Windows 10: Wrong screen resolution

Discus and support Wrong screen resolution in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I've just updated my home PC to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. I have an ASUS VS239 HR monitor with a true resolution of 1920 x 1080. VS239HR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Paul J, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Paul J Win User

Wrong screen resolution

Hi,

I've just updated my home PC to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. I have an ASUS VS239 HR monitor with a true resolution of 1920 x 1080.

VS239HR | Monitors | ASUS Global

Unfortunately the only screen resolution option for my PC that appears in the Windows 10 control panel is 1024 x 768 which means that all writing on the screen is huge. How can I change the resolution? (I'm not a technical wizard, so apologies if this is obvious!)

Thanks in advance,

Paul

:)

Paul J, Aug 5, 2015

2. Wrong screen resolution with windows 10

Excellent tip. I got back to the best resolution. I was stuck at 1280 and now back at 19++. Thanks

Claude-Jean Dumas, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Aimewow Win User
    Wrong screen resolution with windows 10

This is a joke. I can't update my drivers. The windows 10 update has made everything unable to be processed, which means I can't update the drivers to fix the problems the update caused.

Aimewow, Aug 5, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Wrong screen resolution

Sounds like you need to install the video driver for your graphics card/chip.

NavyLCDR, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Paul J Win User
    Thanks - where would I be able to find this?

Paul J, Aug 5, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Look in Device manager under Display Adapter,any yellow exclamation points under this device ? Left click to open, see what it show there, let us know first.

This is basics of changing the resolution, but first need to know brand Display adapter you have.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

jds63, Aug 5, 2015
  7. Paul J Win User
    Yes, there is a yellow exclamation mark under Display Adapter. It's listed as an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti.

I left clicked on the item in Device Manager as advised, and the device status said: 'This device cannot work properly until you have restarted your computer. (Code 14)

You need to restart your computer before the changes that you made to this device will take effect.

Click Restart Computer to restart your computer.'

So is it simply a case of rebooting the PC?

Paul J, Aug 5, 2015
  8. Paul J Win User

Wrong screen resolution

Fine - I restarted the computer and the problem with the wrong screen resolution has been solved. The correct resolution of 1920 x 1080 is now displayed. Thanks to everyone for their help!

Paul J, Aug 5, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Glad it worked, did not know how long been since you did the upgrade either Windows 10 had downloaded the driver from NVIDIA . Once i knew could of directed you to site for it, but it's done now, if any further help can ask here or resolve the post

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wrong screen resolution

1. Wrong screen resolution - Similar Threads - Wrong screen resolution

2. Wrong screen resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wrong screen resolution: Hello! I have an old laptop HP mini 210 1100 with wrong screen size. I updated display and video drivers. I have correct settings for screen resolution and text size, but I have an image is bigger than screen everywhere, include BIOS. Any ideas? Thank you!...
  3. Wrong screen resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong screen resolution: Hello! I have an old laptop HP mini 210 1100 with wrong screen size. I updated display and video drivers. I have correct settings for screen resolution and text size, but I have an image is bigger than screen everywhere, include BIOS. Any ideas? Thank you!...
  4. Wrong screen resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wrong Display Resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wrong Display Resolution: TLDR: Windows 10 won't show proper display resolution. 1920x1080 resolution shows up and shows applied, but is not actually applied. Google Search not helping. OG: Windows 10 will not display 1080p resolution and I am at a loss for what to do. I have uninstalled and...
  6. Displaying in Wrong Resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Displaying in Wrong Resolution: I have a monitor which displays 1440x900 but when I go into settings to try to change the resolution, it only gives me a few options, non of which are the correct resolution. This results in an incorrect aspect ratio and stretching. I've tried uninstalling the display adapter...
  7. wrong native resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    wrong native resolution: After i formatted pc, i have wrong native resolution in win 10. before formatting everything is good. I have already updated drivers too. I have done everything i could already but nothing works. native resolution is stuck in 1024 x 768 when its supposed to be 1366 x 768 158679
  8. Screen resolution wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen resolution wrong: I was playing Jurassic World: Evolution when all of a sudden my screen became far too zoomed in, becoming 1024x768 instead of what I assume to be 1920x1080, so I quit the game, and went to find a way to fix it. There was no option to switch it back to 1920x1080, so I had to...
  9. Intermittent wrong screen resolution at boot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intermittent wrong screen resolution at boot: This has only started happening recently - every few boots, the screen choice between Windows 10 and XP appears with the wrong resolution. The image is small on the screen. If I select Windows 10, the full boot sequence continues with that resolution. However, if I select...
  10. Wrong Screen Resolution.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Wrong Screen Resolution.: I have a R9 290 Graphics card and on Windows 7 I could use the 1920x1080 resolution no problem but on Windows 10 the screen is now larger than my actual monitor, as if my screen is enlarged. Anyone know whats up with this? I've tried changing resolution and went through them...