Windows 10: Wrong Program Installation Dates!

Discus and support Wrong Program Installation Dates! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 a week ago. I noticed in Control Panel / Programs & Features that about 30 programs have an "Installed On" date of yesterday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steve C, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

Wrong Program Installation Dates!

I upgraded to Windows 10 a week ago. I noticed in Control Panel / Programs & Features that about 30 programs have an "Installed On" date of yesterday when they were actually installed ages ago and another 20 or so programs have an "Installed On" date of 10 June when I upgraded to Windows 10. The rest on the dates appear to be correct. this also happens on my laptop I did a clean install on a few months ago so it looks like a bug in Windows. It's actually quite irritating since I like to sort my programs by date just to see if anything has been installed recently without my knowledge.

What's going on and why isn't Windows showing the actual installation dates?

:)

Steve C, Jun 19, 2016
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Installed program list - wrong install dates

Hi Terry,

The change in the install dates is tied to the Feature Upgrade when the version 1709 was installed on your computer. This feature is by-design in Windows 10. However, if you want to have the install dates of the program lists retained when performing a feature
    upgrade on Windows 10, we encourage you to submit your query using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item, we gather additional details and information about your issue that will
    help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback
    items.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in
      Cortana
      search, then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring
      (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring
      when you’re done.
    • Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like URL Manager<unique link>).

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Jun 19, 2016
  3. Installed program list - wrong install dates

Is this another consequence of the recent flawed Win 10 update(s)?

In my list of 214 installed programs (Settings > Apps > Apps & Features) about 150 are shown with install dates of 21/1/2018. That's the date I installed version 1709, including buggy KB4056892, which I later uninstalled.

Same wrong data using Revo Uninstaller.

Is it possible to restore that valuable information please?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

terrypinVG, Jun 19, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

You will probably find that yesterday you had a significant W10 update which has reset the dates on a number of your programs.

Look in Reliability History to see what has been going on. (Type reliability in the search box to access this.)

philc43, Jun 19, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    There were no updates yesterday. These installation dates were fixed in Windows 8.1 so why do they keep changing in Windows 10?

Steve C, Jun 19, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    I don't know but I've noticed that there is a match between the Installed on date and the date of the program file folder in either the 64bit or 32bit program folders. Could you have something that is changing the date of these folders?

philc43, Jun 19, 2016
  7. Steve C Win User
    No the owning folder and program .exe file dates are the original installation dates. It's a mystery why they appear as a different date in Programs & Features. Other people are also having problems - see Programs installed on date keep changing

Steve C, Jun 20, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

Is there a way of rescanning and resetting the "Installed On" dates to fix this problem?

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wrong Program Installation Dates! - Similar Threads - Wrong Program Installation

2. Wrong installed on date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong installed on date: Hi,I resetted my PC earlier and noticed that the installed on date is said to be in 2525 screenshot below. I was wondering if that is a problem, for example will this affect finding new updates from windows update ? Note that when I resetted my pc the date was set for 2525...
  3. Wrong installed on date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong installed on date: Hi,I resetted my PC earlier and noticed that the installed on date is said to be in 2525 screenshot below. I was wondering if that is a problem, for example will this affect finding new updates from windows update ? Note that when I resetted my pc the date was set for 2525...
  4. Wrong installed on date

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. wrong app install date in windows 11

wrong app install date in windows 11: Hey today i upgrade from win 10 to 11 but now if i go to apps and features it shows wrong app install date. I upgrade window on 5 october 2021 but in apps and features the apps install date shows 6 October 2021. How's this even possible. And I didn't download any app but it...
  6. Date and Time is wrong

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Date and Time is wrong: My date and time is wrong and I cant seem to fix it. I have it set to set automatic time and time zone but it sets it to pacific time when I am central. It shows its 2 hours behind. I would set it manually but then I have trouble with programs not working correctly as the...
  7. WRONG DATE

in Windows 10 Customization
    WRONG DATE: Hey :) What can I do, if some Computers show up the wrong date? they are connected with internet and to ure servers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/wrong-date/03bd42ab-edf3-4097-82db-2c517b71bfd9
  8. Installed Program Dates Have Changed?

Installed Program Dates Have Changed?: I noticed the installation dates of about 12 programs and drivers have been changed to 24/12/15 in Control Panel / Programs & Features (see screen shot). I haven't made any changes and Reliability Monitor does not show any automatic updates. The programs still work. What...
  9. Installed programs - wrong install dates

Installed programs - wrong install dates: Is this another consequence of the recent flawed Win 10 update(s)? In my list of 214 installed programs (Settings > Apps > Apps & Features) about 150 are shown with install dates of 21/1/2018. That's the date I installed version 1709, including buggy KB4056892 which I've...
  10. Programs installed on date keep changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs installed on date keep changing: In add/remove programs I noticed 3 different times this happened, like 8 random programs install date will jump to the current date even though they had been installed for weeks already. It's not really causing any issues, just curious whats causing it to happen. I tried...