Windows 10: Wsl Not installing ubuntu

Discus and support Wsl Not installing ubuntu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; one year ago i installed ubuntu and deleted is now i needed to install ubuntu wsl is not installing I have tried all the methods and deleted and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EditingHero, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Wsl Not installing ubuntu

one year ago i installed ubuntu and deleted is now i needed to install ubuntu wsl is not installing I have tried all the methods and deleted and reinstalled it many time but nothing happen I have reinstalled windows in new partition and tried to get wsl files and ext4.vdhx but it also didn't work I've tried enabling hyper v and hypervision platform and installing virtualization try disabling windows malicious securityand also linux subsystem but noting works my current status ubuntu is not showing installed even when i tried command then also I have tried all the distribution it is in

:)

EditingHero, Feb 26, 2024

2. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

Getting error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

Wsl Not installing ubuntu 2919454b-06d0-4c7b-bbc2-d87ccc4b45f3?upload=true.png

I have installed this by command-> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04

sonalmathur, Feb 26, 2024
  3. I_Meow Win User
    wsl installation nightmare

Hello. wsl is commandline perfered. I do not think it has a GUI. The issue maybe that windows terminal is crashing or powershell. For wsl use the command line Win+R C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

cmd.exe wsl

wsl --list --online

wsl --install -d Ubuntu --web-download

wsl --stats

bash

sudo apt install blahblah

exit

exit

Usally you can just go in the MSstore and click install on Ubuntu ect.

no dns required.

Other options: Viurtal box Or use a live USB Ubunti.iso but dont install.

I_Meow, Feb 26, 2024
  4. Wsl Not installing ubuntu

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

Wsl Not installing ubuntu

1. Wsl Not installing ubuntu - Similar Threads - Wsl installing ubuntu

2. Wsl Not installing ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wsl Not installing ubuntu: one year ago i installed ubuntu and deleted is now i needed to install ubuntu wsl is not installing I have tried all the methods and deleted and reinstalled it many time but nothing happen I have reinstalled windows in new partition and tried to get wsl files and ext4.vdhx...
  3. WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2: Hi! I did a clean install of Win 11 Pro yesterday. I did Windows update and I'm current.I tried to use WSL and install Ubuntu 22.04 with the new GUI. I'm a developer and this is the reason I went to Windows 11!When I install from the store it dies while unpacking with a...
  4. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.: Getting error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.I have installed this by command-> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-on-installing-wsl-with-ubuntu/d0dc0832-03be-47c3-838d-f19aa97ebbdf
  5. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.: Getting error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.I have installed this by command-> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-on-installing-wsl-with-ubuntu/d0dc0832-03be-47c3-838d-f19aa97ebbdf
  6. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20

Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20: I am running WSL version 1. I am trying to install mingw-w64, but it says it is unable to locate the package. How can I install this? I am running 1909. 183850
  8. Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20: I am running WSL version 1. I am trying to install mingw-w64, but it says it is unable to locate the package. How can I install this? I am running 1909. 183850
  9. WSL/Ubuntu Install on Citrix VDI

WSL/Ubuntu Install on Citrix VDI: Hi, We're looking to install WSL and Ubuntu on our VDIs and I'm running into issues. I was wanting to check if anyone has successfully got this working? Our environment:AppLayering with PVS.The layers have internet access but the VDIs don't.FSLogix is used for profile...
  10. WSL 2 Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSL 2 Ubuntu: Hello Sir/Ma'am, I'm using Windows Subsystem for linux version 2 to use Ubuntu and recently I've found out that my Ubuntu terminal is not giving any output when I type "Who" command. Can anybody help me? Thank you....