Windows 10: Would Like To Delete Unwanted Toshiba HDDRecovery Folder

Discus and support Would Like To Delete Unwanted Toshiba HDDRecovery Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Vista HDDRecovery folder on my D: drive that is no longer needed as I have upgraded to W10 (via W7). Is there a simple way (perhaps some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by old wrinkly, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Would Like To Delete Unwanted Toshiba HDDRecovery Folder

I have a Vista HDDRecovery folder on my D: drive that is no longer needed as I have upgraded to W10 (via W7).

Is there a simple way (perhaps some FREE utility) to delete this as it is taking up 4.64GB of space.. I have tried but keep getting message that SYSTEM needs to give permission.

The folder is not hidden and doesn't seem to be on a separate partition as I have other folders and files on the same drive.

Thanks

:)

old wrinkly, Jun 26, 2017

2. How to remove Unwanted folders on system drive (C)

Thank you, Sangeeta. Disk Cleanup did rid my system drive of quite a bit of unwanted data. I would still like to delete the old Windows folder - 'Windows.old'. Can you offer a method I can use to delete this redundant data folder from my (C) drive?
    Thank you again.

Neal O'Connor, Jun 26, 2017
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Transferring Files

Copy (NOT cut!!) the files in the unwanted folder to the higher-level folder. Once you've confirmed that the copy was successful you can delete the unwanted folder and its contents.

JimWynne, Jun 26, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Would Like To Delete Unwanted Toshiba HDDRecovery Folder

You could download & create Kyhi's boot disk from the top of the Software and Apps section here, and delete the folder from outside Windows.

Or if you are confident in using the command prompt, SHIFT + left click Restart, reboot and navigate through the Troubleshooting options to open a Command Prompt.

(Again, Windows is not running).

There are also freeware utilities to unlock and delete folders. E.g. Emco MoveonBoot.

dalchina, Jun 26, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
    If it is a folder on your D: drive what happens if you try to delete it in File Explorer? Do you get an error message?

Perhaps you could post a picture of it so we are clear if it is a partition or a folder you are talking about.

How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums

6. SOLVED

Managed to do some housekeeping on a spare external hdd and copied contents of the folder with the HDDRecovery software, less the HDDRecovery folder itself. I then formatted the drive to get rid of the HDDRecovery software and copied back the folder contents.

Have kept a copy of the folder on the external hdd, just in case, but everything seems to be working OK at the moment..

Thanks for all the contributions.

old wrinkly, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Would Like To Delete Unwanted Toshiba HDDRecovery Folder

1. Would Like To Delete Unwanted Toshiba HDDRecovery Folder - Similar Threads - Delete Unwanted Toshiba

2. Unwanted folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted folders: Windows 10 Home 20H2. There are 2 folders, one called Pictures, the other called Videos, which keep appearing on my desktop. Both these folders are empty. I keep deleting them but as soon as I restart the computer they reappear. Why is this happening and how do I get rid of...
  3. Unable to delete unwanted system folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete unwanted system folders: [ATTACH] These folder appeared after I connected my iPhone and PC to back up my iCloud datas. I couldn't delete them though they are all empty. Other than being very annoying they don't really do much to my PC. Please guide me how to delete these folders. When I click on...
  4. Delete unwanted files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete unwanted files: I have a long history of many files of one subject that I would like to clean up. I have done a search and get a long list of resulting files. Opening a file on this list to determine current relevancy results in a search redo of the list. How can I save the original...
  5. I would like to delete an EMAIL account, NOT a USER account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I would like to delete an EMAIL account, NOT a USER account.: Under Windows Settings > Accounts > Email & app accounts > Accounts used by other apps: I would like to delete an EMAIL account, NOT a USER account. Everything on here tells how to delete a USER account. That's not what I'm after. When there is no simple DELETE button, how...
  6. Problem with unwanted folder deletion

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with unwanted folder deletion: I have a rather large HDD with multiple directories and sub-directories. I've recently discovered that each of these directories contains an unwanted .metadata folder, which itself contains a number of unwanted files. I'd like to delete all these .metadata folders and their...
  7. I would like to customize the destination folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I would like to customize the destination folders: Hello, I have windows 10 and I do not know where my Microsoft apps I download go to, help me please. And I also would like to change the destination folders of everything, for example when I save pictures, I want them to automatically save for one of the folders I have...
  8. Deleting unwanted items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting unwanted items: When I open up I have a lot of unwanted items along the top. Dragging to the recycling bin does not work. These are not APPS they are topics I looked at some years ago....
  9. Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete: Hi, Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete and don't know how to. Any advice appeciated. 112093
  10. I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete

in Windows 10 Support
    I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete: I am new to Windows 10. Use Win 7 at work and been a Mac User at home for the last 5 years.... Need a Windows machine. But I have an issue trying to delete a folder on my One Drive. It is actually a folder within a folder. No files. I am definitely logged on to the PC as a...