Windows 10: Wrong time switching to correct on wakeup

Discus and support Wrong time switching to correct on wakeup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I wake my Windows 10 anniversary version from sleep, frequently (not always) the time that appears is several hours off and then without my doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Curious, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Curious Win User

Wrong time switching to correct on wakeup

When I wake my Windows 10 anniversary version from sleep, frequently (not always) the time that appears is several hours off and then without my doing anything it quickly switches to the correct time.

Is this normal? Could it be an early warning about my cmos battery?

Thanks.

:)

Curious, Oct 9, 2016

2. Time appears incorrectly (correct time but wrong appearance)

Hey y'all.

This morning I had a severe problem on booting of my computer and after several minutes it got to function properly. Now, while the date appears normal as it should (13.02.18.), the time appears somewhat unusual (example: 10:39am appears as
    N\4PV. Here is even proof below:

Wrong time switching to correct on wakeup [​IMG]

How do I fix this issue? When I open the calendar the long time appears properly, and even the short time appears normally when I insert a timestamp on Notepad (F5).

Any help is appreciated.

guyisbackable, Oct 9, 2016
  3. Aera Rua Win User
    Time appears incorrectly (correct time but wrong appearance)

Hi,

This can happen if the Taskbar was not refreshed for a long time. To resolve your concern, we recommend that you reset the Taskbar by following the steps below:

• Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC key to open Task Manager.
    • On the Processes tab, look for Windows Explorer.
    • Right-click Windows Explorer, then click Restart.
    • Wait for File Explorer to restart and see if Taskbar starts working again. Let us know if this method works for you.

Refreshing the taskbar from time to time will prevent encountering this type of issue moving forward.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Aera Rua, Oct 9, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Gosh, yes it could be a CMOS warning sign. Your date&time widget is probably contacting a designated time server sometime after startup/wakeup, and correcting the erroneous system time value. The simplest explanation for that discrepancy is indeed a failing or underpowered/performing CMOS battery.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 10, 2016
  5. Curious Win User
    Thank you. I will quickly read how to backup the cmos settings and then how to change the battery.

Curious, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Wrong time switching to correct on wakeup - Similar Threads - Wrong switching correct

2. File explorer time stamp for files is wrong, though the time on pc is correct.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer time stamp for files is wrong, though the time on pc is correct.: The timestamp on my docs is wrong, though my PC has the right time. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-time-stamp-for-files-is-wrong-though/e757c306-1883-49f2-b798-84b2da2e4638
  3. File explorer time stamp for files is wrong, though the time on pc is correct.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer time stamp for files is wrong, though the time on pc is correct.: The timestamp on my docs is wrong, though my PC has the right time. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-time-stamp-for-files-is-wrong-though/e757c306-1883-49f2-b798-84b2da2e4638
  4. File explorer time stamp for files is wrong, though the time on pc is correct.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Auto Time Zone correct, but time is wrong - even when sync with time server

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Auto Time Zone correct, but time is wrong - even when sync with time server: Hello, I live in Belgium, time zone UTC+1 Brussels settings screenshot below. Windows detects the correct time zone, but the time is not correct! It is 1 hour behind. So below in the screenshot, it says "07:48" while it's actually 08:48. I'm working with gmail and the e-mail...
  6. Time displayed is wrong even though time zone is correct.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Time displayed is wrong even though time zone is correct.: So I bought the HP Pavilion, and the time is just fucked up. I am certain I selected the correct time zone, but the time is wrong. I've tried to just manually set the time, but whenever I shut the laptop down and turn it on again, the time would refuck itself. I've even tried...
  7. Time zone is correct, but Time is wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time zone is correct, but Time is wrong: The automatic time zone in Vilnius, Lithuania is UTC +3 hrs. This is accurate during daylight savings time. However, the time displayed on the clock is wrong. Interestingly, Windows is not the only source that gets this wrong. The website Time Difference lists the time as...
  8. time wrong, while time zone is correct.

in Windows 10 Support
    time wrong, while time zone is correct.: Every boot my computer's clock is 7 hours fast. The time zone is correctly set to UTC -08:00 I have set it to synchronize with time.windows.com as well as time.nist.com, to similar results. When clicking the "update now" button I get the error: "An error occurred while...
  9. Time correct but date often wrong

in Windows 10 Support
    Time correct but date often wrong: I have a brand-new computer with a clean install of Win 10 which I've been using for about 10 days now. While the system time is always correct, every couple of days when I boot the system the date will be off by a day or two, usually ahead. I have reset the date in the BIOS...
  10. Windows 10 gives the wrong time but is set to the correct time zone

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 gives the wrong time but is set to the correct time zone: Hello, Yesterday I installed Windows 10 Professional on my Acer Aspire V5-573G laptop. I installed the English (US) version even though I live in the Netherlands. When I corrected the time I have set it to the correct timezone (see screenshot) but it has the wrong time...