Windows 10: Wrong time displayed in Windows 10

Discus and support Wrong time displayed in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home version 1607 build 14393.321, installed on my Lenovo Z51-70 80K6. My displayed time is always 2h behind. The time is set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by emyjoe, Oct 16, 2016.

1. emyjoe Win User

Wrong time displayed in Windows 10

I have Windows 10 Home version 1607 build 14393.321, installed on my Lenovo Z51-70 80K6.
    My displayed time is always 2h behind.
    The time is set to sync automatically.
    The time zone is set to UTC+1 Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna.
    Daylight savings time is set to adjust automatically.
    The internet time server is set to be: pool.ntp.org. I also had the same issue also when it was syncing to time.microsoft.com, so this is not a server problem.
    If I sync the time manually it will display the correct time, though it switches back to the wrong time when I restart it and I have to sync it manually every time.
    I already tried using services.msc and setting Windows Time to automatic, but it didn't solve this issue.
    I have dual boot Windows 10 - Ubuntu 16.04. In Ubuntu time is correct. So this is not a hardware problem, it's a Windows 10 bug.
    Prior to installing Ubuntu I had the same time issue, so it's not the case that the Ubuntu installation messed up.
    Example: it's 20:40 right now, but it displays 18:38, unless I sync it manually every time.
    Date is correct.
    How do I solve this? Have I missed any information?

:)

emyjoe, Oct 16, 2016
  2. emyjoe Win User

Wrong time displayed in Windows 10 version 1607

I have Windows 10 Home, version 1607, build 14393.321, installed on my Lenovo Z51-70 80K6.

My displayed time is always 2h behind.

The time is set to sync automatically.

The time zone is set to UTC+1 Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna.

Daylight savings time is set to adjust automatically.

The internet time server is set to be: pool.ntp.org. I also had the same issue also when it was syncing to
    time.microsoft.com, so this is not the problem.

If I sync the time manually it will display the correct time, though it switches back to the wrong time when I restart it and I have to sync it manually every time.

I already tried using services.msc and setting Windows Time to automatic, but it didn't work.

I have dual boot Windows 10 - Ubuntu 16.04. In Ubuntu time is correct. So this is not a hardware problem, it's a Windows 10 bug.

Prior to installing Ubuntu I had the same time issue, so it's not the case that the Ubuntu installation messed up.

Example: it's 12:18 right now, but it displays 10:18, unless I sync it manually every time.

Date is correct.

How do I solve this? Have I missed any information?

emyjoe, Oct 16, 2016
  3. Wrong time displayed in Windows 10 version 1607

Hi,

We suggest that you adjust the date and time in the BIOS setup. If the issue persists, we advise you that you contact the manufacturer.

Regards.

Patricia Yu, Oct 16, 2016
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Check to make sure the BIOS also has the correct time. Your notebook should have instructions on how to enter the BIOS.

And no, it is not a Windows 10 (bug) issue.

sygnus21, Oct 16, 2016
  5. emyjoe Win User
    @signus21 yes the BIOS does have the correct time.

Well, I had this problem ever since I got this PC, that is a few days ago. Being the PC brand new, I exclude the fact that the CMOS battery ran out. Moreover, I had this issue prior to dual booting and, therefore, also exclude Ubuntu as a cause. Please correct me if my assumptions are wrong.

By the way I found a solution to my issue in another forum where they directed me to this wiki. I put the links so other users in my situation can hopefully solve this ussue. I fixed the registry as suggested adding a QWORD (for 64-bit system) with value 1. More info on the procedure in the link to the wiki. Now time is fine both in Windows and Ubuntu.
    I am now marking this thread as solved. *Party

emyjoe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Wrong time displayed in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Wrong displayed

2. Phone Link displays wrong device background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link displays wrong device background: Previously, when I opened Phone Link from my PC my smartphone displayed in the top left corner as my phones pink swirl background. I was having some issues with several popups on my PC to connect my smartphone; eventhough, it was already connected and working, so I decided to...
  3. Phone Link displays wrong device background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link displays wrong device background: Previously, when I opened Phone Link from my PC my smartphone displayed in the top left corner as my phones pink swirl background. I was having some issues with several popups on my PC to connect my smartphone; eventhough, it was already connected and working, so I decided to...
  4. Wrong vertical resolution on maximized windows after display resolution change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong vertical resolution on maximized windows after display resolution change: Hi! I recently bought a new 4k display and my scaling is set to 200%. As previously, my scaling is performed on GPU that's how it was always set in Nvidia Control Panel for best image quality. So each time i launch a full screen game which runs a lower resolution for example...
  5. Wrong vertical resolution on maximized windows after display resolution change

Wrong vertical resolution on maximized windows after display resolution change: Hi! I recently bought a new 4k display and my scaling is set to 200%. As previously, my scaling is performed on GPU that's how it was always set in Nvidia Control Panel for best image quality. So each time i launch a full screen game which runs a lower resolution for example...
  6. Windows 11 displaying WRONG GPS META data info on photography files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 displaying WRONG GPS META data info on photography files: The GPS location Longitude and latitude and date / time of day is interpreted incorrectly in windows 11. This works properly in Windows 10. Please refer to the attached screenshot.Can you please advise what the fix is here?...
  7. Windows 11 displaying WRONG GPS META data info on photography files

Windows 11 displaying WRONG GPS META data info on photography files: The GPS location Longitude and latitude and date / time of day is interpreted incorrectly in windows 11. This works properly in Windows 10. Please refer to the attached screenshot.Can you please advise what the fix is here?...
  8. Wrong name is displayed when sending an email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong name is displayed when sending an email: This is a question already asked by someone in 2020, but looks like there was no answer...I have the SAME ISSUE. I use windows MAIL. It has 2 gmail accounts. However when I send an email from my own account, it shows my husbands name -- this is the other gmail account. All...
  9. Wrong name is displayed when sending an email

Wrong name is displayed when sending an email: This is a question already asked by someone in 2020, but looks like there was no answer...I have the SAME ISSUE. I use windows MAIL. It has 2 gmail accounts. However when I send an email from my own account, it shows my husbands name -- this is the other gmail account. All...
  10. Windows Spotlight displaying wrong search text and link on Lock Screen

Windows Spotlight displaying wrong search text and link on Lock Screen: Has anybody else noticed that when Windows Spotlight is being used for the Lock Screen, the search text in the middle of the screen and in the top left corner is referring to the wrong image? Since around 6 November 2023, the search text in the middle of the screen has...