Windows 10: WPS "stuck on"?

Discus and support WPS "stuck on"? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I normally use the passphrase to connect my devices to routers. However I had a need to connect to a different router and WPS was the only way and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dougham, May 11, 2016.

1. dougham Win User

WPS "stuck on"?

I normally use the passphrase to connect my devices to routers.
    However I had a need to connect to a different router and WPS was the only way and it didn't work.
    I thought I'd try connecting to my home router using WPS instead of the passphrase by "forgetting" the connection. Once I'd worked it out it connected successfully.
    Now I want to return to the passphrase but the PC never connected, it just sat trying the connection for about 30 secs before it failed.
    Forgetting the profile didn't work either. I could only return to using the passphrase successsfully by uninstalling the adapter with its driver, then having windows scan for hardware again.
    After that it works well.
    Does the PC remember that WPS was used once and then must be used every time? If so, how do I make it forget the WPS option withpout having to inunstall the adapter?

:)

dougham, May 11, 2016

2. future wp updates for lumia 520

What he meant was the older 800 isn't upgradable to WP 8 from WP 7 and wanted to know if his 520 would be stuck at WP 8 only with no major upgrade path in the future.

Ray Hipkiss, May 11, 2016
  3. 93tid Win User
    Error 0x80048264 after reset

HTC have abandoned the WP platform, I don't believe you will ever get WP8.1.

93tid, May 11, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

WPS "stuck on"?

WPS is supposed to be disabled, because it has a huge security risk. If you are trying to connect to another Gateway and they have WPS enabled, it is going to cause headaches when going back and forth between Access Points. You can try uninstalling the device and the driver for the Wireless adapter on your machine, which will flush out all previous routing tables, etc,. Then install the best driver available from either the OEM of the laptop or the chipset manufacturer. Make sure that you turn off Device Driver updates in System under Control panel, so that Microsoft Updates does not try and reinstall the wrong drivers again.

There are also third party utilities that allow for better management when going between Public and Private Hotspots. Check majorgeeks.com for them.

bro67, May 11, 2016
  5. dougham Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I'll check Majorgeeks. I use a 3rd party on my Androids so I'd like one on my PC if it's better than the standard windows.

dougham, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WPS "stuck on"?

1. WPS "stuck on"? - Similar Threads - WPS stuck

2. Install WPS Office with CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install WPS Office with CMD: cd path>wps_wid.cid-1022725720.1705362122.exe /s /qnMy need: I want to install this software silently without user inter, but agreement prompt any way.Can anyone help me with this?...
  3. Install WPS Office with CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install WPS Office with CMD: cd path>wps_wid.cid-1022725720.1705362122.exe /s /qnMy need: I want to install this software silently without user inter, but agreement prompt any way.Can anyone help me with this?...
  4. Install WPS Office with CMD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I need to change my old WPS files to Word. How do I do that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to change my old WPS files to Word. How do I do that?: The convert MS Works files to Word link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=12 is giving me an error 404- Not found result....
  6. I need to change my old WPS files to Word. How do I do that?

I need to change my old WPS files to Word. How do I do that?: The convert MS Works files to Word link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=12 is giving me an error 404- Not found result....
  7. When I try to open Xbox on my laptop, it takes me to a ms-wps link.How can I open Xbox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to open Xbox on my laptop, it takes me to a ms-wps link.How can I open Xbox?: What is a ms-wpc link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-xbox-on-my-laptop-it-takes-me/b6fdfdef-55a6-4989-80b7-4936f2ce7167
  8. When I try to open Xbox on my laptop, it takes me to a ms-wps link.How can I open Xbox?

When I try to open Xbox on my laptop, it takes me to a ms-wps link.How can I open Xbox?: What is a ms-wpc link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-xbox-on-my-laptop-it-takes-me/b6fdfdef-55a6-4989-80b7-4936f2ce7167
  9. WPS Office - How is it still in Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WPS Office - How is it still in Microsoft Store?: WPS Office currently behaves like malware. This suite has been around for a while, but the current behaviour is recent.- *RECENTLY* includes cloud storage, what uploads documents to China- *RECENTLY* advertised through website notifications "Do Windows Updates Now"- available...
  10. I just purchased Office from Microsoft.I am stuck with a horrible service WPS I NEED TO GET...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I just purchased Office from Microsoft.I am stuck with a horrible service WPS I NEED TO GET...: SORRY ,THE SUBJET IS A HORRIBLE SERVICE-wps /THEY HAVE TAKEN OVER MY COMPUTER.help help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-purchased-office-from-microsofti-am-stuck/522761fe-9f7b-4aae-addb-d872fa4aa710"