Windows 10: Wrong Path for Internet explorer 11 in windows 10

Discus and support Wrong Path for Internet explorer 11 in windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, I was changing my default browser in windows 10 to internet explorer 11. when I choose i.e 11 in the settings box, windows asked me to point... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Sirmaggie, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Sirmaggie Win User

Wrong Path for Internet explorer 11 in windows 10

Hi all,
    I was changing my default browser in windows 10 to internet explorer 11.
    when I choose i.e 11 in the settings box, windows asked me to point to the location of the .exe for ie 11
    Like a muppet I chose the wrong place and now it opens up windows explorer.

How do I change the setting to point to the right place?

Much love

Maggie

:)

Sirmaggie, Oct 25, 2015

2. IE 11 for Windows 10 32 bit

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

If your device is running with Windows 10 32bit, then most probably OS comes with built-in Internet Explorer 11 of 32bit. You can cross check the same by navigating to the below path.

C:\Program Files(x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

If you see different path, please share the same with us to assist you in this regard.

Hope this helps.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 25, 2015
  3. How can I reinstall Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10 ?

How can I reinstall Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10 ?

[Original title: Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10]

LouisePharand Decarie, Oct 25, 2015
Thema:

Wrong Path for Internet explorer 11 in windows 10

1. Wrong Path for Internet explorer 11 in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Wrong Path Internet

2. INTERNET EXPLORER IN WINDOWS 11!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INTERNET EXPLORER IN WINDOWS 11!!!!!!: Dear Microsoft,can you explain this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-in-windows-11/42139590-7cca-4cc3-a4a5-7cbab6981a15
  3. INTERNET EXPLORER IN WINDOWS 11!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INTERNET EXPLORER IN WINDOWS 11!!!!!!: Dear Microsoft,can you explain this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-in-windows-11/42139590-7cca-4cc3-a4a5-7cbab6981a15
  4. Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11: I thought IE 11 was not included on Windows 11 until I tried Adding my Gmail account on Outlook and I got the Message "This Browser or App May Not be Secure", so I clicked Learn More and Internet Explorer Opened. I located the Folder for it in File Explorer. I was just...
  5. Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11: I thought IE 11 was not included on Windows 11 until I tried Adding my Gmail account on Outlook and I got the Message "This Browser or App May Not be Secure", so I clicked Learn More and Internet Explorer Opened. I located the Folder for it in File Explorer. I was just...
  6. Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet explorer 11: Internet explorer is not installed on my devices and icloud will only sync bookmark etc. with this and not the edge browser. Where can I find this download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-11/3fd9abe4-4ce3-42e3-9e63-85a391e39ab9
  7. Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10: I want to install Internet Explorer on my laptop with Windows 10. I tried several times but nothing helps. Who knows how I can install it?...
  8. Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11: I uninstalled IE 11 after it ceased being accessible from my Windows10 laptop. I was not able to reinstall using any method. Is there a fix for this? Scotty...
  9. Wrong path for Windows 10 shell startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong path for Windows 10 shell startup?: I want a program to start automatically at startup. I pressed Windows+R, typed shell:startup and Enter. The Startup folder opened. I created a shortcut on the desktop and copied/paste it into the startup folder. I restarted, but the program did not start automatically as...
  10. Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 problems...

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 problems...: Hi, My IE11 is playing up in that the 'add current tab to favourite' option is greyed out. I've Googled for a solution but without any luck. This morning I reset IE but that has not helped. I've been using Edge but according to the Event Viewer it 'stops working' dozens of...