Windows 10: Would like to override default font in dialog.

Discus and support Would like to override default font in dialog. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Would anyone happen to know how to override the default font used in a "generic" Open Folder dialog? I've read about the default fonts for MS Shell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by contours, Nov 20, 2017.

1. contours Win User

Would like to override default font in dialog.

Would anyone happen to know how to override the default font used in a "generic" Open Folder dialog?

I've read about the default fonts for MS Shell Dlg and MS Shell Dlg 2 ... and have tried to substitute Tahoma in the registry for both. Nothing changed in this dialog ... even after a reboot.

The developer of the particular software that's displaying this says "it's a Windows dialog". But all other (similar) dialogs on my Win10 PC have a good and normal appearance. This one application displays what I call a "weak font" ... thin and with jaggies ... and is a visual blemish. BTW, the application's other font uses are just fine.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Would like to override default font in dialog. [​IMG]

:)

contours, Nov 20, 2017

2. How Can I Change the Font Type (Not Size) In Windows 10

How can I use the fonts located in Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Fonts?

I tried dragging the font "AR DESTINE Medium" to my desktop, opened it, then clicked "Install" but it just saved it somewhere on my computer.

I would like to know how to override the default font size with AR DESTINE Medium.

Garrett_Sampson, Nov 20, 2017
  3. Internet Font changed after installing Windows 10

Unless you use the Accessibility dialog to Ignore font styles specified on webpages (Alt-T O, Alt-e, s) you could expect that. Your choice would only be used when there was nothing left to override it.

In fact, the Fonts dialog has a help link at the bottom about this. How to ignore preset fonts. I'm not on W10 at the moment, so I'll let you find the link (Alt-T O, Alt-n etc.)

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Nov 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

That looks like a Win 7 style frame.. so suggests the dialogue is custom. Plenty of open/save dialogues are, as I think you know.

dalchina, Nov 21, 2017
  5. contours Win User
    Thanks for pointing that out. I picked up the PNG from W7, but the one from W10 (below) shows the same weak font ... as exemplified by the word 'Videos'.

Again, the reason for my question is that the developer says that the dialog is 'standard", not custom. Is there some way to confirm?

contours, Nov 22, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    To me, it looks as if you have some appearance settings disabled.

Edwin, Nov 22, 2017
  7. contours Win User
    A good idea of something to check ... but both my PC's are set to enhance the screen fonts. Apparently, the dialog I'm trying to improve is defined at a fairly basic level ... like just specifying a simplistic font.

Thanks for your response.

contours, Nov 22, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Oddly, the font in that screenshot looks better than that in what I guess is file explorer in your first - the window in the background.

dalchina, Nov 22, 2017
  9. contours Win User
    True. I don't have any font problem with common system dialogs. The font I've noted as "weak" is in the Browse Folder dialog of a 3rd-party application ... which is weak in both Win7 and Win10 ... and is reportedly a "standard dialog".

contours, Nov 23, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Would like to override default font in dialog. - Similar Threads - override default font

2. My background is black. I would like for it to be in the original default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My background is black. I would like for it to be in the original default: My background is black. I would like it restored to the original default. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-background-is-black-i-would-like-for-it-to-be/c11f9e4f-c003-47b4-b4c7-83c31c57980a
  3. How would I override trusted installer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How would I override trusted installer: How would I override trusted installer on win10 submitted by /u/Wolferus20000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhvjqi/how_would_i_override_trusted_installer/
  4. default fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    default fonts: Something happened and my fonts are all weird. How do I reset to default settings? I tried through the control panel and it didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-fonts/84ff6dbe-7021-4687-b0a9-7ee20d519c9c
  5. Default font

Default font: Some how my fonts has changed and the new font irritating me a lot. tried a lots of time to default font but failed. Plz help me to know that how can I default font. I badly wanna get rid of this problem....
  6. Overrider default Microsoft emoji

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Overrider default Microsoft emoji: Hey, been using the desktop version of my messenger in tandem with the mobile one for a while and noticed just how insane the differences between Microsoft and Google emoji is. It's honestly distorting communications sometimes, is there a way to replace or override the...
  7. default font

default font: In simple terms how can I set a default font to cover all browsers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-font/8698c50d-e016-4e89-967a-6738cdf37b86
  8. Default font

Default font: Why did Microsoft do away with the ability to change the default font? Allowing the ability to easily change the default font makes it easier for us older folks to easily see the text. Please make it easier for us to easily change the default font....
  9. default for . (File) set to game, would like to delete this association

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default for . (File) set to game, would like to delete this association: I recently installed Mass Effect 2. One of the results is that on my FileManager, any file that does NOT have an extension is now linked to the launcher of Mass Effect 2. How do I remove this file association? When I go to Settings/…/Choose default apps by file type, the...
  10. Program I would like to use as default not listed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program I would like to use as default not listed: I have a program I would like to use for photos, PDFs, jpegs, tifs and pngs called "BlueBeam". When I try to use this program as a default, Windows will not list it or even give me an opportunity to search my hardware and select it. How do I fix that ? *Think 56165