Windows 10: WSUS Client cannot install Windows 10 version 1803.

Discus and support WSUS Client cannot install Windows 10 version 1803. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, Hope someone can help me with my current issue. All my client machines are getting the error message below and can't install the Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JeffreyWee, Aug 6, 2018.

1. WSUS Client cannot install Windows 10 version 1803.

Hi All,

Hope someone can help me with my current issue. All my client machines are getting the error message below and can't install the Windows 10 version 1803.
    Feature update to Windows 10 (consumer editions), version 1803, en-us
    Event reported at 2/08/2018 12:08 a.m.:
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8000ffff: Feature update to Windows 10 (consumer editions), version 1803, en-us.

When I remove some client machine it manage to install the latest update.
    I have already add the .esd mimetype but still getting the same error.

:)

JeffreyWee, Aug 6, 2018

2. WSUS clients are not able to get an updates. WSUS is reporting different version of client.

Hello guys,

We have issues across our company that 1709 users with Windows 10 are not getting updates from our WSUS server (2012 R2).

We tried known hot fixes such as deleting SoftwareDistribution folder, forcing service to stop and run again, manually find updates, restarting clients, restarting WSUS, downloading all avaiable updates
    for WSUS, run diag tool downloaded from Microsoft on clients but nothing helps.

We are also tried to run new 2016 WSUS server but situation did not changed. I think maybe problem is in client version 1709?

Windows 10 1709 (16299.309) (WSUS is reporting 10.0.16299.248)

Windows 2016 (14393.2125)

We have around 150 clients with this issue.

Issues:

1. WSUS server is reporting that clients need updates but clients are not getting any.

2. Some clients are not reporting back but they are reachable. (F.E. Last report 25.2.2018)

3. When we are connected remotely to client PC and run WU manually, WU is telling us that PC has all needed updates and none are available.

4. We can see different version in WSUS than client's version really is (agent version - maybe this is the issue?)

I hope my description is enough, I saw many forums / users / companies are dealing with same issue but there is not a fix for this yet and also I did not saw a thread on Microsoft about this exact problem
    yet. I am already googling this for 3 days...

Thanks for answering,

Best regards

Ondrej

Rudek Ondřej, Aug 6, 2018
  3. MikeV5 Win User
    WSUS clients are not able to get an updates. WSUS is reporting different version of client.

Just noticed that:

Any clients that have quit reporting and failed to play nice with WSUS have both of these security rollups:

KB4093108

KB4093118

The clients that work fine do not have the above patches installed. It is the same regardless if they are Win-7, Win2008 server, or Win-10.

My WSUS server only serves up about 69 clients and 23 of them started experiencing the issue around the same time that the above patches were installed. Being that they are roll-ups, they can't be uninstalled.

Not a happy camper with MS and WSUS right now.

MikeV5, Aug 6, 2018
  4. WSUS Client cannot install Windows 10 version 1803.

WSUS not working want to remove client computers from dependency on WSUS

My server SBS2011 is not repairable in terms of WSUS. I inherited this system and am not sure the disks to reinstall are available. I have given up on SBS2011 especially WSUS 3.0. Seems to me my best option is to divorce my client computers from WSUS
    control. I have only four client computers and they are on Windows 10. I read an interesting technet blog about Windows peer client update for the local network, but it does not tell me how to divorce WSUS on the server. The client computers do not allow
    me an option to turn off server WSUS control. They simply give me the message "Some features are managed by your organization" on the Advance Settings page for updates.

There are no options for divorcing WSUS on the client. On the server management console the Updates option crashes. I have turned off WSUS services.

Please do not try to tell me to fix WSUS. It is not repairable trust me, nothing has worked. We can not upgrade to the Server Essentials 2016 because our hardware does not support certain new core functions required. Plus, my research of documentation
    indicates 2016 does not support Windows 10 clients which I find odd. Previously I had found a modification to add Windows 10 clients to SBS2011.

I find that Windows is getting harder to manage with it's restrictive option control. I would have liked the option on the client to go directly to windows update. Why doesn't the client recognize that WSUS is off or broken on the server and present me
    with the option to go to Windows Update. With Windows being so vulnerable to attack, I need those updates.

Thanks for your help. You get points if you provide a solution.

CharlesDillinger, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

WSUS Client cannot install Windows 10 version 1803.

1. WSUS Client cannot install Windows 10 version 1803. - Similar Threads - WSUS Client cannot

2. WSUS cannot show latest version of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSUS cannot show latest version of Windows: Hi all,I have a WSUS Server, It still running normally but cannot show latest version of Windows. Example attach file: this machine has been upgrade from Windows 10 Pro version 1903 to Windows 10 Pro version 22H2 but the WSUS Server only show build number 19041 2004. It makes...
  3. WSUS cannot show latest version of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSUS cannot show latest version of Windows: Hi all,I have a WSUS Server, It still running normally but cannot show latest version of Windows. Example attach file: this machine has been upgrade from Windows 10 Pro version 1903 to Windows 10 Pro version 22H2 but the WSUS Server only show build number 19041 2004. It makes...
  4. WSUS cannot show latest version of Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update Windows Client in the company using WSUS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Windows Client in the company using WSUS: I got one:Microsoft Windows Server 2019 StandardInstalled WSUSversion 10.0.17763.1 I would like to use it to update the user's windows machines in our company. But since we have a lot of users, I don't know how can I do this activity regularly, without using the bandwidth too...
  6. windows 10 client reports not applicable to WSUS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 client reports not applicable to WSUS: Dear Community,I have a strange problem here.I have a WSUS running since years and all works fine in the past. Since some month all clients report "not applicatble" to WSUS for all needed updates. I tried a lot of WSUS fixes but nothing helps.If I look at the clients I see,...
  7. windows 10 client reports not applicable to WSUS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 client reports not applicable to WSUS: Dear Community,I have a strange problem here.I have a WSUS running since years and all works fine in the past. Since some month all clients report "not applicatble" to WSUS for all needed updates. I tried a lot of WSUS fixes but nothing helps.If I look at the clients I see,...
  8. windows 10 client reports not applicable to WSUS

9. WSUS clients not reporting in

WSUS clients not reporting in: Hi, I'm struggling to figure out why my wsus clients aren't reporting in on a regular basis. They seem to only report in if I execute a manual check for updates on the device itself. I have the following GPO set, I'm not sure what else I'm missing. Computer...
  10. WSUS Client on Windows 1607 not seeing updates to 1803

WSUS Client on Windows 1607 not seeing updates to 1803: Hello, This is my first post here, well first ever post that I was not able to solve with searching. At my organization we have workstations and a WSUS server that is not connected to the internet. We have two machines that were able to receive the windows 1803 update....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 0x8000ffff durring upgrade 1803 from wsus

2. windows 10 (consumer editions) version 1809 en-us x64 WSUS not installing on client pc