilesdir and now I can't do anything

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed my programfilesdir and now I can't do anything: Hello guys, So I tried to change the installation path of everything to my 2tb external D: drive becuz my hard drive only has 150gb. I did this: Open regedit (Start > Run > "regedit"). Then find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion". Now...