Windows 10: Wrong PDF reader versioning on Firefox

Discus and support Wrong PDF reader versioning on Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have the Add-on Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox V 15.9.20069.28170 installed Firefox keep telling me the Add_on needs to be updated (when check for... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bruno Luong, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Wrong PDF reader versioning on Firefox

I have the Add-on Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox V 15.9.20069.28170 installed

Firefox keep telling me the Add_on needs to be updated (when check for update), but when I install it claims I already have the latest version !

Tracking latest version is not right

:)

Bruno Luong, Oct 19, 2015

2. N8. Anna. PDF reader

I have no problem viewing Office Words document. It can be easily moved around by dragging, pinch and zoom etc.

But with the default PDF reader, it's such a pain to use. Not responsive to drag. Highly resistance to pinch and zoom. Any idea what's wrong or is there a better version of PDF reader for the Anna N8?

Thanks

optiplex330, Oct 19, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Fill in forms

To fill in a PDF form you need PDF reading software. There are many PDF reading applications, however Adobe Acrobat Reader is popular and so is

Foxit Reader

Once Microsoft Edge has been been updated to handle extensions, you'll be able to fill in PDF forms right from your browser. (You'll still need to have PDF reading software.) Until Edge gets support for extensions, you have to download the PDF form and open
    it in your PDF reader to fill it out.

An alternative is use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser, since they do have support for extensions. You still need to have PDF reading software.

Microsoft Edge has started to receive support for extensions in the experimental Insider versions, so it won't be too long before everyone will get it.

BulldogXX, Oct 19, 2015
  4. Wrong PDF reader versioning on Firefox

Not Myself, Oct 20, 2015
Thema:

Wrong PDF reader versioning on Firefox

1. Wrong PDF reader versioning on Firefox - Similar Threads - Wrong PDF reader

2. Pdf reader with layers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pdf reader with layers: Is there a free PDF reader available in the Microsoft store with the ability to turn on and off layers? I have been checking them all and not having any luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-reader-with-layers/72c6765a-8de1-4d69-87f5-0a7aa0c1bd9d
  3. Pdf reader with layers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pdf reader with layers: Is there a free PDF reader available in the Microsoft store with the ability to turn on and off layers? I have been checking them all and not having any luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-reader-with-layers/72c6765a-8de1-4d69-87f5-0a7aa0c1bd9d
  4. Set Firefox as default .pdf reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Firefox as default .pdf reader: I used to use Firefox as my default .pdf reader. Somehow, the default app was changed to Evernote. When I went to Default App Settings for .pdf files, Edge of course, Chrome, and Opera were listed as options but not Firefox. How do I add Firefox as an option for my default...
  5. Set Firefox as default .pdf reader

Set Firefox as default .pdf reader: I used to use Firefox as my default .pdf reader. Somehow, the default app was changed to Evernote. When I went to Default App Settings for .pdf files, Edge of course, Chrome, and Opera were listed as options but not Firefox. How do I add Firefox as an option for my default...
  6. pdf book reader

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    pdf book reader: I am a student and has to read pdf books, underline, highlight and make some notes with help of Pen. In my ipad I was using ibooks for same, but does not know if we have similar app for windows. I dont want to pay 14$ each month to adobe. Is there any such free app which give...
  7. PDF Reader

PDF Reader: Ok so my English textbooks are pdfs. usually I would use Adobe Acrobat Reader, but one of the textbooks is 500+ pages long, and its sooo slow! ive tried edge, chrome, etc, but none of them work because its simply too big! Should I print it?...
  8. PDF Reader

PDF Reader: Looking for a simple pdf reader nothing complicated. I just want it for reading pdf. windows 10 home. simple question I hope. Thank You. David. 124877
  9. Adobe (Pdf) Reader

in Windows 10 Support
    Adobe (Pdf) Reader: Hello, On my pc is installed Adobe pdf reader, it is updated and keeps updating automaticly. Recently when I double click on a pdf document (any), it opens ok, but when I close it by clicking on the X at the upper right corner, it always asks if I want to save the changes I...
  10. Lost PDF reader.

Lost PDF reader.: Doesn't Windows 10 have its own PDF reader? If it does, I can't find it. I downloaded the Adobe Reader, but don't like it. Right clicking on a PDF file only gives me the option to open in Adobe Reader or Edge. 38928