Windows 10: Wrong email entered when setting up pc

Discus and support Wrong email entered when setting up pc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought a computer, and I restored it to factory settings. When I set up my account, I typed my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (forgot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SarahWhite3, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Wrong email entered when setting up pc

I bought a computer, and I restored it to factory settings. When I set up my account, I typed my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (forgot the o in com), and now I am locked out of my computer, because it asks for a password to a wrong email. How do I fix this?

:)

SarahWhite3, Aug 2, 2018

2. Wrong email entered when setting up pc

I bought a computer, and I restored it to factory settings. When I set up my account, I typed my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (forgot the o in com), and now I am locked out of my computer, because it asks for a password to a wrong email. How do I fix this?

SarahWhite3, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Locked out of Windows 10 PC with wrong email account

Hi Blake,

Thank you for the reply. Sorry for the delay.

• What is the complete error message that you see on the screen?
    • Is it showing the wrong email address on the login screen?
    If the wrong email address is showing on the log in screen, then how can reset the password for it. You will be able to reset the password for your account not for the wrong or incorrect email address. Even if you enter an account which does not exist, when
    you set it up on the system it will take it as a Microsoft account and you need to enter the password for it, without that it is not possible to set it up on the system.

If you have any other account on the system try to log into it.

So that the wrong account which you have created can be deleted. If not then you may need to re-install Windows.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Wrong email entered when setting up pc

entered incorrect email add. during setup new laptop

Thank you for the additional information. We suggest that you follow these steps to manage your email profile:

• Open Outlook 2016 app.
    • Click on File.
    • Go to Account settings drop down.
    • Select Account Settings...
    • Go to Email tab.
    • Click Change... Here is where you can manage or edit your email profile.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Wrong email entered when setting up pc

1. Wrong email entered when setting up pc - Similar Threads - Wrong email entered

2. i accidentaly entered wrong email when i was setting up windows and when i want to activate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i accidentaly entered wrong email when i was setting up windows and when i want to activate...: i accidentaly entered wrong email when i was setting up windows and when i want to activate onedrive i cant get verified my email what do you think i should do...
  3. i accidentaly entered wrong email when i was setting up windows and when i want to activate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i accidentaly entered wrong email when i was setting up windows and when i want to activate...: i accidentaly entered wrong email when i was setting up windows and when i want to activate onedrive i cant get verified my email what do you think i should do...
  4. used wrong email setting up windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    used wrong email setting up windows 11: used wrong email setting up windows 11keeps asking to verify but cant wrong email When try to use the correct email says already in use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/used-wrong-email-setting-up-windows-11/41be1467-cf5a-4adc-8507-1b410a2856c7
  5. used wrong email setting up windows 11

used wrong email setting up windows 11: used wrong email setting up windows 11keeps asking to verify but cant wrong email When try to use the correct email says already in use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/used-wrong-email-setting-up-windows-11/41be1467-cf5a-4adc-8507-1b410a2856c7
  6. Wrong email in setting up microsoft account for laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wrong email in setting up microsoft account for laptop: I setup my laptop with new microsoft account but with wrong email which doesn't exist, such as @gmail.com4, now i can't sign in to my laptop.. another option is to sign-in is with security key. Any advice for this problem? Tks.....
  7. Birthdate entered wrong on Set-up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Birthdate entered wrong on Set-up: Setting up a new computer for a friend. After entering logon it asked for birthdate. Got it wrong; if its that important, why doesn't screen ask to verification? The person is reported as 12 years old and not as 64. Every dialog I have been to allows me to change date but...
  8. I entered the wrong email when setting up Microsoft Office program

I entered the wrong email when setting up Microsoft Office program: Hello, I mistakenly put it the wrong email when I was setting up Microsoft Office program onto my father's laptop. I used "@hotmail.com" instead of "@outlook.com" and I didn't realize my mistake until much later since I was still able to go along with the set up. I was...
  9. Signed into wrong account when setting up new PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Signed into wrong account when setting up new PC: I recently built a new PC and had to reset my SSD Windows 10 kept crashing. Afterwards Windows asked me to sign into my existing Microsoft account. I accidentally used the wrong account that was not connected with my purchase of Windows 8 > 10. Now I am stuck unable to...
  10. enter set up key on pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    enter set up key on pc: where do I enter setup key for xbox 360 on my pc in pcsetup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-set-up-key-on-pc/65340142-a53f-4f9e-9ea6-13e7013ab152