Windows 10: WS2016 Setup Domain Controller reverts to Auto IP address

Discus and support WS2016 Setup Domain Controller reverts to Auto IP address in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Not a power user by any means. After following the tutorial here: Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller ....and restarting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MonarkeIV, Aug 26, 2017.

1. MonarkeIV Win User

WS2016 Setup Domain Controller reverts to Auto IP address

Not a power user by any means.

After following the tutorial here:

Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller
    ....and restarting the server, an error popped up that there is no internet connection. However opening a browser did connect to yahoo.com and a search called up many listings. Clicking on a link produced nothing. Thinking that maybe it might be a bad idea, I allowed Windows to repair the connection after it showed that there was no DHCP connection.

After Windows made this fix, the domain name and, ip addresses. It had reverted back too I "Obtain and IP address automatically".. I suspected this might happen as this is a home network, and the U-Verse router decides what the IP addresses shall be.

Still thinking I did something wrong or left something out of the process.

:)

MonarkeIV, Aug 26, 2017

2. Win 10 keeps changing my printer static IP port to WSD, already turned off windows printer management

I have turned that off and that doesn't help I have to go in printer ports and manually check the static ip address port everytime and it may last a week or two then it will revert back. I only have this problem on a peer to peer network. On all my domain
    networks this isn't a problem.

Prestonprevatt, Aug 26, 2017
  3. hollis_f Win User
    N97 - DNS settings anywhere?

Trying to setup WiFi access, but I need to tell the N97 which Domain Name Servers and IP address to use . As far as I can tell these aren't configuarble. Anybody know if I'm wrong there - or of any third-party apps that may help?

hollis_f, Aug 26, 2017
Thema:

WS2016 Setup Domain Controller reverts to Auto IP address

1. WS2016 Setup Domain Controller reverts to Auto IP address - Similar Threads - WS2016 Setup Domain

2. Auto fetching DNS & Gateway IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto fetching DNS & Gateway IP address: Team,When users connect from home they connect to their respective wireless network & they are able to connect to internet accordingly however after connecting at home, in case they come & connect to wireless network in office it is not getting connected to the wireless...
  3. Auto fetching DNS & Gateway IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto fetching DNS & Gateway IP address: Team,When users connect from home they connect to their respective wireless network & they are able to connect to internet accordingly however after connecting at home, in case they come & connect to wireless network in office it is not getting connected to the wireless...
  4. Auto fetching DNS & Gateway IP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change IP Address of Domain Controller

in Windows 10 News
    How to change IP Address of Domain Controller: [ATTACH]As an IT administrator, you may be faced with the challenge of how to change the IP address of a Domain Controller on your network. The DC is a mission-critical IT infrastructure, you may be looking for best practices on how you can accomplish this task — this post...
  6. IP Address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IP Address: Is there a static IP address for login.microsoftonline.com. Our tools are using Azure Active Directory to authenticate users and our customers have firewall to filter unwanted traffic. I don't see a static IP address for login.microsoftonline.com to allow it through the...
  7. Using Multiple IP Addresses in a Domain Network

Using Multiple IP Addresses in a Domain Network: I added a second network adapter and an IP address to the new adapter in Windows 10 Build 2004. I now have the primary Routable on the first adapter and alternate IP addresses peer-to-peer on a second network adapter. The client sometimes think that it's not on a Domain...
  8. IP Address.

IP Address.: How do I find the IP address of mu computer (running W10)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/00092bb2-a514-4914-9938-3ca553c4e29a
  9. IP Address

in Windows 10 Customization
    IP Address: How do I find the IP address of my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/2bb05fc1-6350-45a4-bd4d-fdd5a278655e
  10. IP Address

IP Address: How can I find my IP Address on facebook as I thank someone has tried to hack my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/ip-address/4bba95ea-7fb3-4096-ae5e-95e62cbee6c2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 ethernet adapter reverts to automatic address

2. windows 10 reverts to automatic ipv4 address