Windows 10: Wrong version of Windows 10

Discus and support Wrong version of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have installed Windows 10 build 10.130 Pro. I should have installed another version, I am upgrading from Windows 7 Home Premium Dutch. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by henk41948, Jul 26, 2015.

1. henk41948 Win User

Wrong version of Windows 10

Hello,

I have installed Windows 10 build 10.130 Pro. I should have installed another version, I am upgrading from Windows 7 Home Premium Dutch. I would like the stay at Dutch. At this moment it seems impossible to activate my Windows 10/ I presume because I have made wrong edition of Windows 10.
    No problem for me to do a new clean installation, but anyone idea where I can find the correct ISO file?
    Thanks

:)

henk41948, Jul 26, 2015

2. Wrong version of windows 10 activation

Hi GrayFisher, I am Rob, a volunteer and a 10 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting and Bluescreen analysis. Please remember as volunteers we are not responsible for the development of Windows or the computer hardware and drivers.

The only solution is to Clean Install Home. You can make new media as indicated below.

If you do a Clean Install then it would be activated with the Digital Entitlement that was indicated by the troubleshooter.

How to Prepare Bootable Install Media for Windows 10 - DVD, USB or SD Card

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Start fresh with a clean installation of Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Clean Install Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jul 26, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 26, 2015
  4. Wrong version of Windows 10

That's because MS has (1) turned off the activation servers for Win10, and (2) disabled all the Windows Insider keys. This will continue to be the case until the 29th, after which (presumably), activation will be turned on again, and Insider keys will work again (possibly, new keys might be required).

Mark Phelps, Jul 26, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    Do we know what time the servers will be turned on for 29th?

swarfega, Jul 26, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    MS has not said and it could be some time after the 29th.. but no one knows except MS and they're not saying.

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Wrong version of Windows 10

1. Wrong version of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Wrong version

2. Windows Assistant loaded the wrong version of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Assistant loaded the wrong version of Windows 11: I upgraded my pc that was running a licensed version Windows 10 Pro. I upgraded the motherboard, so this voided the activation of my version of Window. Not happy with this, but I understand. So, I purchased another copy of Windows from the Microsoft app store. I purchased...
  3. Windows Assistant loaded the wrong version of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Assistant loaded the wrong version of Windows 11: I upgraded my pc that was running a licensed version Windows 10 Pro. I upgraded the motherboard, so this voided the activation of my version of Window. Not happy with this, but I understand. So, I purchased another copy of Windows from the Microsoft app store. I purchased...
  4. Entered wrong user name after updating version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Entered wrong user name after updating version: Am using windows 10, system upgrade has done recently after updating system, I entered username wrong, I tried to open with password but now it's showing failed multiple attempts,now it's disabled,sign in from other login it is showing,i don't have backup for my data, will u...
  5. Entered wrong user name after updating version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entered wrong user name after updating version: Am using windows 10, system upgrade has done recently after updating system, I entered username wrong, I tried to open with password but now it's showing failed multiple attempts,now it's disabled,sign in from other login it is showing,i don't have backup for my data, will u...
  6. Entered wrong user name after updating version

7. upgraded mb and installed wrong version of win 10 need steps to fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgraded mb and installed wrong version of win 10 need steps to fix: had to upgrade my mb due to crash reinstalled win 10 pro instead of win home edition couldn't activate windows need steps to revert back to win 10 home edition and activate windows...
  8. upgraded mb and installed wrong version of win 10 need steps to fix

upgraded mb and installed wrong version of win 10 need steps to fix: had to upgrade my mb due to crash reinstalled win 10 pro instead of win home edition couldn't activate windows need steps to revert back to win 10 home edition and activate windows...
  9. upgraded mb and installed wrong version of win 10 need steps to fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Recovery reset installs wrong version of Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recovery reset installs wrong version of Windows: My girlfriend had some issues with her computer so we opted for a reinstall of windows using the recovery reset option, the issues she had dissapeared but now it turns out the reinstall changed her windows version from Home to Enterprise which we are now unable to activate....