Windows 10: Wrong path for Windows 10 shell startup?

Discus and support Wrong path for Windows 10 shell startup? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want a program to start automatically at startup. I pressed Windows+R, typed shell:startup and Enter. The Startup folder opened. I created a shortcut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rpjd, May 6, 2018.

1. rpjd Win User

Wrong path for Windows 10 shell startup?

I want a program to start automatically at startup. I pressed Windows+R, typed shell:startup and Enter. The Startup folder opened. I created a shortcut on the desktop and copied/paste it into the startup folder. I restarted, but the program did not start automatically as expected. I opened the startup folder again, and looked at the startup path(without having a reason to). That's when I saw something that didn't look right. The path of the startup folder is/was
    c:/Windows/Users/User/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Word/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Startup
    Why is the startup program list under Word? I didn't put it there!
    Shouldn't it be
    c:/Windows/Users/User/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Startup
    So I changed it to
    c:/Windows/Users/User/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Startup
    Now shell:startup opens
    c:/Windows/Users/User
    How do I get shell:startup to point to
    so I can get the program to start automatically?

:)

rpjd, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Wrong path for Windows 10 shell startup?

1. Wrong path for Windows 10 shell startup? - Similar Threads - Wrong path shell

2. Windows uses file paths the wrong way

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows uses file paths the wrong way: When typing filepaths into, for example, the windows explorer, it automatically messes up the path by replacing the slashes with backward slashes. The same applies to many other applications, like the command prompt. Where can I disable this behavior?...
  3. Windows uses file paths the wrong way

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows uses file paths the wrong way: When typing filepaths into, for example, the windows explorer, it automatically messes up the path by replacing the slashes with backward slashes. The same applies to many other applications, like the command prompt. Where can I disable this behavior?...
  4. power shell terminal pop-up at windows 10 startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power shell terminal pop-up at windows 10 startup: Hello, I have a Dell 15.6 inch touch screen, 2 in 1 laptop with a seventh generation core i7 processor. It runs windows 10 home 21H1. Recently at startup, the terminal window of power shell started to pop-up C:\windows\system32\windows power shell\V1.0\powershell.exe. Nothing...
  5. WIndows 10/startup/wrong pswd

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10/startup/wrong pswd: Helping a friend out, when the computer is turned on and it starts up. It says initially the user name or password is incorrect, try again.Then you click OK, the next screen in the lower left same exact names. the name is in there and it ask for password. You click on the top...
  6. Windows 10 playing wrong startup sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 playing wrong startup sound: I enabled the windows ten startup sound tonight, but on startup it seems to be playing the windows vista/windows 7 sound. Is this normal or can it be fixed?...
  7. List of Startup Paths, Folders and Registry Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    List of Startup Paths, Folders and Registry Settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows holds a lot of places where a program can be placed so that […] This article List of Startup Paths, Folders and Registry Settings in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. command shell at startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    command shell at startup: hey guys, when I boot my pc dekstop doesn't appears after the Windows 10 logo, instead I get a command shell windows which I use to type "explorer.exe" to start the graphic interface How can I resolve? I already tried to put Explorer.exe in the auto start up programs but it...
  9. Wrong Path for Internet explorer 11 in windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Wrong Path for Internet explorer 11 in windows 10: Hi all, I was changing my default browser in windows 10 to internet explorer 11. when I choose i.e 11 in the settings box, windows asked me to point to the location of the .exe for ie 11 Like a muppet I chose the wrong place and now it opens up windows explorer. How do...
  10. Windows 10 Shell

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Shell: Hi everyone! I'm new to the windows 10 forums; I'm an android guy. I installed windows 10 on my T100 tablet and it has been working ok until this morning. The problem began when I tried to open the start menu and nothing happened, I played around with settings, but...