Windows 10: Wow I did it.

Discus and support Wow I did it. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Feeling rather pleased with myself, I'm posting this from my Windows 10 install in VMware. First time I've used a VM especially installing an OS to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Joan Archer, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Wow I did it.

Feeling rather pleased with myself, I'm posting this from my Windows 10 install in VMware.

First time I've used a VM especially installing an OS to one.

I didn't follow any instructions, apart from the ones during the install, I just hope I'd be able to work it out as I went along.

I must have done something right as I'm running 10, so far so good, although I'm shutting it down soon and explore a bit more tomorrow when I've got more time to play. *Cool

:)

Joan Archer, Oct 4, 2014

2. Wow how did I miss the real radio? Very cool

You can also set up the phone to listen to the radio through your phone's speaker. With the FM radio open on the phone and the headset plugged into the phone, press & hold your finger on the screen and select "radio mode: speaker"

Prof Julie |
    Microsoft MVP Windows Phone
    |
    pocketprimer.com
    | twitter

Just got a new windows phone? Check out these blog articles:

Using the Outlook Hotmail Connector

Manage your tasks on a Windows Phone with Remember the Milk

Use Windows Live to handle tasks on a Windows Phone

Julie fka profjulie, Oct 4, 2014
  3. mike311 Win User
    Wow how did I miss the real radio? Very cool

doesnt the zune have an HD radio tuner, wp7 should have one too...

mike311, Oct 4, 2014
  4. Wow I did it.

Well done Joan *Biggrin

Report back your thoughts on it tomorrow *Thumbs

JDobbsy1987, Oct 4, 2014
  5. derekimo Win User
    Nice work Joan! I especially like this part...

*Thumbs

derekimo, Oct 4, 2014
  6. DocBrown Win User
    *Thumbs Joan,

You are a Windows Power User *Wink

DocBrown, Oct 4, 2014
  7. Hehe thanks boys I'm back in 8.1 now I'll play more tomorrow. *Wink

Joan Archer, Oct 4, 2014
  8. LittleJay Win User

Wow I did it.

Nicely done Joan! *Thumbs Enjoy playing around with a shiny new OS.

LittleJay, Oct 5, 2014
  9. Your a true geek *Nerd

ThrashZone, Oct 5, 2014
  10. Glad to hear you did it. Now you're cooking with gas!! *Smile

After reading your post, I just finished the same thing myself.

lparsons21, Oct 5, 2014
  11. strollin Win User
    Way to go Joan! If you haven't already done so, next time you boot that VM, install the VMTools which are some utilities that improve the performance of the guest OS in such areas as video, mouse, sound etc...

VMware KB: Overview of VMware Tools

strollin, Oct 5, 2014
  12. popeye Win User
    Thank you! Now I know it works. Haven't downloaded the ISO yet but now I know it won't be a waste of my limited data allowance when I do. *Thumbs

popeye, Oct 5, 2014
  13. Wow I did it.

Instructions are for Noobs (who won't follow them anyway). *Biggrin

I had no issues installing W10TP in VMware Player.

lehnerus2000, Oct 5, 2014
  14. DavidE Win User
    I have Win 10 installed in VMware Player and it's working without issues.
    However in Device Manager I have 1 Unknown Device.
    From the Hardware IDs I can't tell if it's for a Floppy Drive or the motherboard chipset...
    Does anyone else using Win 10 in VMware see an error in Device Manager ?

Seems to me if it is for the MB chipset I'd have a lot of problems...

DavidE, Oct 5, 2014
  15. AddRAM Win User
    When you put an OS in a VM it will use generic drivers for some items or not install a driver at all, such as for your video card.

Better to just make a partition for it.

AddRAM, Oct 5, 2014
Thema:

Wow I did it.

1. Wow I did it. - Similar Threads - Wow did

2. Wow, lol this is funny the windows keyword feature suggested this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wow, lol this is funny the windows keyword feature suggested this: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/wtrwr0sv4irc1.png?width=284&format=png&auto=webp&s=716e4ab624f31f6ac768d5fdbb7162ac3fa69d80 submitted by /u/vedforeal [link] [comments]...
  3. Generative Erase - WOW!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generative Erase - WOW!: Generative Erase has to be one of THE coolest things on the planet Easy to use and works VERY well... Terrific, really impressive results Read all about it HERE.NB: Make sure you have updated Photos from Store for the very latest version that has Erase in itCheers,Drew...
  4. Generative Erase - WOW!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generative Erase - WOW!: Generative Erase has to be one of THE coolest things on the planet Easy to use and works VERY well... Terrific, really impressive results Read all about it HERE.NB: Make sure you have updated Photos from Store for the very latest version that has Erase in itCheers,Drew...
  5. WOW!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WOW!: Did you know that if you go toC:\WindowsThen go tothe cursors folder then you see an svg file of that cursor?Heres an example.Pretty cool huh? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0c7f8c10-0f0e-4841-9e03-939e998c745a
  6. WOW!

WOW!: Did you know that if you go toC:\WindowsThen go tothe cursors folder then you see an svg file of that cursor?Heres an example.Pretty cool huh? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0c7f8c10-0f0e-4841-9e03-939e998c745a
  7. How to enable Text-to-Speech in WoW

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Text-to-Speech in WoW: [IMG]This post will show you how to enable Text-to-Speech in World of Warcraft. World of Warcraft is an online multiplayer role-playing game set in the fictional world of Azeroth. The game offers unique features, including Text-to-Speech, which converts in-game text to spoken...
  8. WoW Error 132 Fatal Exception, Memory could not read

in Windows 10 News
    WoW Error 132 Fatal Exception, Memory could not read: [IMG]If the WoW Error 132 Fatal Exception, Memory could not read error keeps troubling you, then this post may help you. Recently, some users have been complaining about Error 132 Fatal Exception, Memory could not read while playing the game. The complete error message reads:...
  9. I play WoW and every time I log on it says I need a driver update. Where do I get this...

I play WoW and every time I log on it says I need a driver update. Where do I get this...: I play World of Warcraft. Every time I log on to the game it says my drivers need to be updated for the game to run better. I have windows 11 and have checked with microsoft. There is no update there that gets rid of the message. I just bought this laptop and just dont know...
  10. Can’t log into my computer. Wow. All I did was try to restart computer and this happens......

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t log into my computer. Wow. All I did was try to restart computer and this happens......: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Axstznn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jc1m43/cant_log_into_my_computer_wow_all_i_did_was_try/